1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Water Gardening

Discussion For All Water Related Features & Projects

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Redwing

Best Wildlife Pond Plants

Thanks, @martin-f .
    Thanks, @martin-f .
    Thanks, @martin-f .
    Thanks, @martin-f .
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. luciusmaximus

How to plant Bog Bean

:ThankYou:. Instructions didn't say to do this
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Lee Savage

Good pond plants for a tiny pond

Thanks M some brilliant info on there.Not daunting at all really helpful and just the sort of stuff I needed to know.
    Thanks M some brilliant info on there.Not daunting at all really helpful and just the sort of stuff I needed to know.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Giulio Veronese

Hardy plants with an exotic look

Carex Pendula. Carex Evergold. Flag Iris. Bog Bean. Bulrush. Typhia Latifolia. Skunk Cabbage. (If you can get it now.) Banned for sale. Flowering Rush. Lobelia Queen Victoria. Marsh...
    Carex Pendula. Carex Evergold. Flag Iris. Bog Bean. Bulrush. Typhia Latifolia. Skunk Cabbage. (If you can get it now.) Banned for sale. Flowering Rush. Lobelia Queen Victoria. Marsh Marigold. Canary Reed Grass. (Stunning.) Cortaderia Richardii. Loddon Lily. Primula Candelabra. Osmunda fern. Arum...
    Carex Pendula. Carex Evergold. Flag Iris. Bog Bean. Bulrush. Typhia Latifolia. Skunk Cabbage. (If you can get it now.) Banned for sale. Flowering Rush. Lobelia Queen Victoria. Marsh Marigold. Canary Reed Grass. (Stunning.) Cortaderia...
    Carex Pendula. Carex Evergold. Flag Iris. Bog Bean. Bulrush. Typhia Latifolia. Skunk Cabbage. (If you can get it now.) Banned for sale. Flowering Rush. Lobelia Queen Victoria. Marsh...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. luciusmaximus

Iris advice please

Winner of GC's descriptive phrase of the week ....(Reminds me of the previous mrs zigs :heehee:)
    Winner of GC's descriptive phrase of the week ....(Reminds me of the previous mrs zigs :heehee:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Outlander

Anyone found a good surface cover plant?

Thank you. That looks quite nice actually.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. luciusmaximus
    Like x 3

Preformed versus liner pond

I've actually got about 5 small basic carp in the pond, Freddy, who barely have any effect on the balance of the pond water. The Bog Garden and marginals take out and use the nutrients that is...
    I've actually got about 5 small basic carp in the pond, Freddy, who barely have any effect on the balance of the pond water. The Bog Garden and marginals take out and use the nutrients that is produced from the fishes excrement and the mats of floating weed protects the Frog Spawn from them. ...
    I've actually got about 5 small basic carp in the pond, Freddy, who barely have any effect on the balance of the pond water. The Bog Garden and marginals take out and use the nutrients that is produced from the fishes excrement and the mats of...
    I've actually got about 5 small basic carp in the pond, Freddy, who barely have any effect on the balance of the pond water. The Bog Garden and marginals take out and use the nutrients that is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. luciusmaximus

White Worm in Pond

You can't rush spring @luciusmaximus ...my hubby said tonight looking through the kitchen wind, if we get a good day soon i'll acid the slabs and jet blast them :yikes:...I said no you won't till the end...
    You can't rush spring @luciusmaximus ...my hubby said tonight looking through the kitchen wind, if we get a good day soon i'll acid the slabs and jet blast them :yikes:...I said no you won't till the end of april/may ...never heard nothing like it :whistle:He doesn't know yet but his will be on the roof...
    You can't rush spring @luciusmaximus ...my hubby said tonight looking through the kitchen wind, if we get a good day soon i'll acid the slabs and jet blast them :yikes:...I said no you won't till the end of april/may ...never heard nothing like it :whistle:He...
    You can't rush spring @luciusmaximus ...my hubby said tonight looking through the kitchen wind, if we get a good day soon i'll acid the slabs and jet blast them :yikes:...I said no you won't till the end...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. luciusmaximus

Bog garden advice please

Thanks for the link Woo :). Bradshaws are very competitive with their prices :blue thumb:. My problem is I'm impatient :rolleyespink: :roflol: and having started it I just want to get it finished and move on to next job. Hence my...
    Thanks for the link Woo :). Bradshaws are very competitive with their prices :blue thumb:. My problem is I'm impatient :rolleyespink: :roflol: and having started it I just want to get it finished and move on to next job. Hence my question regarding the tarp, which I do have. I suppose a tarp is more likely to rip.
    Thanks for the link Woo :). Bradshaws are very competitive with their prices :blue thumb:. My problem is I'm impatient :rolleyespink: :roflol: and having started it I just want to get it finished and move on to next job. Hence my question regarding the tarp, which I do have. I...
    Thanks for the link Woo :). Bradshaws are very competitive with their prices :blue thumb:. My problem is I'm impatient :rolleyespink: :roflol: and having started it I just want to get it finished and move on to next job. Hence my...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. wiseowl
    Like x 8

Woos new pond

I only have a small pond, luckily the pump lead is long enough to reach the power supply with out a joint,I use this type of breaker but uk modelThey do a plugin type, if mine ever packs up...
    I only have a small pond, luckily the pump lead is long enough to reach the power supply with out a joint,I use this type of breaker but uk modelThey do a plugin type, if mine ever packs up i will replace it with this type.
    I only have a small pond, luckily the pump lead is long enough to reach the power supply with out a joint,I use this type of breaker but uk modelThey do a plugin type, if mine ever packs up i will replace it with this type.
    I only have a small pond, luckily the pump lead is long enough to reach the power supply with out a joint,I use this type of breaker but uk modelThey do a plugin type, if mine ever packs up...
    P1290748.JPG P1290749.JPG P1290755.JPG P1290756.JPG Capture.PNG P1290756.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Doghouse Riley
    Like x 12

The Three Ponds I've Built in Our Garden

Great!Roll on Summer eh?
    Great!Roll on Summer eh?
    Great!Roll on Summer eh?
    Great!Roll on Summer eh?
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. clanless

Baffled ?

:lunapic 130165696578242 5:The Sad thing is their so full of their own importance ...would they even notice ....but im sure you'd get them thinking Sir Shiney :heehee:
    :lunapic 130165696578242 5:The Sad thing is their so full of their own importance ...would they even notice ....but im sure you'd get them thinking Sir Shiney :heehee:
    Picture 069.jpg large.jpg ego.jpg geek-smiley-.png
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Howard Stone

Dyofix

I can confirm that this works well, the colour of the grey product is natural. It stops you seeing the bottom of the pond with its unsightly leaves and it reduces algae growth dramatically.
    I can confirm that this works well, the colour of the grey product is natural. It stops you seeing the bottom of the pond with its unsightly leaves and it reduces algae growth dramatically.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Redwing

Pond Liner

I won't be planting bamboo.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Elina

Drowned my water lilly plant in pond

Sorry for late reply, was sick :( , the plant is still submerged but a few leaves are floating on surface, so i hope its fine. :)
    Sorry for late reply, was sick :( , the plant is still submerged but a few leaves are floating on surface, so i hope its fine. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Marley Farley
    Like x 6

My Wildlife ponds Frogs.!

:lunapic 130165696578242 5::lunapic 130165696578242 5::lunapic 130165696578242 5::lunapic 130165696578242 5: Jeesh.! Nooo not that.! :lunapic 130165696578242 5::lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    :lunapic 130165696578242 5::lunapic 130165696578242 5::lunapic 130165696578242 5::lunapic 130165696578242 5: Jeesh.! Nooo not that.! :lunapic 130165696578242 5::lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Elina

Suggestions needed for my inherited pond

A few piccys so u can see the size of my koi pond-last pic is from the sales brochure (its a little different now!)
    A few piccys so u can see the size of my koi pond-last pic is from the sales brochure (its a little different now!)
    20170620_205501.jpg 2017-06-02-13-59-48-573.jpg 2017-06-02-14-00-12-009.jpg 20170621_193218.jpg 2017-06-02-13-56-48-117.jpg 20170612_151114.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. wiseowl
    Like x 4

Water Lily "Attraction"

You have a lovely pond and it clearly shows in the bountiful water lily flowers you are getting :thumbsup:
    You have a lovely pond and it clearly shows in the bountiful water lily flowers you are getting :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. 2nd_bassoon

How to lay a flexible liner

Yes it was intended as a compromise, not ideal but might do the job. My thoughts were buying a length of black PVC cladding, just as an example. Shiplap External Cladding 150mm Black Ash PVC,...
    Yes it was intended as a compromise, not ideal but might do the job. My thoughts were buying a length of black PVC cladding, just as an example. Shiplap External Cladding 150mm Black Ash PVC, PlasticBuildingSupplies.comThen screwing this to the top of the brickwork on the inside, trapping ...
    Yes it was intended as a compromise, not ideal but might do the job. My thoughts were buying a length of black PVC cladding, just as an example. Shiplap External Cladding 150mm Black Ash PVC, PlasticBuildingSupplies.comThen screwing this to...
    Yes it was intended as a compromise, not ideal but might do the job. My thoughts were buying a length of black PVC cladding, just as an example. Shiplap External Cladding 150mm Black Ash PVC,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Snorky85

Pond plants and shade ideas

You can always use baskets with no holes in, instead of the expensive aquatic baskets, and just put enough holes in, with a hot screwdriver, or a drill, to admit water.:dunno::snorky: That way the plant will...
    You can always use baskets with no holes in, instead of the expensive aquatic baskets, and just put enough holes in, with a hot screwdriver, or a drill, to admit water.:dunno::snorky: That way the plant will have enough access to the pond water, and take out the nutrients, without going out of control.:coffee:
    You can always use baskets with no holes in, instead of the expensive aquatic baskets, and just put enough holes in, with a hot screwdriver, or a drill, to admit water.:dunno::snorky: That way the plant will have enough access to the pond water, and take out...
    You can always use baskets with no holes in, instead of the expensive aquatic baskets, and just put enough holes in, with a hot screwdriver, or a drill, to admit water.:dunno::snorky: That way the plant will...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice