Tropical Gardening

All Discussion for Tropical Species Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1. Richard360

Colocasia Gigateae Elepant Ear Alocasia.

:thumbsup: ta Longk , I think more to come as well :love30: I will take another photo September Lets hope I get it through another winter , wont be much space left in the greenhouse though :snork:
    :thumbsup: ta Longk , I think more to come as well :love30: I will take another photo September Lets hope I get it through another winter , wont be much space left in the greenhouse though :snork:
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Butterfly6

Tropical garden Novice

Daylilys look quite tropical and so do Crocosmias and both are fully hardy.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley
    Like x 8

How to Germinate a Mango...!

Well from what I've heard so far it looks like my mango and avocado are destined to remain indoors as house plants....trees!! Now that's worrying, lol.
    Well from what I've heard so far it looks like my mango and avocado are destined to remain indoors as house plants....trees!! Now that's worrying, lol.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. sal73
    Like x 7

Tony`s Tropicals plants

Tony is Legend :dbgrtmb: Plus he plays the Squeeze box and trumpet :wub2: TOP MAN
    Tony is Legend :dbgrtmb: Plus he plays the Squeeze box and trumpet :wub2: TOP MAN
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. pete
    Like x 6

Exotic fruit or at least exotic to the UK.

Yes I grow the basic long, purple variety, but gave up starting them from seed about 10 years ago. The plants produced for sale on the markets here are so far superior to what I can produce...
    Yes I grow the basic long, purple variety, but gave up starting them from seed about 10 years ago. The plants produced for sale on the markets here are so far superior to what I can produce without heat in the polytunnel. Last year was disastrous as the plants got greenfly and were too sickly to...
    Yes I grow the basic long, purple variety, but gave up starting them from seed about 10 years ago. The plants produced for sale on the markets here are so far superior to what I can produce without heat in the polytunnel. Last year was disastrous...
    Yes I grow the basic long, purple variety, but gave up starting them from seed about 10 years ago. The plants produced for sale on the markets here are so far superior to what I can produce...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. sal73

Lapageria

I've just found buds on mine!! :hapfeet::hapydancsmil::yahoo::yes:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. al n
    Like x 8

Took delivery of my jungle!!

Thanks Pete & John, very nice of you to say!!Made up with the lovely comments on my garden from all of you! :ccheers: :dancy: :hapydancsmil: :hapydancsmil: :hapydancsmil: :spinning: :spinning: :spinning: :wub2: :yahoo:And thanks again to sal, I know where to order my plants from...
    Thanks Pete & John, very nice of you to say!!Made up with the lovely comments on my garden from all of you! :ccheers: :dancy: :hapydancsmil: :hapydancsmil: :hapydancsmil: :spinning: :spinning: :spinning: :wub2: :yahoo:And thanks again to sal, I know where to order my plants from now when I come to do my front garden! :blue thumb:
    Thanks Pete & John, very nice of you to say!!Made up with the lovely comments on my garden from all of you! :ccheers: :dancy: :hapydancsmil: :hapydancsmil: :hapydancsmil: :spinning: :spinning: :spinning: :wub2: :yahoo:And thanks again to sal, I know where to order my plants from now when I come to do my front garden! :blue thumb:
    Thanks Pete & John, very nice of you to say!!Made up with the lovely comments on my garden from all of you! :ccheers: :dancy: :hapydancsmil: :hapydancsmil: :hapydancsmil: :spinning: :spinning: :spinning: :wub2: :yahoo:And thanks again to sal, I know where to order my plants from...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. roders

I want to grow a Pineapple.

You can get a Pineapple at Asda for £0.95 :biggrin: When they were first grown in Europe in the 1700's, it was virtually worth it's weight in gold. Special hothouses were built, called pinery's I think, to...
    You can get a Pineapple at Asda for £0.95 :biggrin: When they were first grown in Europe in the 1700's, it was virtually worth it's weight in gold. Special hothouses were built, called pinery's I think, to slowly grow them. You can still see carved pineapples on the gate posts of older houses, a real...
    You can get a Pineapple at Asda for £0.95 :biggrin: When they were first grown in Europe in the 1700's, it was virtually worth it's weight in gold. Special hothouses were built, called pinery's I think, to slowly grow them. You can still see carved...
    You can get a Pineapple at Asda for £0.95 :biggrin: When they were first grown in Europe in the 1700's, it was virtually worth it's weight in gold. Special hothouses were built, called pinery's I think, to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Daisies

keeping bananas

yes, she eats them all! She loves all fruit, and carrots too! Between her and the birds, we rarely got any loganberries! And I've seen her on her back legs, front legs in the air, stretching...
    yes, she eats them all! She loves all fruit, and carrots too! Between her and the birds, we rarely got any loganberries! And I've seen her on her back legs, front legs in the air, stretching her head up for grapes! :D
    yes, she eats them all! She loves all fruit, and carrots too! Between her and the birds, we rarely got any loganberries! And I've seen her on her back legs, front legs in the air, stretching her head up for grapes! :D
    yes, she eats them all! She loves all fruit, and carrots too! Between her and the birds, we rarely got any loganberries! And I've seen her on her back legs, front legs in the air, stretching...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. longk
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Banana Man

Relax...eat a banana....

BM I don't know, but from the workers' reactions I think they are nasty ones! :eek: :eek: :eek: :D-------------- shiney
    BM I don't know, but from the workers' reactions I think they are nasty ones! :eek: :eek: :eek: :D-------------- shiney
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Kristen

What's Looking Exotic In October 2013

I'm also certain that I've had longer inflorescences on Hedychium greenii in previous years, but mine have been like yours this year ... apart from their ease of propagation if they don't improve...
    I'm also certain that I've had longer inflorescences on Hedychium greenii in previous years, but mine have been like yours this year ... apart from their ease of propagation if they don't improve I'm going to find them a new owner :)
    I'm also certain that I've had longer inflorescences on Hedychium greenii in previous years, but mine have been like yours this year ... apart from their ease of propagation if they don't improve I'm going to find them a new owner :)
    I'm also certain that I've had longer inflorescences on Hedychium greenii in previous years, but mine have been like yours this year ... apart from their ease of propagation if they don't improve...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Sirius
    Like x 3

Aloes

I think you are right with Brevifolia Sirius. It will be interesting to see how they have fared in a month or so.
    I think you are right with Brevifolia Sirius. It will be interesting to see how they have fared in a month or so.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. wiseowl

Red Banana Plants

No Sirius , you will receive a mummyfied roots , all the plants on that cataloque are dormant rizhomas , in nature many plants are dry them self in the dry season and come back with the monson season.
    No Sirius , you will receive a mummyfied roots , all the plants on that cataloque are dormant rizhomas , in nature many plants are dry them self in the dry season and come back with the monson season.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. al n

gunnera, good idea or not?

I'd vote for Gunnera. I had one by the pond in our last garden and although dramatic, it didn't dominate. Sadly we had to move in such a hurry that I left it behind. Luckily, I'd given a piece to...
    I'd vote for Gunnera. I had one by the pond in our last garden and although dramatic, it didn't dominate. Sadly we had to move in such a hurry that I left it behind. Luckily, I'd given a piece to a local Buddhist retreat centre. As it was planted next to the reed bed treatment pond it did grow...
    I'd vote for Gunnera. I had one by the pond in our last garden and although dramatic, it didn't dominate. Sadly we had to move in such a hurry that I left it behind. Luckily, I'd given a piece to a local Buddhist retreat centre. As it was...
    I'd vote for Gunnera. I had one by the pond in our last garden and although dramatic, it didn't dominate. Sadly we had to move in such a hurry that I left it behind. Luckily, I'd given a piece to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. TMAK

Starting a tropical looking garden

Out of curiosity what colour would ye suggest to paint the fence ?Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Out of curiosity what colour would ye suggest to paint the fence ?Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. DUBMAN2011

plumeria seeds

Cool :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. PeterS
    Like x 8

Costa Rica - plants and flowers

Peter i think so myself mate as they're showing this end...just gets the mind boggling :scratch:
    Peter i think so myself mate as they're showing this end...just gets the mind boggling :scratch:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. sal73

Rare Plants

Ha ha ha!! You're beginning to see it as I do!
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Banana Man

Banana Man's April Hideout....

Banana man do skunk cabbage spread?I'm thinking of planting it the other side of the stream.All the best mate...daz
    Banana man do skunk cabbage spread?I'm thinking of planting it the other side of the stream.All the best mate...daz
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice