Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. JWK

What's looking Exotic in 2022

A little bit of colour for you guys and FANGS! Masdevallia maxilimax
    Poincettia1 1 Jan 22.jpg Poincettia2 1 Jan 22.jpg Poincettia 1 Jan 22.jpg 20220101_113512.jpg Hibiscus Pink1 5 Jan 21.jpg Hibiscus Pink 5 Jan 21.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. JWK

Cannas 2022

It was a bit piteful here in tibshelf for my cannas too harry even thou the weather seemed good :noidea:,they popped up late,i lost some but omega seemed to do well,its a new patch of land for me so il...
    It was a bit piteful here in tibshelf for my cannas too harry even thou the weather seemed good :noidea:,they popped up late,i lost some but omega seemed to do well,its a new patch of land for me so il have to see what this yr brings,next door have confiers growing so i doubt il get much more sun this...
    It was a bit piteful here in tibshelf for my cannas too harry even thou the weather seemed good :noidea:,they popped up late,i lost some but omega seemed to do well,its a new patch of land for me so il have to see what this yr brings,next door have...
    It was a bit piteful here in tibshelf for my cannas too harry even thou the weather seemed good :noidea:,they popped up late,i lost some but omega seemed to do well,its a new patch of land for me so il...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Marley Farley
    Like x 7

How to Germinate a Mango...!

My mango trees never survive more than a few months, they are from commercially brought mangoes
    My mango trees never survive more than a few months, they are from commercially brought mangoes
    Replies:
    Views:
  5.   » Normal Threads
  6. noisette47

Saving a banana...

This winter will be an interesting test of my method. We've already had more -5°C and -6°Cs than in the whole of last winter. Then there's the challenge of warm, sunny periods (I wish!)...
    This winter will be an interesting test of my method. We've already had more -5°C and -6°Cs than in the whole of last winter. Then there's the challenge of warm, sunny periods (I wish!) interspersed with cold spells through Feb and March.
    This winter will be an interesting test of my method. We've already had more -5°C and -6°Cs than in the whole of last winter. Then there's the challenge of warm, sunny periods (I wish!) interspersed with cold spells through Feb and March.
    This winter will be an interesting test of my method. We've already had more -5°C and -6°Cs than in the whole of last winter. Then there's the challenge of warm, sunny periods (I wish!)...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. JWK
    Like x 5

Cannas 2021

2022 thread : Cannas 2022
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. shiney

What's looking Exotic in 2021

2022 Thread : What's looking Exotic in 2022
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Victoria
    Like x 5

Poinciettia (Euphorbia pulcherrima)

Ahh, ;)but you can buy them in pots, flowering pretty much any time during the summer due to the alteration of day length.
    Ahh, ;)but you can buy them in pots, flowering pretty much any time during the summer due to the alteration of day length.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. P Jeffries

Wrapping a palm for winter

OK, thanks for your comments, everyone - I'll reduce the layers of fleece!
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Syd Hutchinson

Abyssinian problem

Similar to what others are saying. Thanks. It seems scary cutting all the leaves off and baring the roots. One would think that is the best way to kill it. I have seen Monty do it but it seemed...
    Similar to what others are saying. Thanks. It seems scary cutting all the leaves off and baring the roots. One would think that is the best way to kill it. I have seen Monty do it but it seemed drastic. However I shall try it.
    Similar to what others are saying. Thanks. It seems scary cutting all the leaves off and baring the roots. One would think that is the best way to kill it. I have seen Monty do it but it seemed drastic. However I shall try it.
    Similar to what others are saying. Thanks. It seems scary cutting all the leaves off and baring the roots. One would think that is the best way to kill it. I have seen Monty do it but it seemed...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Perki

Leucospermum problem

That new furry growth looks really healthy. The new growth mine put out in the summer has now ripened and is forming what I hope are flower buds, although it looks a bit yellow to be honest.Did...
    That new furry growth looks really healthy. The new growth mine put out in the summer has now ripened and is forming what I hope are flower buds, although it looks a bit yellow to be honest.Did you have it in full sun all summer? Just wondering, did it get a frost at some point during the...
    That new furry growth looks really healthy. The new growth mine put out in the summer has now ripened and is forming what I hope are flower buds, although it looks a bit yellow to be honest.Did you have it in full sun all summer? Just...
    That new furry growth looks really healthy. The new growth mine put out in the summer has now ripened and is forming what I hope are flower buds, although it looks a bit yellow to be honest.Did...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Victoria
    Like x 4

Jatropha podagrica (Buddha Belly Plant)

Thanks Pete. It is in full Southern sun most of the day.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Victoria
    Like x 7

Hibiscus rosa-sinensis

Lovely orange @Victoria
    Lovely orange @Victoria
    Lovely orange @Victoria
    Lovely orange @Victoria
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Victoria
    Like x 4

Cycas revoluta

Not sure tbh. I got it around 4 years ago I think but no idea on ageI usually wait a bit for the yellowing ones to get a bit more yellow before removing or it can look a bit bare
    Not sure tbh. I got it around 4 years ago I think but no idea on ageI usually wait a bit for the yellowing ones to get a bit more yellow before removing or it can look a bit bare
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. RobFJ

Better environment for insectivorous plants

Hi @RobFJ , welcome to the forum!The Garden Superstore has a good selection of both decorative and strictly practical planters. I have ordered some for houseplants and have been happy with the...
    Hi @RobFJ , welcome to the forum!The Garden Superstore has a good selection of both decorative and strictly practical planters. I have ordered some for houseplants and have been happy with the products and the service.Please do post some photos of your plants, insectivores are fascinating :)
    Hi @RobFJ , welcome to the forum!The Garden Superstore has a good selection of both decorative and strictly practical planters. I have ordered some for houseplants and have been happy with the products and the service.Please do post some...
    Hi @RobFJ , welcome to the forum!The Garden Superstore has a good selection of both decorative and strictly practical planters. I have ordered some for houseplants and have been happy with the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Victoria
    Like x 5

Allamanda cathartica

I don't know it's age as I have only had it a few months. Yes, it is outside in a pot. I cannot have any plants indoors as I live in an old cottage with 60cm walls and small windows.
    I don't know it's age as I have only had it a few months. Yes, it is outside in a pot. I cannot have any plants indoors as I live in an old cottage with 60cm walls and small windows.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Victoria
    Like x 5

Melaleuca

Oh, and the dangling brighter green bit in the center is the Tecoma stans, Ginger Thomas.
    Oh, and the dangling brighter green bit in the center is the Tecoma stans, Ginger Thomas.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. kindredspirit
    Like x 9

Xeric Bed.

Echinopsis "Shirley Pink" (Abbey Brook hybrid)
    078.JPG 005.JPG IMG_1189 (2).JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. pete
    Like x 6

Exotic fruit or at least exotic to the UK.

Yes I grow the basic long, purple variety, but gave up starting them from seed about 10 years ago. The plants produced for sale on the markets here are so far superior to what I can produce...
    Yes I grow the basic long, purple variety, but gave up starting them from seed about 10 years ago. The plants produced for sale on the markets here are so far superior to what I can produce without heat in the polytunnel. Last year was disastrous as the plants got greenfly and were too sickly to...
    Yes I grow the basic long, purple variety, but gave up starting them from seed about 10 years ago. The plants produced for sale on the markets here are so far superior to what I can produce without heat in the polytunnel. Last year was disastrous...
    Yes I grow the basic long, purple variety, but gave up starting them from seed about 10 years ago. The plants produced for sale on the markets here are so far superior to what I can produce...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Ademission

Avocado - Brown leaves. Is it salt build up?

Hello Giri,Thank you for all of the above useful information. I envy you living in such a nice and warm environment. It must give you many options when it comes to interesting plants.I've just...
    Hello Giri,Thank you for all of the above useful information. I envy you living in such a nice and warm environment. It must give you many options when it comes to interesting plants.I've just spent the last half hour taking Cherry pips out of stones and also Apricot seeds. They are now...
    Hello Giri,Thank you for all of the above useful information. I envy you living in such a nice and warm environment. It must give you many options when it comes to interesting plants.I've just spent the last half hour taking Cherry pips out...
    Hello Giri,Thank you for all of the above useful information. I envy you living in such a nice and warm environment. It must give you many options when it comes to interesting plants.I've just...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. PMoo

Tetrapanax Rex Alive?

I have this cobra lilly beside my tetrapanex. Thought I’d post it as he’s a sight.
    I have this cobra lilly beside my tetrapanex. Thought I’d post it as he’s a sight.
    B3D65475-5234-4B66-B733-C95A048A7BF8.jpeg 62053C1C-69C0-4B79-A843-C7627EABFACD.jpeg D86CE9C7-4A8F-42D0-BB54-0F3F4115ED48.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Elliewellie

Mature Monstera yellowing leaves

Looks pretty good to me. I wouldn't worry too much, just cut them off. Do you feed it . I find they are ok in relatively small pots. I also put another pot along side and trained the aerial...
    Looks pretty good to me. I wouldn't worry too much, just cut them off. Do you feed it . I find they are ok in relatively small pots. I also put another pot along side and trained the aerial roots into it.
    Looks pretty good to me. I wouldn't worry too much, just cut them off. Do you feed it . I find they are ok in relatively small pots. I also put another pot along side and trained the aerial roots into it.
    Looks pretty good to me. I wouldn't worry too much, just cut them off. Do you feed it . I find they are ok in relatively small pots. I also put another pot along side and trained the aerial...
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Victoria
    Like x 3

Jacaranda mimosifolia

Probably due to the cut back, all the strength has gone to the one flowering bud that was left.
    Probably due to the cut back, all the strength has gone to the one flowering bud that was left.
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Mary by the sea

Strelitzia

Thanks again. I have a south facing garden, so sunny spots aren’t a problem. Will also note your advice re frost protection
    Thanks again. I have a south facing garden, so sunny spots aren’t a problem. Will also note your advice re frost protection
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice