1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

A refugee from Gardener's World.....

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by LauraRoslin, Dec 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +118,497
    Too late! :lunapic 130165696578242 5:

Although I'm used to that sound when we're in the GCHQ common room and I'm talking. :noidea:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Redwing

Redwing Wild Gardener

Ratings:
      +2,830
      I really don’t know why you’ve highlighted my post @Mike Allen . I don’t think a few times reporting suspicious posts warrants the suggestion that my “index finger is poised over the report button “. All were reported for good reason and I did “let the mods decide “.

The racist comment I reported was not yours, BTW.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
        Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
      • pattie

pattie Gardener

retired
        Ratings:
        +704
        Oh dear. I fear my post further back may have contributed to worries and anxieties raised here. I'm truly sorry to everyone on GC if so.
        It's the shortest day tomorrow, then it's downhill all the way to Spring... when we can get on with some time in the garden again to raise a more productive sweat.:psnp:

To be even more positive, we received a rather nice Christmas card today which also contained a little packet of seeds in the shape of a tree to grow. It's a sweet idea, if I am successful at growing a few christmas trees out of it, I shall share them out, maybe at someone's Open Garden event? :smile:
        Now there's a scary thought for you, @shiney?

• Funny Funny x 1
        • ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
          +100,836

Not so, pattie, your post was fine, it's just that members do react in different ways.:dunno::nonofinger::snorky: I think the subject veered off subject every now and then but, understandably, members just wanted to get free of the aftermath of leaving their last forum. I think the subject is well and truly "cooked" now with every one having had their reminisces about their bad experiences and realising that they have left it all behind and can get on with enjoying being in the GC Gang.:thumbsup::snorky:

• Like Like x 3
          • Fat Controller

Fat Controller 'Cuddly' Scottish Admin! Staff Member

Public Transport
            At me 'puter, GCHQ Ashford Office, Middlesex
            Ratings:
            +49,618
            Agreed - anything that has happened in the past is exactly that - in the past. We do not do grudges here, and we take everyone as we find them, regardless of anything that may or may not have happened elsewhere.

We are delighted that @LauraRoslin has found us and along with many others has become one of the GC family - I think it is time that this was put to bed now, and we get on with enjoying each others company. With that in mind, I am going to close this thread, for now at least.

• Agree Agree x 3
            • Like Like x 2
            Thread Status:
            Not open for further replies.