It's in a cool greenhouse now..........
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. sal73

Giant Crinium

thank you Pete the colour ,look like this in the picture and the shape is similar to the moore.....but I start to give up the idea to know what species it is , there are too many ....plus it must...
    thank you Pete the colour ,look like this in the picture and the shape is similar to the moore.....but I start to give up the idea to know what species it is , there are too many ....plus it must be a true species , has it been in my grandad garden for at least 40 years . It would be nice just...
    thank you Pete the colour ,look like this in the picture and the shape is similar to the moore.....but I start to give up the idea to know what species it is , there are too many ....plus it must be a true species , has it been in my grandad...
    thank you Pete the colour ,look like this in the picture and the shape is similar to the moore.....but I start to give up the idea to know what species it is , there are too many ....plus it must...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. longk

Alsobia dianthiflora seeds

Not sure when it changed I'm afraid.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. longk

Fuchsia procumbens question

They can be slow to germinate. I put some in a tray about a month ago only one is showing at the moment, they are on a heated sandbed with a propagator on.Trevor
    They can be slow to germinate. I put some in a tray about a month ago only one is showing at the moment, they are on a heated sandbed with a propagator on.Trevor
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. longk
    Like x 4

Potting up Dendrobium keiki's

Thanks Scotkat and PeterS.PeterS - thank my insomnia affliction (and the really annoying tickly cough that I have at the moment)! I'll no doubt have to tackle a repot soon (I keep putting that...
    Thanks Scotkat and PeterS.PeterS - thank my insomnia affliction (and the really annoying tickly cough that I have at the moment)! I'll no doubt have to tackle a repot soon (I keep putting that job off), so I'll do a similar post then too. I'm growing plants that I would not have been growing...
    Thanks Scotkat and PeterS.PeterS - thank my insomnia affliction (and the really annoying tickly cough that I have at the moment)! I'll no doubt have to tackle a repot soon (I keep putting that job off), so I'll do a similar post then too. I'm...
    Thanks Scotkat and PeterS.PeterS - thank my insomnia affliction (and the really annoying tickly cough that I have at the moment)! I'll no doubt have to tackle a repot soon (I keep putting that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Gay Gardener

Acidanthera care

Have the same problem with Schyzostilis (maybe bad spelling) in my garden they flower occasionally and not too many blooms.
    Have the same problem with Schyzostilis (maybe bad spelling) in my garden they flower occasionally and not too many blooms.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Gazania

Helichrysum question.

Hi, so is it just a matter of leaving them in the greenhouse and hope that they live until spring ?Gazania
    Hi, so is it just a matter of leaving them in the greenhouse and hope that they live until spring ?Gazania
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. longk

Clianthus advice

That's the one Spruce!I got off fairly lightly last winter all things considered.......... I lost my Diplarrhena latifolia though which was pretty annoying.
    That's the one Spruce!I got off fairly lightly last winter all things considered.......... I lost my Diplarrhena latifolia though which was pretty annoying.
    4697388830_55ca68aa2b_z.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. longk

Sollya heterophylla

Spruce - minus ten was probably pushing the limits a little for a Western Australian native! The white one came from Burncoose - they incorrectly sent the blue form at first, but replaced it...
    Spruce - minus ten was probably pushing the limits a little for a Western Australian native! The white one came from Burncoose - they incorrectly sent the blue form at first, but replaced it without any fuss at all and told me to keep the wrong one too, which is why I have two of the blue form....
    Spruce - minus ten was probably pushing the limits a little for a Western Australian native! The white one came from Burncoose - they incorrectly sent the blue form at first, but replaced it without any fuss at all and told me to keep the wrong...
    Spruce - minus ten was probably pushing the limits a little for a Western Australian native! The white one came from Burncoose - they incorrectly sent the blue form at first, but replaced it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. longk

Moraea huttonii from seed?

Thanks for the advice Peter:dbgrtmb: just sent for some seed of this from the RHS.
    Thanks for the advice Peter:dbgrtmb: just sent for some seed of this from the RHS.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. sal73

Tropical Bamboo

:) Hi there Sal Now some of your postings make sense .. I repeat SOME ... :heehee: I will respond to your PM shortly. Tchau
    :) Hi there Sal Now some of your postings make sense .. I repeat SOME ... :heehee: I will respond to your PM shortly. Tchau
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. *dim*

Exotic/Tropical border costing

I wish you both all the best and really hope she finds her feet again soon. And you too, don't forget to make sometime for yourself while you look after her :thumbsup:
    I wish you both all the best and really hope she finds her feet again soon. And you too, don't forget to make sometime for yourself while you look after her :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Melinda
    Like x 3

Tropical plants in situ!

Lol! Now the food I probably couldn't do....but the rope bridge....I would LOVE that!!! :D
    Lol! Now the food I probably couldn't do....but the rope bridge....I would LOVE that!!! :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. miraflores
    Like x 4

cocoa seedlings

Smashing stuff Mira:dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Pixie

Yucca, Cordyline or Carex?

Thank you for your replies - i will post a picture at the weekend, this way you may recognise what it is. There are lots of different grass type plants in gardens around my parents,...
    Thank you for your replies - i will post a picture at the weekend, this way you may recognise what it is. There are lots of different grass type plants in gardens around my parents, phormiums/cordylines/yucca/redhot pokers/pampass grass/could be any of them to me. Also, searched around her...
    Thank you for your replies - i will post a picture at the weekend, this way you may recognise what it is. There are lots of different grass type plants in gardens around my parents, phormiums/cordylines/yucca/redhot pokers/pampass grass/could be...
    Thank you for your replies - i will post a picture at the weekend, this way you may recognise what it is. There are lots of different grass type plants in gardens around my parents,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. bjayb1943

Growing Alstoemerias in pots

I grow dozens of them here, have done for a few years now, but all in the ground, various types/heights/colours. If it's ultimate height says 60cm expect at least that and they'll want to spread...
    I grow dozens of them here, have done for a few years now, but all in the ground, various types/heights/colours. If it's ultimate height says 60cm expect at least that and they'll want to spread so make the pots diameter and depth about 2' each way - they've very strong root systems so a...
    I grow dozens of them here, have done for a few years now, but all in the ground, various types/heights/colours. If it's ultimate height says 60cm expect at least that and they'll want to spread so make the pots diameter and depth about 2' each...
    I grow dozens of them here, have done for a few years now, but all in the ground, various types/heights/colours. If it's ultimate height says 60cm expect at least that and they'll want to spread...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Scotkat
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. wozwoz

agave mediopicta and medlars

p.s. Pixe - Agaves take really well from the off shoots , popped in a pot of gritty compost , I've got five in the greenhouse from mine . Growing from seed sounds interesting . have fun with that...
    p.s. Pixe - Agaves take really well from the off shoots , popped in a pot of gritty compost , I've got five in the greenhouse from mine . Growing from seed sounds interesting . have fun with that . Thanx again : )
    p.s. Pixe - Agaves take really well from the off shoots , popped in a pot of gritty compost , I've got five in the greenhouse from mine . Growing from seed sounds interesting . have fun with that . Thanx again : )
    p.s. Pixe - Agaves take really well from the off shoots , popped in a pot of gritty compost , I've got five in the greenhouse from mine . Growing from seed sounds interesting . have fun with that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. sal73

Schefflera taiwaniana

Thank you again Gaz ; )....so far it look like i will have to wait till spring and maybe will be more lucky . Thank you all and please any nice suggestion about unusual hardy plants are more then...
    Thank you again Gaz ; )....so far it look like i will have to wait till spring and maybe will be more lucky . Thank you all and please any nice suggestion about unusual hardy plants are more then welcome.
    Thank you again Gaz ; )....so far it look like i will have to wait till spring and maybe will be more lucky . Thank you all and please any nice suggestion about unusual hardy plants are more then welcome.
    Thank you again Gaz ; )....so far it look like i will have to wait till spring and maybe will be more lucky . Thank you all and please any nice suggestion about unusual hardy plants are more then...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. DUBMAN2011

plumeria seeds

Cool :D
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice