Water Gardening

Discussion For All Water Related Features & Projects

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. whis4ey

Ponding (poem)

The Pond I went out walkin yesterday Not a fish could see It was all cold and frosty As I bent down on my kneeTo peer into the murky gloom And softly call their name But no one answered, cos...
    The Pond I went out walkin yesterday Not a fish could see It was all cold and frosty As I bent down on my kneeTo peer into the murky gloom And softly call their name But no one answered, cos you see They played the heron�s gameSo next year I feel I have to change Solution for to...
    The Pond I went out walkin yesterday Not a fish could see It was all cold and frosty As I bent down on my kneeTo peer into the murky gloom And softly call their name But no one answered, cos you see They played the heron�s gameSo...
    The Pond I went out walkin yesterday Not a fish could see It was all cold and frosty As I bent down on my kneeTo peer into the murky gloom And softly call their name But no one answered, cos...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. linlin

Pond or not?

So are you putting this on some kind of wall?The patio is on two levels and the upper level is due to be dug out to provide more space on the lower level. In a corner of the lower level is where...
    So are you putting this on some kind of wall?The patio is on two levels and the upper level is due to be dug out to provide more space on the lower level. In a corner of the lower level is where I intend to put a new pond and it's in the right-angle of this I'd like to put some form of...
    So are you putting this on some kind of wall?The patio is on two levels and the upper level is due to be dug out to provide more space on the lower level. In a corner of the lower level is where I intend to put a new pond and it's in the...
    So are you putting this on some kind of wall?The patio is on two levels and the upper level is due to be dug out to provide more space on the lower level. In a corner of the lower level is where...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. escape

CORRESPONDENCE COURSES

does it have to bea correspondence course? There are good colleges around. (They're cheaper too) Here are places to try .. ...
    does it have to bea correspondence course? There are good colleges around. (They're cheaper too) Here are places to try .. http://www.rhs.org.uk/Learning/education/documents/level2college.pdfIf you're at the north of London, I know Capel Manor, near Enfield, is ery good.
    does it have to bea correspondence course? There are good colleges around. (They're cheaper too) Here are places to try .. http://www.rhs.org.uk/Learning/education/documents/level2college.pdfIf you're at the north of London, I know Capel...
    does it have to bea correspondence course? There are good colleges around. (They're cheaper too) Here are places to try .. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. jay

Pond update

Thanks Marge, I'll take some when Ive planted it up a bit moreWater's cleared now too..
    Thanks Marge, I'll take some when Ive planted it up a bit moreWater's cleared now too..
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Robert

Pond Design & Filtration

The main benifits of the bottom drain are ease of maintainence and that the filter is gravity fed and you pump back to the pond. Fitting a bottom drain is slightly more expense but you save on the...
    The main benifits of the bottom drain are ease of maintainence and that the filter is gravity fed and you pump back to the pond. Fitting a bottom drain is slightly more expense but you save on the price of pump. The flow rate for your pump is with no restrictions (no tubing attached)and zero...
    The main benifits of the bottom drain are ease of maintainence and that the filter is gravity fed and you pump back to the pond. Fitting a bottom drain is slightly more expense but you save on the price of pump. The flow rate for your pump is...
    The main benifits of the bottom drain are ease of maintainence and that the filter is gravity fed and you pump back to the pond. Fitting a bottom drain is slightly more expense but you save on the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. jay

Aquatic soil

won't do any harm. I went for the totally natural look and threw in 2 large bags of aquatic compost and a bag of fine gravel.Based on most ponds / streams whatever have some sort of silt bottom....
    won't do any harm. I went for the totally natural look and threw in 2 large bags of aquatic compost and a bag of fine gravel.Based on most ponds / streams whatever have some sort of silt bottom. The oxygenators loved it and it provides shelter for some of the smaller bottom dwelling creatures...
    won't do any harm. I went for the totally natural look and threw in 2 large bags of aquatic compost and a bag of fine gravel.Based on most ponds / streams whatever have some sort of silt bottom. The oxygenators loved it and it provides shelter...
    won't do any harm. I went for the totally natural look and threw in 2 large bags of aquatic compost and a bag of fine gravel.Based on most ponds / streams whatever have some sort of silt bottom....
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Garden Apprentice

Sorting out pond plants

No reason why you can't do it now I am constantly thinning out mine without any detriment I usually leave it a day piled up at the side so any wildlife can crawl back in plants like elodea will...
    No reason why you can't do it now I am constantly thinning out mine without any detriment I usually leave it a day piled up at the side so any wildlife can crawl back in plants like elodea will grow across the bottom you will have a job to contain it in a pot just weight it down tie it to a...
    No reason why you can't do it now I am constantly thinning out mine without any detriment I usually leave it a day piled up at the side so any wildlife can crawl back in plants like elodea will grow across the bottom you will have a job to...
    No reason why you can't do it now I am constantly thinning out mine without any detriment I usually leave it a day piled up at the side so any wildlife can crawl back in plants like elodea will...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Royster
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. jay

non-pond pond plants

Well I'm actually going out for a change, off to Bolton to thoroughly enjoy myself then stay in a posh hotel I found cheap online, lol! And I deserve it!! :D
    Well I'm actually going out for a change, off to Bolton to thoroughly enjoy myself then stay in a posh hotel I found cheap online, lol! And I deserve it!! :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Garden Apprentice

How to find a Pond leak

might just have to drain,however if you think the birds done it it must be near the top,?
    might just have to drain,however if you think the birds done it it must be near the top,?
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Whiley

Overgrown pond - how to convert it to a happy pond?

We collect rainwater to water the garden with from the roof on the other side of the house. The rain collects in a huge underground cistern from where hubby pumps it up via some sort of suction...
    We collect rainwater to water the garden with from the roof on the other side of the house. The rain collects in a huge underground cistern from where hubby pumps it up via some sort of suction pump (can't think of the name at the mo)and into another one of these big black builders tubs. From...
    We collect rainwater to water the garden with from the roof on the other side of the house. The rain collects in a huge underground cistern from where hubby pumps it up via some sort of suction pump (can't think of the name at the mo)and into...
    We collect rainwater to water the garden with from the roof on the other side of the house. The rain collects in a huge underground cistern from where hubby pumps it up via some sort of suction...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. pom pom

water feature

Hi and welcome Pompom I made one from a large terracota pot which I painted with yacht varnish inside and out - hubby cleverly drilled a hole near the top for the cable. Put a couple of plants...
    Hi and welcome Pompom I made one from a large terracota pot which I painted with yacht varnish inside and out - hubby cleverly drilled a hole near the top for the cable. Put a couple of plants in, a spitting fish a few slates rounde the edge and hay presto!!! Oh, I forgot to mention...
    Hi and welcome Pompom I made one from a large terracota pot which I painted with yacht varnish inside and out - hubby cleverly drilled a hole near the top for the cable. Put a couple of plants in, a spitting fish a few slates rounde the...
    Hi and welcome Pompom I made one from a large terracota pot which I painted with yacht varnish inside and out - hubby cleverly drilled a hole near the top for the cable. Put a couple of plants...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Celia

Ponds

Totally disagree! Solar power is getting better and cheaper all the time, and 12v is 12v wherever it comes from. We should all be installing solar panels to supplement mains electricity! :cool:
    Totally disagree! Solar power is getting better and cheaper all the time, and 12v is 12v wherever it comes from. We should all be installing solar panels to supplement mains electricity! :cool:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. jay

Started my pond today...

thanks r
    thanks r
    thanks r
    thanks r
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Ghollum

Pond Vac

I bought one of those diddy pond vacs that run off the tap. Only prob - my pond is 'diddy' too so there's hardly enough room to move it around! Does suck up a little bit of stuff but never...
    I bought one of those diddy pond vacs that run off the tap. Only prob - my pond is 'diddy' too so there's hardly enough room to move it around! Does suck up a little bit of stuff but never bothered last year or this and the pond seems fine without the intervention. I haven't got any fish.
    I bought one of those diddy pond vacs that run off the tap. Only prob - my pond is 'diddy' too so there's hardly enough room to move it around! Does suck up a little bit of stuff but never bothered last year or this and the pond seems fine...
    I bought one of those diddy pond vacs that run off the tap. Only prob - my pond is 'diddy' too so there's hardly enough room to move it around! Does suck up a little bit of stuff but never...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. cobbybrook

Pond skaters

Thanks - that solves that little puzzle, then! ;)I think what really baffled me was the fact that they only appeared with the construction of the bigger pond - I wonder if they like a...
    Thanks - that solves that little puzzle, then! ;)I think what really baffled me was the fact that they only appeared with the construction of the bigger pond - I wonder if they like a particular amount of 'open' water? The same was true for the damselflies... :rolleyes:
    Thanks - that solves that little puzzle, then! ;)I think what really baffled me was the fact that they only appeared with the construction of the bigger pond - I wonder if they like a particular amount of 'open' water? The same was true for...
    Thanks - that solves that little puzzle, then! ;)I think what really baffled me was the fact that they only appeared with the construction of the bigger pond - I wonder if they like a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. chkm8

update on the wildlife pond

:D :D Awwww Brilliant Rich...... :D :D :D :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. cobbybrook

New pond

Hi Honey BeeThis latest pond is pond number 4 in our garden! The first two were very small and eventually left to become small bog/swamp areas and I built a little bridge to cross over this...
    Hi Honey BeeThis latest pond is pond number 4 in our garden! The first two were very small and eventually left to become small bog/swamp areas and I built a little bridge to cross over this area. Pond number 3 was bigger, but I rapidly realised that it wasn't big enough! This pond still exists...
    Hi Honey BeeThis latest pond is pond number 4 in our garden! The first two were very small and eventually left to become small bog/swamp areas and I built a little bridge to cross over this area. Pond number 3 was bigger, but I rapidly realised...
    Hi Honey BeeThis latest pond is pond number 4 in our garden! The first two were very small and eventually left to become small bog/swamp areas and I built a little bridge to cross over this...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. beemeruser

re-lining pond

Some good thoughts-thanks very much.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Paul72

Pond from scratch, advice please

Ah yes the blanket weed Rich....I wish I had a pound for every hour Ive sat beside the pond twirling a bamboo cane in it and dragging it out!!! Cant actually think of a nicer way to spend a warm...
    Ah yes the blanket weed Rich....I wish I had a pound for every hour Ive sat beside the pond twirling a bamboo cane in it and dragging it out!!! Cant actually think of a nicer way to spend a warm evening than messing about by the water :D K8..buy yourself a childs fishing net (about a pound...
    Ah yes the blanket weed Rich....I wish I had a pound for every hour Ive sat beside the pond twirling a bamboo cane in it and dragging it out!!! Cant actually think of a nicer way to spend a warm evening than messing about by the water :D ...
    Ah yes the blanket weed Rich....I wish I had a pound for every hour Ive sat beside the pond twirling a bamboo cane in it and dragging it out!!! Cant actually think of a nicer way to spend a warm...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice