1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Trees

All Arboreal Discussion can be found in this area

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. frangipangi

Bay Tree

glad to see the bay tree topic is still going lol and all i wanted was to know wen to pot haha. Glad i joined this forum its wonderful.
    glad to see the bay tree topic is still going lol and all i wanted was to know wen to pot haha. Glad i joined this forum its wonderful.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. gingatulip29

moving a conifer

...and keep as big a rootball as possible before plunging it into its new hole.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Nursewhen

Tall, slim conifer/evergreen

We had a sky rocket and after 7ish years it was still only 4 feet.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. willow13

apple tree question No 2

Is it in a pot? If so then anytime. If it is not then it should be planted as soon as possible. If its in a bag and its got bare roots, which i suspect it might have then I would soak the roots in...
    Is it in a pot? If so then anytime. If it is not then it should be planted as soon as possible. If its in a bag and its got bare roots, which i suspect it might have then I would soak the roots in a bucket of water for about half an hour cause they might have got dried out. A cox will need...
    Is it in a pot? If so then anytime. If it is not then it should be planted as soon as possible. If its in a bag and its got bare roots, which i suspect it might have then I would soak the roots in a bucket of water for about half an hour cause...
    Is it in a pot? If so then anytime. If it is not then it should be planted as soon as possible. If its in a bag and its got bare roots, which i suspect it might have then I would soak the roots in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. carolla

tree ferns

:D ooo thankyou, nice to be thought of :D Treeferns are fine at the moment but the bananas and brug are looking crispy, but I think there's enough dormant growing energy for 2008
    :D ooo thankyou, nice to be thought of :D Treeferns are fine at the moment but the bananas and brug are looking crispy, but I think there's enough dormant growing energy for 2008
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Victoria

Legend of the Almond Tree

The almond tree doesn't exactly originate from a nordic Country: so, that legend, is a bit of a let down, if you think about it
    The almond tree doesn't exactly originate from a nordic Country: so, that legend, is a bit of a let down, if you think about it
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Whiley

Japanese flowering cherry

Ee nasty. No i'm happy with my cherry the way it is! Can't wait to see it in bloom!
    Ee nasty. No i'm happy with my cherry the way it is! Can't wait to see it in bloom!
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. accidentalgardener

Olive Tree

There seems to have been an excellent harvest here this year, even without our expected rain. The green olives are just so big and fat, just right for stuffing.The harvesting is ongoing with...
    There seems to have been an excellent harvest here this year, even without our expected rain. The green olives are just so big and fat, just right for stuffing.The harvesting is ongoing with the plastic sheets laid out under the trees and folk shaking and poking at the trees with sticks for...
    There seems to have been an excellent harvest here this year, even without our expected rain. The green olives are just so big and fat, just right for stuffing.The harvesting is ongoing with the plastic sheets laid out under the trees and folk...
    There seems to have been an excellent harvest here this year, even without our expected rain. The green olives are just so big and fat, just right for stuffing.The harvesting is ongoing with...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. emily j

apple tree prune

If it has been unnpruned for years then any pruning is likely to curtail fruiting for several years or more. Most of the fruiting wood will be at the top of the tree and this is what you are...
    If it has been unnpruned for years then any pruning is likely to curtail fruiting for several years or more. Most of the fruiting wood will be at the top of the tree and this is what you are cutting.Personaly I prefer to keep pruning of old fruit trees to a bare minimum ie unnbalanced or low...
    If it has been unnpruned for years then any pruning is likely to curtail fruiting for several years or more. Most of the fruiting wood will be at the top of the tree and this is what you are cutting.Personaly I prefer to keep pruning of old...
    If it has been unnpruned for years then any pruning is likely to curtail fruiting for several years or more. Most of the fruiting wood will be at the top of the tree and this is what you are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. PDWR

New home for a fig tree - help needed

mira, :D :D :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Sunshine2

Lemon tree curly leaves

John, I take things slowly these days, so that must make me an Elvis fan. Nothing serious mind, just one or two tracks a month is fine.Nik :cool:
    John, I take things slowly these days, so that must make me an Elvis fan. Nothing serious mind, just one or two tracks a month is fine.Nik :cool:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. pip

Copper beech tree

Hi Pip, walnut is right but if you prune it very regularly it will help restrict the root growth as it will be putting more energy into growing more branches. Of course, if you prune it...
    Hi Pip, walnut is right but if you prune it very regularly it will help restrict the root growth as it will be putting more energy into growing more branches. Of course, if you prune it regularly it will tend to get bushier so it will keep you busy.
    Hi Pip, walnut is right but if you prune it very regularly it will help restrict the root growth as it will be putting more energy into growing more branches. Of course, if you prune it regularly it will tend to get bushier so it will keep you...
    Hi Pip, walnut is right but if you prune it very regularly it will help restrict the root growth as it will be putting more energy into growing more branches. Of course, if you prune it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Garden Apprentice

A Tree for a Container

Most trees that provide you with seasonal interest are deciduous - and will not cope well with drought and limited attention in a container. They will need both watering and feeding to produce...
    Most trees that provide you with seasonal interest are deciduous - and will not cope well with drought and limited attention in a container. They will need both watering and feeding to produce seasonal colour.Amelanchier, Malus, Cotinus,Prunus, Sorbus and Cornus would seem to meet the...
    Most trees that provide you with seasonal interest are deciduous - and will not cope well with drought and limited attention in a container. They will need both watering and feeding to produce seasonal colour.Amelanchier, Malus,...
    Most trees that provide you with seasonal interest are deciduous - and will not cope well with drought and limited attention in a container. They will need both watering and feeding to produce...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Greg Baylis-Hall

Evergreen Tree dying - Help !

Greg, I think it may be one of the Phytophthora family of diseases. Why not check on the Forestry Commission website. David.
    Greg, I think it may be one of the Phytophthora family of diseases. Why not check on the Forestry Commission website. David.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. miraflores

pine

Yes, geoffhandley, I agree about the needles, they can really be a sea of needles. I do like these trees a lot and in Rome and Pompei for example, there are gigantic exemplars of these beautiful...
    Yes, geoffhandley, I agree about the needles, they can really be a sea of needles. I do like these trees a lot and in Rome and Pompei for example, there are gigantic exemplars of these beautiful trees.
    Yes, geoffhandley, I agree about the needles, they can really be a sea of needles. I do like these trees a lot and in Rome and Pompei for example, there are gigantic exemplars of these beautiful trees.
    Yes, geoffhandley, I agree about the needles, they can really be a sea of needles. I do like these trees a lot and in Rome and Pompei for example, there are gigantic exemplars of these beautiful...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. TechieInGarden

Advice on Olive Tree

I`ve had my Olive growing in a pot for about 5 years now and it has quite a few ( small ) fruit again this year. I am, however, going to plant it in the ground this winter the only reason being...
    I`ve had my Olive growing in a pot for about 5 years now and it has quite a few ( small ) fruit again this year. I am, however, going to plant it in the ground this winter the only reason being that I am changing my garden around a bit. If you do keep yours in a pot don`t forget to feed and...
    I`ve had my Olive growing in a pot for about 5 years now and it has quite a few ( small ) fruit again this year. I am, however, going to plant it in the ground this winter the only reason being that I am changing my garden around a bit. If you do...
    I`ve had my Olive growing in a pot for about 5 years now and it has quite a few ( small ) fruit again this year. I am, however, going to plant it in the ground this winter the only reason being...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. mztrouble

dwarf lime tree

I would be inclined to water with rain water whilst its indoors. Watch out for mealy bug!
    I would be inclined to water with rain water whilst its indoors. Watch out for mealy bug!
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. kizzy

magnolia tree root care

Thankyou so much for your replies. I feel more confident about 'trimming' some of the roots in the knowledge that I won't kill the tree!
    Thankyou so much for your replies. I feel more confident about 'trimming' some of the roots in the knowledge that I won't kill the tree!
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Mikey Kent

Boulevard false cypress; blue moss cypress

Hi Mikey as Pete and Daith says wind scortch is the likely problem, probably dried out being in a pot difficult to maintain a stable watering regime in a pot you only have to slip up once and you...
    Hi Mikey as Pete and Daith says wind scortch is the likely problem, probably dried out being in a pot difficult to maintain a stable watering regime in a pot you only have to slip up once and you have a problem, it's unlikely they will come back good they will be misshapen were all the dead bits...
    Hi Mikey as Pete and Daith says wind scortch is the likely problem, probably dried out being in a pot difficult to maintain a stable watering regime in a pot you only have to slip up once and you have a problem, it's unlikely they will come back...
    Hi Mikey as Pete and Daith says wind scortch is the likely problem, probably dried out being in a pot difficult to maintain a stable watering regime in a pot you only have to slip up once and you...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. rockpebblar

pruning magnolia trees

I have a lovely magnolia that I got about three years ago. Not very big yet, but it flowered twice this year too! We have had very strange weather here in Canada too this year!
    I have a lovely magnolia that I got about three years ago. Not very big yet, but it flowered twice this year too! We have had very strange weather here in Canada too this year!
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice