1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Water Gardening

Discussion For All Water Related Features & Projects

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. J.Conrad

Simple stand to hold a hose end.

I use one of those pound shop metal stakes that have a bend for a hanging lantern. About a metre tall. Can wedge spray end in the hook for the lantern.
    I use one of those pound shop metal stakes that have a bend for a hanging lantern. About a metre tall. Can wedge spray end in the hook for the lantern.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. ZeroZero

UFOs in my pond identify

mosquito larvae wriggle a bit.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Royboy

Timed water service

Glad to hear it @Royboy :) I've had a lifetime of not being able to afford repairmen for lots of things. I used to repair my own clothes washer and dryer and although I don't think I'd do that now,...
    Glad to hear it @Royboy :) I've had a lifetime of not being able to afford repairmen for lots of things. I used to repair my own clothes washer and dryer and although I don't think I'd do that now, what with being a bit older, I did fix the water pump in my dishwasher a couple of weeks ago and...
    Glad to hear it @Royboy :) I've had a lifetime of not being able to afford repairmen for lots of things. I used to repair my own clothes washer and dryer and although I don't think I'd do that now, what with being a bit older, I did fix the water...
    Glad to hear it @Royboy :) I've had a lifetime of not being able to afford repairmen for lots of things. I used to repair my own clothes washer and dryer and although I don't think I'd do that now,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Ruth82

Pond emergency

This is an excellent tip I didn't think about will definitely be doing in the future thank you
    This is an excellent tip I didn't think about will definitely be doing in the future thank you
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. mazambo
    Like x 6

Missing The Sound Of Moving Water

Think the blagdon would fit the bill then.
    20190714_142701.jpg 20190718_191727.jpg 20200417_155250.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Lee Savage

Small wildlife pond advice

Thanks everyone. Going to get some shade loving plants in there around a seat for the shade I think.
    Thanks everyone. Going to get some shade loving plants in there around a seat for the shade I think.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Sian in Belgium
    Like x 5

“Baby, it’s cold outside!”

A young frog just wanting a little warmth!I had a little surprise when I went to let the dog out for her last loo-break before bed last night.... a frog was trying to get inside!!We wandered...
    A young frog just wanting a little warmth!I had a little surprise when I went to let the dog out for her last loo-break before bed last night.... a frog was trying to get inside!!We wandered up to the pond, torch in hand, during the loo-break. Lots of disturbance, and disappearing limbs into...
    A young frog just wanting a little warmth!I had a little surprise when I went to let the dog out for her last loo-break before bed last night.... a frog was trying to get inside!!We wandered up to the pond, torch in hand, during the...
    A young frog just wanting a little warmth!I had a little surprise when I went to let the dog out for her last loo-break before bed last night.... a frog was trying to get inside!!We wandered...
    74065295-7FC3-4450-9E90-DB4289DFE821.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Daveo56

Converting a pond for wildlife..

Thank you again. That'll give me plenty to think about.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Paul Raybould

Belfast Sink water feature

That’s a very good point actually I think you are right if it was on all the time you wouldn’t notice it as much
    That’s a very good point actually I think you are right if it was on all the time you wouldn’t notice it as much
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. luciusmaximus

Pond Advice

Not the best of pics, sorry, but you can see the brown spots. Water level has dropped, I need to top it up as predicted rain has not arrived :dunno:.
    Not the best of pics, sorry, but you can see the brown spots. Water level has dropped, I need to top it up as predicted rain has not arrived :dunno:.
    IMG_20190630_1701301_rewind.jpg IMG_20190717_1246355_rewind.jpg IMG_20190717_1246481_rewind.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. DMM

Small Solar Pump Recommendations?

Dirty birdies!
    Dirty birdies!
    Dirty birdies!
    Dirty birdies!
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. martin-f

Small pond project

I’ve never had a pond, but I used to keep marine fish.The one thing I always had on my set ups, which at the time not many others had. Was a ozoniser. It made the water crystal clear. Almost...
    I’ve never had a pond, but I used to keep marine fish.The one thing I always had on my set ups, which at the time not many others had. Was a ozoniser. It made the water crystal clear. Almost like it wasn’t there.Does anyone use ozone on their pond?
    I’ve never had a pond, but I used to keep marine fish.The one thing I always had on my set ups, which at the time not many others had. Was a ozoniser. It made the water crystal clear. Almost like it wasn’t there.Does anyone use ozone on...
    I’ve never had a pond, but I used to keep marine fish.The one thing I always had on my set ups, which at the time not many others had. Was a ozoniser. It made the water crystal clear. Almost...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. K78

Solar powered water pump

I've always considered that half the pleasure of a waterfall is the sound of the water. Also the effect of light shining on it on a warm summer evening.I've never been a fan of solar powered...
    I've always considered that half the pleasure of a waterfall is the sound of the water. Also the effect of light shining on it on a warm summer evening.I've never been a fan of solar powered anything in the garden other than lights.Before we filled in our koi pool this was our waterfall. It...
    I've always considered that half the pleasure of a waterfall is the sound of the water. Also the effect of light shining on it on a warm summer evening.I've never been a fan of solar powered anything in the garden other than lights.Before we...
    I've always considered that half the pleasure of a waterfall is the sound of the water. Also the effect of light shining on it on a warm summer evening.I've never been a fan of solar powered...
    404D95BD-D05C-495A-9A43-C0CB0B09ECFF.jpeg P1060035.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Jurassic Gardener

Heron Proofing

World of Water sell net in three different gauges. So a mesh with holes around 1 cm in diameter is ideal. Believe me it works. Herons won't want to get their beaks trapped in it. "They'll have see...
    World of Water sell net in three different gauges. So a mesh with holes around 1 cm in diameter is ideal. Believe me it works. Herons won't want to get their beaks trapped in it. "They'll have see it before, as they get around." There'll be plenty of more accessible ponds for them.
    World of Water sell net in three different gauges. So a mesh with holes around 1 cm in diameter is ideal. Believe me it works. Herons won't want to get their beaks trapped in it. "They'll have see it before, as they get around." There'll be...
    World of Water sell net in three different gauges. So a mesh with holes around 1 cm in diameter is ideal. Believe me it works. Herons won't want to get their beaks trapped in it. "They'll have see...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Jurassic Gardener

Fountain too strong?

Fish prefer the surface of shallow water or some part of it to be still. If it's even a bit choppy all over, then they aren't able to see possible preditors.
    Fish prefer the surface of shallow water or some part of it to be still. If it's even a bit choppy all over, then they aren't able to see possible preditors.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Brian L

How long can Goldfish travel in a polythene bag ?

Thanks all. We will be calling in on the way home, this Thursday. Cool box and towel is a good idea, hadn't thought of that ! Cheers for all the tips. Brian.
    Thanks all. We will be calling in on the way home, this Thursday. Cool box and towel is a good idea, hadn't thought of that ! Cheers for all the tips. Brian.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Clare G

Best oxygenating plants for a small garden pond?

Thank you very much @Redwing; I have just ordered some hornwort and milfoil, plus some marestail as that looks so intriguing. And I'll do as you suggest and put all the Canadian pondweed in the...
    Thank you very much @Redwing; I have just ordered some hornwort and milfoil, plus some marestail as that looks so intriguing. And I'll do as you suggest and put all the Canadian pondweed in the compost bin!
    Thank you very much @Redwing; I have just ordered some hornwort and milfoil, plus some marestail as that looks so intriguing. And I'll do as you suggest and put all the Canadian pondweed in the compost bin!
    Thank you very much @Redwing; I have just ordered some hornwort and milfoil, plus some marestail as that looks so intriguing. And I'll do as you suggest and put all the Canadian pondweed in the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Spruce

Privet leaf are they poisonous

Tends to be evergreen here, only ever known privet drop its leaves once or twice here. I do know evergreens do drop leaves, but I'd be very surprised if you were getting enough to poison a pond.
    Tends to be evergreen here, only ever known privet drop its leaves once or twice here. I do know evergreens do drop leaves, but I'd be very surprised if you were getting enough to poison a pond.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. kindredspirit
    Like x 6

Goodbye lawn. Hello pond!

This thread needs to be closed due to database linking issues on the forum database, and the discussion carries on here - Goodbye Lawn, Hello Pond!.Apologies for the inconvenience.
    This thread needs to be closed due to database linking issues on the forum database, and the discussion carries on here - Goodbye Lawn, Hello Pond!.Apologies for the inconvenience.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Spruce

New water feature but need ......A reliable flowering dwarf waterlily

Hi All, I have a new water feature trough, I have a waterlily but its far too large variety and was thinking any one could suggest a reliable dwarf water lily ?Spruce
    Hi All, I have a new water feature trough, I have a waterlily but its far too large variety and was thinking any one could suggest a reliable dwarf water lily ?Spruce
    DSCF1091.JPG DSCF1109.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice