1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Water Gardening

Discussion For All Water Related Features & Projects

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Lintama

Making a natural !?!? pond

http://www.stroudvalleysproject.org/CamPeakPond.html?name=CAMPOND Our pond was empty within weeks when the livestock were moved away.The clay dried and cracked at the waterline because the Cow's...
    http://www.stroudvalleysproject.org/CamPeakPond.html?name=CAMPOND Our pond was empty within weeks when the livestock were moved away.The clay dried and cracked at the waterline because the Cow's hooves had kept it puddled as they drank.
    http://www.stroudvalleysproject.org/CamPeakPond.html?name=CAMPOND Our pond was empty within weeks when the livestock were moved away.The clay dried and cracked at the waterline because the Cow's hooves had kept it puddled as they drank.
    http://www.stroudvalleysproject.org/CamPeakPond.html?name=CAMPOND Our pond was empty within weeks when the livestock were moved away.The clay dried and cracked at the waterline because the Cow's...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. David G

Toads

I presume these are Common Toads which would normally be hibernating outside. They will be ok in the greenhouse but the fluctuating temperatures might stop them from hibernating properly. They...
    I presume these are Common Toads which would normally be hibernating outside. They will be ok in the greenhouse but the fluctuating temperatures might stop them from hibernating properly. They would need to be able to get out in order to breed by march.
    I presume these are Common Toads which would normally be hibernating outside. They will be ok in the greenhouse but the fluctuating temperatures might stop them from hibernating properly. They would need to be able to get out in order to breed by...
    I presume these are Common Toads which would normally be hibernating outside. They will be ok in the greenhouse but the fluctuating temperatures might stop them from hibernating properly. They...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. jesaya

Unexpected fish...

The pond is only about 4-5' long and 3' wide (one of those pre-formed shaped things). I have some netting (one of the many things my kind seller left for me) so I will have a go at protecting the...
    The pond is only about 4-5' long and 3' wide (one of those pre-formed shaped things). I have some netting (one of the many things my kind seller left for me) so I will have a go at protecting the fish.
    The pond is only about 4-5' long and 3' wide (one of those pre-formed shaped things). I have some netting (one of the many things my kind seller left for me) so I will have a go at protecting the fish.
    The pond is only about 4-5' long and 3' wide (one of those pre-formed shaped things). I have some netting (one of the many things my kind seller left for me) so I will have a go at protecting the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Lyn

One of my big Koi has died.

Hi Lyn, Your fish died from Dropsy, a comon condition in cold weather. It can also be due to a bacterial infection. check the link below. John.http://www.absolute-koi.com/prod531.html
    Hi Lyn, Your fish died from Dropsy, a comon condition in cold weather. It can also be due to a bacterial infection. check the link below. John.http://www.absolute-koi.com/prod531.html
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. RYDALL

Zantedeschia in ponds

It looks like a speckled wood from here Pete. (The butterfly that is, not the eucy.) But what's it doing in walnut's garden? Mine maybe which is slightly reminiscent of a wild wood/bomb site...
    It looks like a speckled wood from here Pete. (The butterfly that is, not the eucy.) But what's it doing in walnut's garden? Mine maybe which is slightly reminiscent of a wild wood/bomb site hybrid. :D
    It looks like a speckled wood from here Pete. (The butterfly that is, not the eucy.) But what's it doing in walnut's garden? Mine maybe which is slightly reminiscent of a wild wood/bomb site hybrid. :D
    It looks like a speckled wood from here Pete. (The butterfly that is, not the eucy.) But what's it doing in walnut's garden? Mine maybe which is slightly reminiscent of a wild wood/bomb site...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Lyn

Floating pond net

Lyn I had a frame (speedframe)1" square stainless steel and fitted the net to that then I just lifted it off when maintaining the pond it was easy, the only problem was I needed the frame for a...
    Lyn I had a frame (speedframe)1" square stainless steel and fitted the net to that then I just lifted it off when maintaining the pond it was easy, the only problem was I needed the frame for a more urgent project and cut the frame up but I will get around to making another.
    Lyn I had a frame (speedframe)1" square stainless steel and fitted the net to that then I just lifted it off when maintaining the pond it was easy, the only problem was I needed the frame for a more urgent project and cut the frame up but I will...
    Lyn I had a frame (speedframe)1" square stainless steel and fitted the net to that then I just lifted it off when maintaining the pond it was easy, the only problem was I needed the frame for a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Lyn

Do I take the net off?

Wg is right Lyn the net or a grille is a good option they will also stop fish jumping out, this year I went in the garden at dusk doing my last round up and found my biggest Koi dry almost dead...
    Wg is right Lyn the net or a grille is a good option they will also stop fish jumping out, this year I went in the garden at dusk doing my last round up and found my biggest Koi dry almost dead near the back door , they had been frisky all day chasing round the pond and she had jumped out ,I...
    Wg is right Lyn the net or a grille is a good option they will also stop fish jumping out, this year I went in the garden at dusk doing my last round up and found my biggest Koi dry almost dead near the back door , they had been frisky all day...
    Wg is right Lyn the net or a grille is a good option they will also stop fish jumping out, this year I went in the garden at dusk doing my last round up and found my biggest Koi dry almost dead...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. pete

Too many fish.

How about joining your local freecycle network and advertising them on there. I know someone that did that here and successfully managed to rehome loads of excess fish and plants. You might also...
    How about joining your local freecycle network and advertising them on there. I know someone that did that here and successfully managed to rehome loads of excess fish and plants. You might also pick up a few things you need/would like in the process! I got a belfast sink and a water butt from...
    How about joining your local freecycle network and advertising them on there. I know someone that did that here and successfully managed to rehome loads of excess fish and plants. You might also pick up a few things you need/would like in the...
    How about joining your local freecycle network and advertising them on there. I know someone that did that here and successfully managed to rehome loads of excess fish and plants. You might also...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Gillypetunia

Cloudy pond

Periods of bright sunshine can cause algae to bloom this in turn can overcome your filter so the balance can be affected by the weather.
    Periods of bright sunshine can cause algae to bloom this in turn can overcome your filter so the balance can be affected by the weather.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Erin

Dead Fish

I think it is your pump! One hot day last year a friend turned off her pump and went away for a few days. When she returned all her fish had died and she was so upset.I think they need the...
    I think it is your pump! One hot day last year a friend turned off her pump and went away for a few days. When she returned all her fish had died and she was so upset.I think they need the pump/filter to oxygenate the water. When we first created a water garden with fish we didn't...
    I think it is your pump! One hot day last year a friend turned off her pump and went away for a few days. When she returned all her fish had died and she was so upset.I think they need the pump/filter to oxygenate the water. When we first...
    I think it is your pump! One hot day last year a friend turned off her pump and went away for a few days. When she returned all her fish had died and she was so upset.I think they need the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Gardening Paradise

Water Gardening with Gardening Paradise

We have a wealth of Information regarding Water Gardening. Please select Water Gardening from the categories on the left.Lots of ideas are available aswell as water Garden products.We cover...
    We have a wealth of Information regarding Water Gardening. Please select Water Gardening from the categories on the left.Lots of ideas are available aswell as water Garden products.We cover all things gardening and remember if you have any Information, Tips or Advice regarding Water...
    We have a wealth of Information regarding Water Gardening. Please select Water Gardening from the categories on the left.Lots of ideas are available aswell as water Garden products.We cover all things gardening and remember if you have any...
    We have a wealth of Information regarding Water Gardening. Please select Water Gardening from the categories on the left.Lots of ideas are available aswell as water Garden products.We cover...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Gillypetunia

Fishes!

mine died, so i recyled it
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Gillypetunia

Gilly's Pond

Hi Gilly,Yep, I'd have to place a rockery around it with nooks and crannies for the frogs etc and my main garden isn't ready for that yet.I think I'll wait as if I put the wine barrel on my...
    Hi Gilly,Yep, I'd have to place a rockery around it with nooks and crannies for the frogs etc and my main garden isn't ready for that yet.I think I'll wait as if I put the wine barrel on my patio with a couple of fish there really isn't much shelter from the sun (Ha Ha Ha the sun!!!!).TO
    Hi Gilly,Yep, I'd have to place a rockery around it with nooks and crannies for the frogs etc and my main garden isn't ready for that yet.I think I'll wait as if I put the wine barrel on my patio with a couple of fish there really isn't much...
    Hi Gilly,Yep, I'd have to place a rockery around it with nooks and crannies for the frogs etc and my main garden isn't ready for that yet.I think I'll wait as if I put the wine barrel on my...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. seeker of knowledge

Fishy Tale

I read about a snake in a pond in another topic on here (and saw the pic).... I have concluded that I would freak if I found one in my pond!
    I read about a snake in a pond in another topic on here (and saw the pic).... I have concluded that I would freak if I found one in my pond!
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Erin

pond filter?

I put in a decent filter just as you said and the fish and plants are happy. keeps the water clean too.thank you Walnut
    I put in a decent filter just as you said and the fish and plants are happy. keeps the water clean too.thank you Walnut
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. fred1935

Fish Gone.!!

Hi Fred;I think your pond looks great! I am by no means knowlegable about this sort of thing but just wanted to put this forward.We have six fish in our back garden and over the course of the...
    Hi Fred;I think your pond looks great! I am by no means knowlegable about this sort of thing but just wanted to put this forward.We have six fish in our back garden and over the course of the winter and spring they were virtually non existant. For quiet awhile I thought they had been eaten,...
    Hi Fred;I think your pond looks great! I am by no means knowlegable about this sort of thing but just wanted to put this forward.We have six fish in our back garden and over the course of the winter and spring they were virtually non...
    Hi Fred;I think your pond looks great! I am by no means knowlegable about this sort of thing but just wanted to put this forward.We have six fish in our back garden and over the course of the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Honey Bee

Weird Fishy goings on!!!!!!!......

mmmmm.....Mulder........ he can come and solve my mysteries anyday!!! :D :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Claire75

New pond...

Great pic though!
    Great pic though!
    Great pic though!
    Great pic though!
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Mel

building a pond!

Ooh I'd love a pond!! Well done on getting it in and level....sounds like quite a job!! Can't wait to see piccies as it develops
    Ooh I'd love a pond!! Well done on getting it in and level....sounds like quite a job!! Can't wait to see piccies as it develops
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Garden sponge

Update on the frogs that had croaked

could an animal have got them?
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice