1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Water Gardening

Discussion For All Water Related Features & Projects

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Gizmo
    Like x 6

baby fish in our first pond

baby fish
    baby fish
    baby fish
    baby fish
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Sogni verdi

Pond advice

Thank you @WeeTam that is very helpful and confirmed to me what i had been thinking. Much appreciated.
    Thank you @WeeTam that is very helpful and confirmed to me what i had been thinking. Much appreciated.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. clanless
    Like x 8

Feeding tadpoles - money saving tip

hmmm.... no signs of any frogs or toads in our pond this year ??We do see, via the cameras, loads of cats and a fox going into surrounding gardens....
    hmmm.... no signs of any frogs or toads in our pond this year ??We do see, via the cameras, loads of cats and a fox going into surrounding gardens....
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Brian20

Soaker hose

Thank you NigelJ That is a great help I will be looking online again there is a lot out there! :-)
    Thank you NigelJ That is a great help I will be looking online again there is a lot out there! :-)
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Fizzing Ada
    Like x 9

My pond

Loving the pond @Fizzing Ada. Just hope my smaller scale one will look somewhere nearly as nice as that when i get it built.
    Loving the pond @Fizzing Ada. Just hope my smaller scale one will look somewhere nearly as nice as that when i get it built.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Steveqae

Fish too large for pond

Do you have a local Koi Carp Club ,if so someone is sure to take them off your hands. My Dad was a member of this one.Welcome - South Hants Koi Club
    Do you have a local Koi Carp Club ,if so someone is sure to take them off your hands. My Dad was a member of this one.Welcome - South Hants Koi Club
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. nikirushka

Budget raised pond

Concrete floor so it'll be strong enough.It's for large tropical barbs. It doesn't have to be 1m deep, I could go a little shallower. Say 70cm minimum. The footprint is the more important thing...
    Concrete floor so it'll be strong enough.It's for large tropical barbs. It doesn't have to be 1m deep, I could go a little shallower. Say 70cm minimum. The footprint is the more important thing for them.
    Concrete floor so it'll be strong enough.It's for large tropical barbs. It doesn't have to be 1m deep, I could go a little shallower. Say 70cm minimum. The footprint is the more important thing for them.
    Concrete floor so it'll be strong enough.It's for large tropical barbs. It doesn't have to be 1m deep, I could go a little shallower. Say 70cm minimum. The footprint is the more important thing...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Logan
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Gizmo

Lost fish

Every day atm, around lunch time of course :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. hailbopp

Duck weed.

Thanks Noisette. I think my pals are planning to restock but perhaps with less expensive fish just in case they attract unwanted visitors. They do not want to repeat being a carry out again,...
    Thanks Noisette. I think my pals are planning to restock but perhaps with less expensive fish just in case they attract unwanted visitors. They do not want to repeat being a carry out again, literally:). I will pass on the info as I think they mentioned getting gold fish rather than Koi. Can you...
    Thanks Noisette. I think my pals are planning to restock but perhaps with less expensive fish just in case they attract unwanted visitors. They do not want to repeat being a carry out again, literally:). I will pass on the info as I think they...
    Thanks Noisette. I think my pals are planning to restock but perhaps with less expensive fish just in case they attract unwanted visitors. They do not want to repeat being a carry out again,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Gizmo

Pond plants disease

Many thanks for your help and advice.. Would these bugs be coming from other plants in our garden.. I will have a read up on water side nursery thanks
    Many thanks for your help and advice.. Would these bugs be coming from other plants in our garden.. I will have a read up on water side nursery thanks
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Gizmo

Pond plant disease

Hi can anyone give advice about our plants as they seem to have spots on them thanks
    Hi can anyone give advice about our plants as they seem to have spots on them thanks
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Gizmo

Pond water test

Hi look on my post about pond weed and on post I think number 4 is says about blog.. But no worries I looked on pond expert for advice about blanket weed and bought the items shown in last post.....
    Hi look on my post about pond weed and on post I think number 4 is says about blog.. But no worries I looked on pond expert for advice about blanket weed and bought the items shown in last post.. I think it is keeping weed at bay but not getting rid of it all I have tried all of the products...
    Hi look on my post about pond weed and on post I think number 4 is says about blog.. But no worries I looked on pond expert for advice about blanket weed and bought the items shown in last post.. I think it is keeping weed at bay but not getting...
    Hi look on my post about pond weed and on post I think number 4 is says about blog.. But no worries I looked on pond expert for advice about blanket weed and bought the items shown in last post.....
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Gizmo

Pond. Weed

I'm not well up on filters these days, mine is just a box full of various filter mediums all just working on gravity.I have had my filter box over flow so I just fitted an over flow pipe to the...
    I'm not well up on filters these days, mine is just a box full of various filter mediums all just working on gravity.I have had my filter box over flow so I just fitted an over flow pipe to the top of the box and ran that back into the pond, I now know the filter needs cleaning when the...
    I'm not well up on filters these days, mine is just a box full of various filter mediums all just working on gravity.I have had my filter box over flow so I just fitted an over flow pipe to the top of the box and ran that back into the pond, I...
    I'm not well up on filters these days, mine is just a box full of various filter mediums all just working on gravity.I have had my filter box over flow so I just fitted an over flow pipe to the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Oliver Stone

What's the best green water solution?

Yeah the Monkeys used to have a song about that.;):biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Pete8

W/l pond full of hornwort and snails - when is it safe to remove some?

What's a W/I pond ?
    What's a W/I pond ?
    What's a W/I pond ?
    What's a W/I pond ?
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Gizmo

Pond filtration

Looks a good flow there :)Just make that outlet hose run on a more even downwards path, it looks rather horizontal , almost a bit upwards as it come out of the box, just helps reduce any back...
    Looks a good flow there :)Just make that outlet hose run on a more even downwards path, it looks rather horizontal , almost a bit upwards as it come out of the box, just helps reduce any back pressure, might reduce the drip.
    Looks a good flow there :)Just make that outlet hose run on a more even downwards path, it looks rather horizontal , almost a bit upwards as it come out of the box, just helps reduce any back pressure, might reduce the drip.
    Looks a good flow there :)Just make that outlet hose run on a more even downwards path, it looks rather horizontal , almost a bit upwards as it come out of the box, just helps reduce any back...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Voobwm

Is this pond big enough for about 20 goldfish and some frogs?

Mine is only 20inches deep at the deepest point and the fish have overwintered without much trouble for the last30odd years.
    Mine is only 20inches deep at the deepest point and the fish have overwintered without much trouble for the last30odd years.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. James from UK

Wildlife Pond Help

Yeh, garden hose clears it 90%. Beasties crawl out when its dumped at the side then into the compost bin,sorted.
    Yeh, garden hose clears it 90%. Beasties crawl out when its dumped at the side then into the compost bin,sorted.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Ntate Ngaka

Water feature ambitious plan

When I did something similar many years ago I used broken up paving to give me a basic base and you can see how it's going to look and move it about, when you're done you can cement pieces to give...
    When I did something similar many years ago I used broken up paving to give me a basic base and you can see how it's going to look and move it about, when you're done you can cement pieces to give you a raised edge and cover the liner if that's what you're going to use, when it was done and...
    When I did something similar many years ago I used broken up paving to give me a basic base and you can see how it's going to look and move it about, when you're done you can cement pieces to give you a raised edge and cover the liner if that's...
    When I did something similar many years ago I used broken up paving to give me a basic base and you can see how it's going to look and move it about, when you're done you can cement pieces to give...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice