1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Trees

All Arboreal Discussion can be found in this area

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. paul walker

apple tree + plant

I think the palm is Chamaedorea elegans, (I call it Neanthe bella), I think division is the only option at the base, but that could well spoil the plant, so personally I'd leave it alone.As to...
    I think the palm is Chamaedorea elegans, (I call it Neanthe bella), I think division is the only option at the base, but that could well spoil the plant, so personally I'd leave it alone.As to the apple tree Paul, I dont think I would worry that much about a few dying leaves at this time of...
    I think the palm is Chamaedorea elegans, (I call it Neanthe bella), I think division is the only option at the base, but that could well spoil the plant, so personally I'd leave it alone.As to the apple tree Paul, I dont think I would worry...
    I think the palm is Chamaedorea elegans, (I call it Neanthe bella), I think division is the only option at the base, but that could well spoil the plant, so personally I'd leave it alone.As to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. intermiplants

help me pick a new tree

wife decided on a acer tree. she boss
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. kt

Plum tree help.

It does sound like your tree has suckered. You need to pull the pieces of it off where they emerge either from the trunk below the graft union, or from the roots. They are more vigorous than the...
    It does sound like your tree has suckered. You need to pull the pieces of it off where they emerge either from the trunk below the graft union, or from the roots. They are more vigorous than the cultivated part of the tree and are taking all the strength away from that. If you merely cut them...
    It does sound like your tree has suckered. You need to pull the pieces of it off where they emerge either from the trunk below the graft union, or from the roots. They are more vigorous than the cultivated part of the tree and are taking all the...
    It does sound like your tree has suckered. You need to pull the pieces of it off where they emerge either from the trunk below the graft union, or from the roots. They are more vigorous than the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Quaedor36

Re: Lime Tree (Citrus) losing its leaves

I agree with Pete there John, the fruit is just putting stress on the plant. David.
    I agree with Pete there John, the fruit is just putting stress on the plant. David.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. NewbieGreen

Chopped down silver tree growth

I go along with walnut. Definitely looks like a Eucalypt. I suppose you could paint the top of the stump with Arbrex. Should stop any form of disease getting in
    I go along with walnut. Definitely looks like a Eucalypt. I suppose you could paint the top of the stump with Arbrex. Should stop any form of disease getting in
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. NewbieGreen

Silver tree

Cheers, i hadn't noticed those gloves :D Must have been one i'd left out and got soaked in the rain.Heres the little thing after it got blown...
    Cheers, i hadn't noticed those gloves :D Must have been one i'd left out and got soaked in the rain.Heres the little thing after it got blown over. http://www.gardenerscorner.co.uk/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=003323You see the new panel on the left too? Thats the...
    Cheers, i hadn't noticed those gloves :D Must have been one i'd left out and got soaked in the rain.Heres the little thing after it got blown over. http://www.gardenerscorner.co.uk/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=003323You see...
    Cheers, i hadn't noticed those gloves :D Must have been one i'd left out and got soaked in the rain.Heres the little thing after it got blown...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Quaedor36

Lime Tree (Citrus) losing its leaves

Sorry! I seem to have thanked the wrong person!I flicked through the posts, saw the web address, then, scrolling down too far, saw the name, Pete. I went to the site and was so delighted by what...
    Sorry! I seem to have thanked the wrong person!I flicked through the posts, saw the web address, then, scrolling down too far, saw the name, Pete. I went to the site and was so delighted by what I read, that I treated my tree and, then, thanked the wrong person!I don't have senior moments, I...
    Sorry! I seem to have thanked the wrong person!I flicked through the posts, saw the web address, then, scrolling down too far, saw the name, Pete. I went to the site and was so delighted by what I read, that I treated my tree and, then, thanked...
    Sorry! I seem to have thanked the wrong person!I flicked through the posts, saw the web address, then, scrolling down too far, saw the name, Pete. I went to the site and was so delighted by what...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. lynne_2005

trees in a clay garden

Thank you very much whis4ey and Fran, I hadn't imagined the sump forming but can now visualise it happening. I just thought about the expansion and contraction of the clay around the roots, so...
    Thank you very much whis4ey and Fran, I hadn't imagined the sump forming but can now visualise it happening. I just thought about the expansion and contraction of the clay around the roots, so thank you very much for that. I might form small channels of gravel, a couple of inches wide...
    Thank you very much whis4ey and Fran, I hadn't imagined the sump forming but can now visualise it happening. I just thought about the expansion and contraction of the clay around the roots, so thank you very much for that. I might form small...
    Thank you very much whis4ey and Fran, I hadn't imagined the sump forming but can now visualise it happening. I just thought about the expansion and contraction of the clay around the roots, so...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. compost maker

Moving a tree fern

Thanks I will send a photo when I learn how to do it. I have managed to get it on digital camera but after that its one big mystery.
    Thanks I will send a photo when I learn how to do it. I have managed to get it on digital camera but after that its one big mystery.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. intermiplants

next doors over hanging holly tree

Seeing your from manchester makes me wonder, wouldn't it be funny if 2 neighbours were on this forum and didn't realise. Imagine if you had just knocked on my door asking me about my holly? :D
    Seeing your from manchester makes me wonder, wouldn't it be funny if 2 neighbours were on this forum and didn't realise. Imagine if you had just knocked on my door asking me about my holly? :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Tweezers

Indian Bean tree pruning

Thanks Pete. They've got quite leggy this year so they do need a good tidy up anyway. I was just a bit scared I'd do it wrong and wreck them.
    Thanks Pete. They've got quite leggy this year so they do need a good tidy up anyway. I was just a bit scared I'd do it wrong and wreck them.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Scrivs

Dicksonia Tree Ferns

thanks for your advice, i shall print this invaluable information and send it home. thanks again.
    thanks for your advice, i shall print this invaluable information and send it home. thanks again.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Nikita

Getting control of an apple tree

Nikita, if you need any more advice with these other big projects you know wwere to come. David.
    Nikita, if you need any more advice with these other big projects you know wwere to come. David.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. intermiplants

black currant tree

thanks david i was going to take it down to ground level next week .ill leave it now and see what happens next year. cheers
    thanks david i was going to take it down to ground level next week .ill leave it now and see what happens next year. cheers
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. yewandme

Trees

Hi yewandme and welcome, the Beech hedge can be cut back now as you want it without too much problem. the conifers, however, cannot be cut back into old wood. If you go back beyond the green...
    Hi yewandme and welcome, the Beech hedge can be cut back now as you want it without too much problem. the conifers, however, cannot be cut back into old wood. If you go back beyond the green needles, ie into the brown wood, then they will not rejuvinate. David.
    Hi yewandme and welcome, the Beech hedge can be cut back now as you want it without too much problem. the conifers, however, cannot be cut back into old wood. If you go back beyond the green needles, ie into the brown wood, then they will not...
    Hi yewandme and welcome, the Beech hedge can be cut back now as you want it without too much problem. the conifers, however, cannot be cut back into old wood. If you go back beyond the green...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. whis4ey

Acer Palmatum 'Ariadne'

Mine is still young It is supposed to mature at about 10 feet high and just as wide (according to Vertrees) You can, of course, prune to keep it smaller (Japanese maples take fairly well to pruning)
    Mine is still young It is supposed to mature at about 10 feet high and just as wide (according to Vertrees) You can, of course, prune to keep it smaller (Japanese maples take fairly well to pruning)
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. maplewood

12' Tree or Shrub for Screening a Neighbour's House

Hi Maplewood and welcome. I agree with Fonzie go for bamboo, specificlly Phyllostachys, you can have gold, green or black. And it should do the job you want quite quickly. However, it can be...
    Hi Maplewood and welcome. I agree with Fonzie go for bamboo, specificlly Phyllostachys, you can have gold, green or black. And it should do the job you want quite quickly. However, it can be invasive so you would have to keep an eye on it and manage it properly. David.
    Hi Maplewood and welcome. I agree with Fonzie go for bamboo, specificlly Phyllostachys, you can have gold, green or black. And it should do the job you want quite quickly. However, it can be invasive so you would have to keep an eye on it and...
    Hi Maplewood and welcome. I agree with Fonzie go for bamboo, specificlly Phyllostachys, you can have gold, green or black. And it should do the job you want quite quickly. However, it can be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. ohbe

Olive trees

In my humble opinion, go for nothing in particular, poor soil is actually preferable ... unless someone here says they get nice olives off their trees, after ten years, of course.Sorry, pete ...
    In my humble opinion, go for nothing in particular, poor soil is actually preferable ... unless someone here says they get nice olives off their trees, after ten years, of course.Sorry, pete ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. RYDALL

Hornbeam

Thanks Jurassic. It has now turned into a light trim as my friends may be moving instead. Phew!
    Thanks Jurassic. It has now turned into a light trim as my friends may be moving instead. Phew!
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Victoria

Eucalyptus ficifolia

I haven't had a chance to go through my specific book but just looked at what you've suggested. I would never have guessed Eucalyptus. I think you've got it in one ... yet again. Thank you. ...
    I haven't had a chance to go through my specific book but just looked at what you've suggested. I would never have guessed Eucalyptus. I think you've got it in one ... yet again. Thank you.I didn't know there was a red-flowering one. My book says they bloom August-December and grow 6-15...
    I haven't had a chance to go through my specific book but just looked at what you've suggested. I would never have guessed Eucalyptus. I think you've got it in one ... yet again. Thank you.I didn't know there was a red-flowering one. My...
    I haven't had a chance to go through my specific book but just looked at what you've suggested. I would never have guessed Eucalyptus. I think you've got it in one ... yet again. Thank you. ...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice