1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Water Gardening

Discussion For All Water Related Features & Projects

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. JarBax

It's a pea souper!

Many thanks Paladin I will get to it straight away
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. richardd2007

plants that respond highly to water

Thankyou all for your response. After looking into it i did find that there were far too many variables involved with growing a plant linked up to a variable water supply. The concept has been...
    Thankyou all for your response. After looking into it i did find that there were far too many variables involved with growing a plant linked up to a variable water supply. The concept has been developed as an online resource where users can download a dynamic wallpaper from their water company's...
    Thankyou all for your response. After looking into it i did find that there were far too many variables involved with growing a plant linked up to a variable water supply. The concept has been developed as an online resource where users can...
    Thankyou all for your response. After looking into it i did find that there were far too many variables involved with growing a plant linked up to a variable water supply. The concept has been...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. netty

filters

Thank you WG, thats something about the size of pump/flow I wouldn't have thought of.
    Thank you WG, thats something about the size of pump/flow I wouldn't have thought of.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Hedgetrimmer

Pond Plants

I just bought some Stratiotes aloides (water soldiers) for my teeny tiny pond. I shall make sure I keep an eye on them having read this little lot!
    I just bought some Stratiotes aloides (water soldiers) for my teeny tiny pond. I shall make sure I keep an eye on them having read this little lot!
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. seeker of knowledge

pond sealing

croeso Seeker of Knowledge from Sunny Rhyl
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. RYDALL

Good water gardening books?

Thanks Claire. I will look out for them in the shops. It is more the individual plants than pond designs, construction that I need so I will see which is best.
    Thanks Claire. I will look out for them in the shops. It is more the individual plants than pond designs, construction that I need so I will see which is best.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. windy miller

Pond in a Pot

This was mine last year - am about to empty and refill it! Im afraid I dont encourage frogs cos I have a prob with them :( but it works quite well! Have to buy a new pump for it this year...
    This was mine last year - am about to empty and refill it! Im afraid I dont encourage frogs cos I have a prob with them :( but it works quite well! Have to buy a new pump for it this year though. I bought the large pot very cheaply and varnished it inside and out, drilled a hole for the...
    This was mine last year - am about to empty and refill it! Im afraid I dont encourage frogs cos I have a prob with them :( but it works quite well! Have to buy a new pump for it this year though. I bought the large pot very cheaply and...
    This was mine last year - am about to empty and refill it! Im afraid I dont encourage frogs cos I have a prob with them :( but it works quite well! Have to buy a new pump for it this year...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. frogesque

DIY Pond Feature

Update:The goldfish were starting to take too much interest in the frogspawn so a small corner of the pond has been sectioned off with curtain net draped over a cane and weighted on the bottom...
    Update:The goldfish were starting to take too much interest in the frogspawn so a small corner of the pond has been sectioned off with curtain net draped over a cane and weighted on the bottom with some stones. A few taddies have hatched outI'm well pleased with the home made filtration...
    Update:The goldfish were starting to take too much interest in the frogspawn so a small corner of the pond has been sectioned off with curtain net draped over a cane and weighted on the bottom with some stones. A few taddies have hatched out ...
    Update:The goldfish were starting to take too much interest in the frogspawn so a small corner of the pond has been sectioned off with curtain net draped over a cane and weighted on the bottom...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Claire75

Plants to go around my pond - for frogs!

Thanks Frogesque, that'll be very helpful - it's brilliant to have specific plants to look for when you're as indecisive in garden centres as I am! Alpine strawberries sound lovely and hostas...
    Thanks Frogesque, that'll be very helpful - it's brilliant to have specific plants to look for when you're as indecisive in garden centres as I am! Alpine strawberries sound lovely and hostas sound great - especially if they divert the slugs away from the veg patch, double bonus :D
    Thanks Frogesque, that'll be very helpful - it's brilliant to have specific plants to look for when you're as indecisive in garden centres as I am! Alpine strawberries sound lovely and hostas sound great - especially if they divert the slugs away...
    Thanks Frogesque, that'll be very helpful - it's brilliant to have specific plants to look for when you're as indecisive in garden centres as I am! Alpine strawberries sound lovely and hostas...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. netty

Impatiens in the pond

I threw some water cress in bucket of pond water and kept it in the greenhouse for a week. Other pieces I put directly into the pond also rooted but the roots didn't develop quite as quick. It's...
    I threw some water cress in bucket of pond water and kept it in the greenhouse for a week. Other pieces I put directly into the pond also rooted but the roots didn't develop quite as quick. It's hardy stuff so as long as your pond isn't going to freeze solid I reckon you can just chuck it in at...
    I threw some water cress in bucket of pond water and kept it in the greenhouse for a week. Other pieces I put directly into the pond also rooted but the roots didn't develop quite as quick. It's hardy stuff so as long as your pond isn't going to...
    I threw some water cress in bucket of pond water and kept it in the greenhouse for a week. Other pieces I put directly into the pond also rooted but the roots didn't develop quite as quick. It's...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. roders

Good Pond Plant.

I agree, that is really lovely. Specially at this time of year when there's not too many flowers about. I'm just planting up my pond, must get one of those! They seem to be recommended in most...
    I agree, that is really lovely. Specially at this time of year when there's not too many flowers about. I'm just planting up my pond, must get one of those! They seem to be recommended in most of the books and articles i've read too. How big a container does it need to go in? I guess a...
    I agree, that is really lovely. Specially at this time of year when there's not too many flowers about. I'm just planting up my pond, must get one of those! They seem to be recommended in most of the books and articles i've read too. How big a...
    I agree, that is really lovely. Specially at this time of year when there's not too many flowers about. I'm just planting up my pond, must get one of those! They seem to be recommended in most...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Hedgetrimmer

Algae control

Excess nutrient could be from animal or bird poo getting into the pond. Try to strip the nutrient out with watercress or even just let duckweed take over for a bit and keep fishing it out....
    Excess nutrient could be from animal or bird poo getting into the pond. Try to strip the nutrient out with watercress or even just let duckweed take over for a bit and keep fishing it out. Eventually you should get the pond back in ballance. Water change is a last resort as you will be starting...
    Excess nutrient could be from animal or bird poo getting into the pond. Try to strip the nutrient out with watercress or even just let duckweed take over for a bit and keep fishing it out. Eventually you should get the pond back in ballance....
    Excess nutrient could be from animal or bird poo getting into the pond. Try to strip the nutrient out with watercress or even just let duckweed take over for a bit and keep fishing it out....
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Jonathan 2845

Pond Pump Problems

Its not common, but in a power cut / power restored it has been known for pump impellers to either:Not spinStruggle to turnTurn backwardsI have actually seen it happen with expensive and...
    Its not common, but in a power cut / power restored it has been known for pump impellers to either:Not spinStruggle to turnTurn backwardsI have actually seen it happen with expensive and inexpensive pumps.The idea of not running a pump in winter is that if it is to supply a biological...
    Its not common, but in a power cut / power restored it has been known for pump impellers to either:Not spinStruggle to turnTurn backwardsI have actually seen it happen with expensive and inexpensive pumps.The idea of not running a pump...
    Its not common, but in a power cut / power restored it has been known for pump impellers to either:Not spinStruggle to turnTurn backwardsI have actually seen it happen with expensive and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. richardd2007

plants that respond highly to water

Hi Richard and welcome. One suggestion is a buzzie lizzie (Impatiens). They hate it dry and need a lot of water. In fact when you cut through them, they don't have much inside except water. Also...
    Hi Richard and welcome. One suggestion is a buzzie lizzie (Impatiens). They hate it dry and need a lot of water. In fact when you cut through them, they don't have much inside except water. Also they are one of the best known pot plants. However it is mainly their leaves that droop, rather...
    Hi Richard and welcome. One suggestion is a buzzie lizzie (Impatiens). They hate it dry and need a lot of water. In fact when you cut through them, they don't have much inside except water. Also they are one of the best known pot plants....
    Hi Richard and welcome. One suggestion is a buzzie lizzie (Impatiens). They hate it dry and need a lot of water. In fact when you cut through them, they don't have much inside except water. Also...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. frogesque

Ponds and new concrete/cement

I managed to get a complete liner and the pond was filled today. Despite being a bid of a mud wallow getting the hole sand faced then installing two layers of Geotex membrane underlay it went in...
    I managed to get a complete liner and the pond was filled today. Despite being a bid of a mud wallow getting the hole sand faced then installing two layers of Geotex membrane underlay it went in OK then finally the liner was added.Just in time as there there were a couple of amourous frogs...
    I managed to get a complete liner and the pond was filled today. Despite being a bid of a mud wallow getting the hole sand faced then installing two layers of Geotex membrane underlay it went in OK then finally the liner was added.Just in time...
    I managed to get a complete liner and the pond was filled today. Despite being a bid of a mud wallow getting the hole sand faced then installing two layers of Geotex membrane underlay it went in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. weyms

Pond filter.

Thanks Wiseoldowl thats been most helpful. I will let you know how I get on.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. timecharger

A pond for fish....for me to eat!

thanks Hex....I'll look into thatall the best, Alexei
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. geoffhandley

Somebody has been in MY pond

I am so glad that the pond is Mr sponges department I just had to design it dig it out and plant round and in it but once the fish were in it I wasn't allowed to touch it anymore. I have managed...
    I am so glad that the pond is Mr sponges department I just had to design it dig it out and plant round and in it but once the fish were in it I wasn't allowed to touch it anymore. I have managed to drop my mobile phone in there though lucky only in the shallow end but up to my armpit it fell...
    I am so glad that the pond is Mr sponges department I just had to design it dig it out and plant round and in it but once the fish were in it I wasn't allowed to touch it anymore. I have managed to drop my mobile phone in there though lucky only...
    I am so glad that the pond is Mr sponges department I just had to design it dig it out and plant round and in it but once the fish were in it I wasn't allowed to touch it anymore. I have managed...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. watergarden

why buy a water feature?

Not a lot you can say to that, Dave :rolleyes: :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. medium1

waterall feature

Although this was posted almost a year ago (sorry I have just joined) I add this in the fact it may help some one.A dedicated outdoor fountain will always become green / dirty because of...
    Although this was posted almost a year ago (sorry I have just joined) I add this in the fact it may help some one.A dedicated outdoor fountain will always become green / dirty because of photosynthesis, The sunlight will turn the water green.Commercial fountains when designed properly never...
    Although this was posted almost a year ago (sorry I have just joined) I add this in the fact it may help some one.A dedicated outdoor fountain will always become green / dirty because of photosynthesis, The sunlight will turn the water...
    Although this was posted almost a year ago (sorry I have just joined) I add this in the fact it may help some one.A dedicated outdoor fountain will always become green / dirty because of...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice