Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. JWK

What's looking Exotic 2024

I wondered what season it was in Puerto de la Cruz:scratch:
    P8310016.JPG P8310019.JPG P8310012.JPG 20240117_111820.jpg 20240118_113009.jpg 20240118_113101.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. JWK
    Replies:
    Views:
  4.   » Normal Threads
  5. HarryS

Canna ~2013~

Thanks pete :dbgrtmb: I'll cut off the stem now on the smaller rhizome pieces and let them dry . I store all my rhizomes in slightly damp compost . My big ( now huge ! ) Canna rhizomes I'll divide when...
    Thanks pete :dbgrtmb: I'll cut off the stem now on the smaller rhizome pieces and let them dry . I store all my rhizomes in slightly damp compost . My big ( now huge ! ) Canna rhizomes I'll divide when potting up in March.
    Thanks pete :dbgrtmb: I'll cut off the stem now on the smaller rhizome pieces and let them dry . I store all my rhizomes in slightly damp compost . My big ( now huge ! ) Canna rhizomes I'll divide when potting up in March.
    Thanks pete :dbgrtmb: I'll cut off the stem now on the smaller rhizome pieces and let them dry . I store all my rhizomes in slightly damp compost . My big ( now huge ! ) Canna rhizomes I'll divide when...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. ARMANDII

WHAT'S LOOKING EXOTIC IN 2017

Yes, I tend to fall over in the dark! :snorky:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. ARMANDII
    Like x 8

WHAT'S LOOKING EXOTIC IN 2015

There is a 2017 thread now
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Wayne
    Like x 8

Brugmansias

I would like to give them a trim as they take loads of space in the greenhouse , but as one is flowering and the other is making seeds , will leave like that . I really wanted to create some...
    I would like to give them a trim as they take loads of space in the greenhouse , but as one is flowering and the other is making seeds , will leave like that . I really wanted to create some hybrids but don`t have many variety at the monent , but I`ve notice that thepink brugmansia produce...
    I would like to give them a trim as they take loads of space in the greenhouse , but as one is flowering and the other is making seeds , will leave like that . I really wanted to create some hybrids but don`t have many variety at the monent ,...
    I would like to give them a trim as they take loads of space in the greenhouse , but as one is flowering and the other is making seeds , will leave like that . I really wanted to create some...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. PeterS
    Like x 3

Bananas

The basjoo on it's 2nd leaf, 1st one shredded 3rd roller coming now. The sikkimensis on its 2nd leaf, 2 the 3 ensetes died but the biggest survived and is now in the garden in a 50L pot
    The basjoo on it's 2nd leaf, 1st one shredded 3rd roller coming now. The sikkimensis on its 2nd leaf, 2 the 3 ensetes died but the biggest survived and is now in the garden in a 50L pot
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. PeterS
    Like x 14

What's looking exotic in 2016

As long as it remains frost free it stays undamaged. Plenty of buds coming (although they take longer to form fully) and the flowers are definitely better if I follow the "cool is better" regime.
    As long as it remains frost free it stays undamaged. Plenty of buds coming (although they take longer to form fully) and the flowers are definitely better if I follow the "cool is better" regime.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. joolz68
    Like x 5

Canna 2014

It was the Karchesky seed Jooz.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. ARMANDII

WHAT'S LOOKING EXOTIC IN 2018

Variegated Oleander is ignoring the frosts and still looks good.The warm summer helped the other Oleander to flower more than before and had loads of seed pods which have, just this week,...
    Variegated Oleander is ignoring the frosts and still looks good.The warm summer helped the other Oleander to flower more than before and had loads of seed pods which have, just this week, opened.Butia capitata, Chamaerops cerifera and Fatsia Spiders Web.Tradescantia fluminensis, it's...
    Variegated Oleander is ignoring the frosts and still looks good.The warm summer helped the other Oleander to flower more than before and had loads of seed pods which have, just this week, opened.Butia capitata, Chamaerops cerifera and...
    Variegated Oleander is ignoring the frosts and still looks good.The warm summer helped the other Oleander to flower more than before and had loads of seed pods which have, just this week,...
    2018_01080002.JPG 2018_01080003.JPG 2018_01080001.JPG 2018_01080004.JPG 2018_01080005.JPG 2018_01080006.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. JWK

What's looking Exotic in 2022

I had a quick scan through the video. I know nothing about Plumeria but do know that it is not good practice to do gardening and/or move heavy pots whilst in bare feet. :doh:
    I had a quick scan through the video. I know nothing about Plumeria but do know that it is not good practice to do gardening and/or move heavy pots whilst in bare feet. :doh:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Bilbo675
    Like x 4

Cannas 2015

Thanks
    Thanks
    Thanks
    Thanks
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. JWK
    Like x 12

What's looking Exotic in 2020

New Thread Here:-What's looking Exotic in 2021
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. pete

Palms

I've got a big Waggie right next to my conservatory and up till now the roots dont appear to be causing any problems. Palms dont appear to have the surface spreading roots that broad leaved trees do.
    I've got a big Waggie right next to my conservatory and up till now the roots dont appear to be causing any problems. Palms dont appear to have the surface spreading roots that broad leaved trees do.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. youngdaisydee
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Bilbo675

Canna's on the move

Thanks Bilbo, I think I might try a mixture of both to see what happens. Have a really great Christmas and New Year.:thumbsup::D:xmasbanner::reindeer:
    Thanks Bilbo, I think I might try a mixture of both to see what happens. Have a really great Christmas and New Year.:thumbsup::D:xmasbanner::reindeer:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. PeterS
    Like x 14

What's looking exotic in 2019

Exotic plants in the local area taken today.
    2019_01130002.JPG 2019_01130003.JPG 2019_01130004.JPG DSC_1657.JPG DSC_1658.JPG 2019_03090007.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. PeterS
    Like x 6

Brugmansia 2014

Not sure, but I'd say warm but not hot. Sun on pots might be good at this time of the year but could be a bit too much in hot weather, (if we get any :snork:) Normal soil temperatures in summer seem...
    Not sure, but I'd say warm but not hot. Sun on pots might be good at this time of the year but could be a bit too much in hot weather, (if we get any :snork:) Normal soil temperatures in summer seem fine, as they grow really well if planted out.I think moisture is really the key in hot weather.
    Not sure, but I'd say warm but not hot. Sun on pots might be good at this time of the year but could be a bit too much in hot weather, (if we get any :snork:) Normal soil temperatures in summer seem fine, as they grow really well if planted out.I...
    Not sure, but I'd say warm but not hot. Sun on pots might be good at this time of the year but could be a bit too much in hot weather, (if we get any :snork:) Normal soil temperatures in summer seem...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. pete
    Like x 7

What's looking exotic in August 2012

Pete, the Aloe was one of two pups given to by Bob, remember him ? (North Devon). He said there wa a long wall nearby with Aloes planted all the way long it. It's probably milder there than here...
    Pete, the Aloe was one of two pups given to by Bob, remember him ? (North Devon). He said there wa a long wall nearby with Aloes planted all the way long it. It's probably milder there than here (frost pocket). Depending on the winter it should be relatively hardy but as we had -8/9c here last...
    Pete, the Aloe was one of two pups given to by Bob, remember him ? (North Devon). He said there wa a long wall nearby with Aloes planted all the way long it. It's probably milder there than here (frost pocket). Depending on the winter it should...
    Pete, the Aloe was one of two pups given to by Bob, remember him ? (North Devon). He said there wa a long wall nearby with Aloes planted all the way long it. It's probably milder there than here...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. JWK
    Like x 6

CANNA 2019

Canna time.
    Canna time.
    Canna time.
    Canna time.
    IMG_20180817_085621067 (2).jpg DSCN1712.JPG 20190126_113423.jpg Screenshot_20190126-131407_Chrome.jpg 20190215_144606.jpg 20190215_121028.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. ARMANDII
    Like x 3

CANNA 2018

Who's turn is it to start it this ?? :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Victoria
    Like x 4

Cycas revoluta

He is very handsome ...
    He is very handsome ...
    He is very handsome ...
    He is very handsome ...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice