1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Trees

All Arboreal Discussion can be found in this area

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. mef750

Christmas tree?

Or hows about one of these, http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/plants/plant_finder/plant_pages/10503.shtml
    Or hows about one of these, http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/plants/plant_finder/plant_pages/10503.shtml
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Flowerchild

Fig Tree Cutting

Thankyou for all the suggestions......I think I'm going to try all of them....something is bound to be successful. I'm really keen to try one from seed, I love growing things from seed! Who...
    Thankyou for all the suggestions......I think I'm going to try all of them....something is bound to be successful. I'm really keen to try one from seed, I love growing things from seed! Who knows, I may end up with a fig tree plantation if all these methods succeed! :eek:
    Thankyou for all the suggestions......I think I'm going to try all of them....something is bound to be successful. I'm really keen to try one from seed, I love growing things from seed! Who knows, I may end up with a fig tree plantation if all...
    Thankyou for all the suggestions......I think I'm going to try all of them....something is bound to be successful. I'm really keen to try one from seed, I love growing things from seed! Who...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. charligirl

Newbie's Lilac tree seems to be dying

Pseudomonas syringae pv. syringae is a possibility but only just. So just in case it is that watch very carefully and, when you can see the affected twigs, as well as the leaves, if there are...
    Pseudomonas syringae pv. syringae is a possibility but only just. So just in case it is that watch very carefully and, when you can see the affected twigs, as well as the leaves, if there are signs of the twigs being affected then get VERY busy with the secateurs which should be regularly dipped...
    Pseudomonas syringae pv. syringae is a possibility but only just. So just in case it is that watch very carefully and, when you can see the affected twigs, as well as the leaves, if there are signs of the twigs being affected then get VERY busy...
    Pseudomonas syringae pv. syringae is a possibility but only just. So just in case it is that watch very carefully and, when you can see the affected twigs, as well as the leaves, if there are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. lindie

Plum Trees

You really need to get yourself one of the RHS books on Fruit tree growing and pruning and pests and diseases. There are an awful lot of things to know about looking after fruit trees. For example...
    You really need to get yourself one of the RHS books on Fruit tree growing and pruning and pests and diseases. There are an awful lot of things to know about looking after fruit trees. For example brown patches and holes in leaves could be Bacterial canker, in which case removal of the affected...
    You really need to get yourself one of the RHS books on Fruit tree growing and pruning and pests and diseases. There are an awful lot of things to know about looking after fruit trees. For example brown patches and holes in leaves could be...
    You really need to get yourself one of the RHS books on Fruit tree growing and pruning and pests and diseases. There are an awful lot of things to know about looking after fruit trees. For example...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Gardening Dunce

Tall, slender evergreen trees?

Cheers Fonzie - I'll check that one out! Thanx
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. lakeside

Acer Pruning

Yes I agree with Tropical Don't prune Japanese maples unless there is a purpose ........ They will put on growth when the root system gets settled
    Yes I agree with Tropical Don't prune Japanese maples unless there is a purpose ........ They will put on growth when the root system gets settled
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Victoria

Mystery Tree from Cyprus

On the same ID page as this one a few topics down, your unknown climber. :rolleyes:
    On the same ID page as this one a few topics down, your unknown climber. :rolleyes:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. accidentalgardener

WILLOW OR NOT TO WILLOW

The main danger with willows is the roots seek out water pipes, sewage pipes etc and get in them. Either yours or your neighbours. Whichever you end up with the hefty bill.
    The main danger with willows is the roots seek out water pipes, sewage pipes etc and get in them. Either yours or your neighbours. Whichever you end up with the hefty bill.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. emily j

Apple tree

We have gravel under a couple of our apple trees and there are no problems with it, other than cleaning off the fallen leaves i autumn/winter.
    We have gravel under a couple of our apple trees and there are no problems with it, other than cleaning off the fallen leaves i autumn/winter.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. whis4ey

Japanese Maple Showcase

An opportunity to have a look at a few new pages on my website featuring these beautiful plants Included is a brand new slideshow 'It's just a leaf' Let me know if you find any bad links...
    An opportunity to have a look at a few new pages on my website featuring these beautiful plants Included is a brand new slideshow 'It's just a leaf' Let me know if you find any bad links ...... http://www.fujiyamagarden.com/ThePlants.html
    An opportunity to have a look at a few new pages on my website featuring these beautiful plants Included is a brand new slideshow 'It's just a leaf' Let me know if you find any bad links ...... http://www.fujiyamagarden.com/ThePlants.html
    An opportunity to have a look at a few new pages on my website featuring these beautiful plants Included is a brand new slideshow 'It's just a leaf' Let me know if you find any bad links...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Old Dan

Fig Tree

Dont think they come true from seed LOL, thanks all the same. Very strange customs they have there. :D Cant think why it didn't work.
    Dont think they come true from seed LOL, thanks all the same. Very strange customs they have there. :D Cant think why it didn't work.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. RYDALL

Hornbeam pruning

Titch recommends doing it in July, which I would have said is a bit early, but probably wouldn't do any harm.
    Titch recommends doing it in July, which I would have said is a bit early, but probably wouldn't do any harm.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. NewbieGreen

Plant trees/shrubs now?

clay soil is very fertile just add organic matter or some of your gravel!to improve the drainage worked wonders for me, garden is happilly growing like mad!
    clay soil is very fertile just add organic matter or some of your gravel!to improve the drainage worked wonders for me, garden is happilly growing like mad!
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Chrysocolla

Moving tree ferns

Hello ChrysocollaI am not an expert gardener - perish the thought - but I am an expert mover. I have been moving plants around for more years than I can remember and I have a tried and tested...
    Hello ChrysocollaI am not an expert gardener - perish the thought - but I am an expert mover. I have been moving plants around for more years than I can remember and I have a tried and tested formula.For 3 days before I want to move something I water it copiously. Then, on moving day I...
    Hello ChrysocollaI am not an expert gardener - perish the thought - but I am an expert mover. I have been moving plants around for more years than I can remember and I have a tried and tested formula.For 3 days before I want to move...
    Hello ChrysocollaI am not an expert gardener - perish the thought - but I am an expert mover. I have been moving plants around for more years than I can remember and I have a tried and tested...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. whis4ey

Acer Shirasawanum 'Aureum'

Hot sun is, unfortunately, something that is sadly lacking this year in Northern Ireland
    Hot sun is, unfortunately, something that is sadly lacking this year in Northern Ireland
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. mowgley

Japanese Maple

Well certainly the ground is wet underneath that little right toe We have been having loads of rain. Are the pots well drained? Lift them out of the pot to see if the soil is too sodden. ...
    Well certainly the ground is wet underneath that little right toe We have been having loads of rain. Are the pots well drained? Lift them out of the pot to see if the soil is too sodden. These plants like even moisture content (not dry/wet/dry/wet) in well drained soil. It just might be...
    Well certainly the ground is wet underneath that little right toe We have been having loads of rain. Are the pots well drained? Lift them out of the pot to see if the soil is too sodden. These plants like even moisture content (not...
    Well certainly the ground is wet underneath that little right toe We have been having loads of rain. Are the pots well drained? Lift them out of the pot to see if the soil is too sodden. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. spade

Soil type for acer

Peapod .... take care to remove reverting leaves... my own tree reverted completely :(
    Peapod .... take care to remove reverting leaves... my own tree reverted completely :(
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. elliegreenwellie

Help! White furry stuff on apple tree!!!

One other point about mites, they have 10 legs being crustaceans.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. kryssy

Is it too late for these pear trees?

Thank you Walnut. No fruit this year then but I'll do the recommended thing and hopefully they'll be fine for next year. At least there's a chance they will be saved.
    Thank you Walnut. No fruit this year then but I'll do the recommended thing and hopefully they'll be fine for next year. At least there's a chance they will be saved.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Liz

Dead conifer?

Thanks both :(
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice