1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Ask the next person a question...

Discussion in 'Games Arena' started by Mad Hatter, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Telmadee

Telmadee Gardener

Lab tech
    Ratings:
    +351
    Yes I love cooking, although only have 3 of us living at home now. At christmas i like to have all 3 children and their families over for dinner both my daughter in laws enjoy coming too so it is really nice.

What is your favourite animal other than domestic pet?

2. Islander77

Islander77 Keen Gardener

Various , allegedly retired
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    I love them all! I get riveted to articles and news items about them. Rapt. One reason I stopped eating red meat was that I love cows and they are in the next field. Oh and I raised a pet lamb.. twins actually. If it runs, flies, or swims... The exception is insects of which I tend to be terrified. When I was a child we had no pets which is probably why I have so many since. I once moved house with 12 cats and 3 kittens in a Mini. Via overnight sleeper train .

Do you feel the cold a lot?

• Like Like x 1
    • Telmadee

Telmadee Gardener

Lab tech
      Ratings:
      +351
      I do, most evenings I tend to be snuggled under my blanket, I am borderline anaemic, I donate blood and I'm always only just above the allowed Haemoglobin level.

Are you an introvert or extrovert?

• Islander77

Islander77 Keen Gardener

Various , allegedly retired
      Ratings:
      +1,218
      Hmmmm Not sure! I was a teacher and that means you have to be an extrovert in a different way...I love communicating but prefer being alone physically. Part of that is the M.E as being with folk is the most tiring thing there is as most do not believe we are ill. Love writing; hence the Irish Hermitage books and the weblog now. But physically solitude is my preferred state.
      I would rather folk think I was anti social than had M.E!

Have you always loved growing things?

• Telmadee

Telmadee Gardener

Lab tech
      Ratings:
      +351
      @Islander77 yes teachers do have to have a certain confidence. My heart goes out to you being ill, my mother in law is totally disabled now through mitochondria and osteoporosis and it breaks my heart that she cant do things like she used to.

I have but saying that I stopped for many years, from being little my father had an allotment and greenhouses so my parents used to take us down there all the time and the home grown veg taste was out of this world my favourite was the beetroot, we used to boil it and pickle it in old sweetie jars, and the taste was something else. I made my little toddler a little patch at the top of my garden ( which I made into a fairy garden for my mum since) but I wanted him to grow carrots, lettuce, potatoes, onions etc just the easy things. Then I used to grow flowers for pots and hanging baskets in my greenhouse, but then my father extended his greenhouse once he retired through ill health and he used to grow cucumbers, tomatoes, and flowers and even pot them Into the baskets so it was easier etc, but I've started again because i want my grandchildren (eldest is 3) to have the enjoyment of seeing things grow that they have planted themselves. I used to also breed budgies because i wanted my children to care for animals of all types (i had two snakes, 2 bearded dragons, Guinea pigs, rabbits 3 dogs and 2 parrots too, and I used to let the children help with feeding cleaning etc so they learn how to take care of things. (Sorry I've just waffled on)

Do you like gadgets?