1. A very warm welcome to our new members from GW forums!
    Please see post #99 in the thread below for important information to help your friends wishing to join
    Gardeners World forum members gathering place
    Dismiss Notice

Water Gardening

Discussion For All Water Related Features & Projects

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Fat Controller

Goodbye Lawn, Hello Pond!

Lovely pond image! :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Redwing
    Like x 17

We're Making a Wildlife Pond

My pond is a bit smaller(well quite a lot)...........
    IMG_6168resize.JPG IMG_6182resize.JPG IMG_6207resize.JPG resize.JPG IMG_6232resize.JPG IMG_6235resize.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. SparklyPurple

Bog garden and pond advice please

Watermint has lilac flowers and releases a wonderful fragrance when brushed.I had a raised container pond a few years back and two goldfish. I did not get any mosquito larvae, so assume the...
    Watermint has lilac flowers and releases a wonderful fragrance when brushed.I had a raised container pond a few years back and two goldfish. I did not get any mosquito larvae, so assume the fish ate them. I did get them in the water butt though.
    Watermint has lilac flowers and releases a wonderful fragrance when brushed.I had a raised container pond a few years back and two goldfish. I did not get any mosquito larvae, so assume the fish ate them. I did get them in the water butt though.
    Watermint has lilac flowers and releases a wonderful fragrance when brushed.I had a raised container pond a few years back and two goldfish. I did not get any mosquito larvae, so assume the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5.   » Normal Threads
  6. Punkdoc
    Like x 3

Ducks

We have a couple in the burn along the road which have been quite visible recently. Lots of water sources around for them, so I don't always see them. The burn runs through nearby farmland and...
    We have a couple in the burn along the road which have been quite visible recently. Lots of water sources around for them, so I don't always see them. The burn runs through nearby farmland and the little NT garden there, although there was a pair having a tootle around on the roof of a...
    We have a couple in the burn along the road which have been quite visible recently. Lots of water sources around for them, so I don't always see them. The burn runs through nearby farmland and the little NT garden there, although there was a...
    We have a couple in the burn along the road which have been quite visible recently. Lots of water sources around for them, so I don't always see them. The burn runs through nearby farmland and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Selleri

Why is my pond water milky?

You could always vacillate or temporise instead. So you could spend a little extra time trying to decide between all of them :thumbsup:
    You could always vacillate or temporise instead. So you could spend a little extra time trying to decide between all of them :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. TheMadHedger
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. TheMadHedger

What are these extremely tiny wormlike critters in my pond?

Thanks for the tips.
    Thanks for the tips.
    Thanks for the tips.
    Thanks for the tips.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. TheMadHedger

In need of some advice about a neglected pond

Well, I just found a small brown newt while clearing some brambles. It was perfectly healthy and I moved it to a safer space near the pond where I won't accidentally cause it any harm.
    Well, I just found a small brown newt while clearing some brambles. It was perfectly healthy and I moved it to a safer space near the pond where I won't accidentally cause it any harm.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. burnie
    Like x 8

Lock down pond

Lovely pond. Creeping Jenny is good to hide a liner.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. JWK

Sarracenia better looking container(s) ideas please

Mine live in cheapo washing up bowls, amidst sphagnum moss. You need to keep an eye on the sphagnum moss as it can swamp smaller pitcher plants, generally the taller forms are not. affected.
    Mine live in cheapo washing up bowls, amidst sphagnum moss. You need to keep an eye on the sphagnum moss as it can swamp smaller pitcher plants, generally the taller forms are not. affected.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. lizk

Whisky barrel wildlife pond

as for the stinky whisky barrel...i left some water and pond plants in it thinking I would maybe use it next year when it's less stinky...but the water has gone rather slimy.....
    as for the stinky whisky barrel...i left some water and pond plants in it thinking I would maybe use it next year when it's less stinky...but the water has gone rather slimy.....
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Jungle Jane

Plant Suggestions For My Goblin In A Bath

If you wanted something low-growing to cover the water surface - green bath foam effect - there are various floating aquatic plants that would do that in the summer months at least, e.g. frogbit,...
    If you wanted something low-growing to cover the water surface - green bath foam effect - there are various floating aquatic plants that would do that in the summer months at least, e.g. frogbit, salvinia natans.
    If you wanted something low-growing to cover the water surface - green bath foam effect - there are various floating aquatic plants that would do that in the summer months at least, e.g. frogbit, salvinia natans.
    If you wanted something low-growing to cover the water surface - green bath foam effect - there are various floating aquatic plants that would do that in the summer months at least, e.g. frogbit,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. hi2u_uk

water feature for garden

I am thinking of buy a water feature for the garden. I wold like one that is solar powered. Does anyone know any reputable companies that sell good quality ones. I was thinking of buying the...
    I am thinking of buy a water feature for the garden. I wold like one that is solar powered. Does anyone know any reputable companies that sell good quality ones. I was thinking of buying the followingI have read reviews of water features cracking during winter. Do think this is likely with...
    I am thinking of buy a water feature for the garden. I wold like one that is solar powered. Does anyone know any reputable companies that sell good quality ones. I was thinking of buying the followingI have read reviews of water features...
    I am thinking of buy a water feature for the garden. I wold like one that is solar powered. Does anyone know any reputable companies that sell good quality ones. I was thinking of buying the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Clueless 1 v2

Pond / water feature pump advice please

Looking at my formal ponds today and I'm going to have to lift the slabs and put in place some sort of flat, metal strip to support them. My concreting and bricklaying days are over :biggrin:
    Looking at my formal ponds today and I'm going to have to lift the slabs and put in place some sort of flat, metal strip to support them. My concreting and bricklaying days are over :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Steve Bryant

Marsh Pennywort

You may find a species identification event near you. They're being held around the country mid May. You can contact the NNSS Invasive Species Week » NNSS
    You may find a species identification event near you. They're being held around the country mid May. You can contact the NNSS Invasive Species Week » NNSS
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. j-Dubs

Solar Oxygenator for wildlife pond recommendation.

I have four ponds. One for fish with a pump and three for wildlife. No pumps or running water in these as I’m aware frogs prefer still water. All three wildlife ponds have oxygenating plants and...
    I have four ponds. One for fish with a pump and three for wildlife. No pumps or running water in these as I’m aware frogs prefer still water. All three wildlife ponds have oxygenating plants and other plants around the edges. Always clear. Frogs, newts, dragonflies all visit. Agree with you...
    I have four ponds. One for fish with a pump and three for wildlife. No pumps or running water in these as I’m aware frogs prefer still water. All three wildlife ponds have oxygenating plants and other plants around the edges. Always clear. Frogs,...
    I have four ponds. One for fish with a pump and three for wildlife. No pumps or running water in these as I’m aware frogs prefer still water. All three wildlife ponds have oxygenating plants and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Sienna's Blossom
    Like x 14

Our new wildlife pond

@Sienna's Blossom Your pond is soon amazing, very pretty :wub2:. Well done!
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Sogni verdi
    Like x 9

Our new pond

Fab :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Gwen austin

Identity please

I thought having a bridge and pebbles at the Base if the pond with pebbles at the shallow end leading to a beach area was enough. Hopefully the plants will help matters this year
    I thought having a bridge and pebbles at the Base if the pond with pebbles at the shallow end leading to a beach area was enough. Hopefully the plants will help matters this year
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Victoria
    Like x 4

Water Gardening

Just love this but don't know where to put it ...Rainwater Gardening ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Mr Grinch

Pool problem

I have a wildlife pond. I use a mains connected pump to circulate the water and let it splash down again to the pond. Stops it becoming stagnant by putting oxygen into the water.
    I have a wildlife pond. I use a mains connected pump to circulate the water and let it splash down again to the pond. Stops it becoming stagnant by putting oxygen into the water.
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Nathanty1

Support for A Level Engineering Product

Hi.Such systems already exist. Watering on a schedule might not be the best option. It might be better to use moisture sensors to decide when and how much to water.If you wanted to be clever,...
    Hi.Such systems already exist. Watering on a schedule might not be the best option. It might be better to use moisture sensors to decide when and how much to water.If you wanted to be clever, you could have a single, low cost sensor array monitoring light level and air temperature, with one...
    Hi.Such systems already exist. Watering on a schedule might not be the best option. It might be better to use moisture sensors to decide when and how much to water.If you wanted to be clever, you could have a single, low cost sensor array...
    Hi.Such systems already exist. Watering on a schedule might not be the best option. It might be better to use moisture sensors to decide when and how much to water.If you wanted to be clever,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. clanless

A mystery?

I’ve used ‘Blanket Answer’ and it looks very much like that. Very effective. Obviously, you wouldn’t want to put anything in the pond if you don’t know what it is.
    I’ve used ‘Blanket Answer’ and it looks very much like that. Very effective. Obviously, you wouldn’t want to put anything in the pond if you don’t know what it is.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice