Ask the next person a question...

Discussion in 'Games Arena' started by Mad Hatter, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Islander77

Islander77 Keen Gardener

Various , allegedly retired
    Ratings:
    +1,218

I was about to express shock horror when the memory in my teenage years ( waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back!) nudged me. Yes! I went to a Beatles concert in Liverpool, to accompany a Beatle crazy schoolfriend. My strongest memory is of sheer terror at the crowdcrush in the street... someone in high heels actually pierced my foot.. the actual concert was inaudible over the screams.. WHY do folk bother going!

Are you a night owl or an early bird?

• Like Like x 1
    • Telmadee

Telmadee Gardener

Lab tech
      Ratings:
      +351
      Hahah my mum went to see the Beatles too bless her, she said girls were fainting and it was very daunting.

I have always (even as a teenager) got up at 5am, sometimes earlier, I'm not the best sleeper, and my father used to say 'you die in bed, so dont be lazy get up and live your life' he refused to have 'lazy teenagers' so we were made to get up early, and it stuck, I get up do a workout, pre lockdown would make the lunch boxes up for husband and son, clean the downstairs of our house, and then go to work. My friends and family mock me for doing all this before work, but I am slightly OCD according to the doctor, and I like things to be clean and organised. Last week i was up baking at 04.50am, it was my grandsons second birthday, i know I cant see him to hug him etc so I drove over unannounced, on my way to food shopping so no unnecessary journey, dropped the cake and gift on their doorstep then ran to my car and text them to say what I had done. 20200507_084142.jpg 20200507_084125.jpg

Have you ever travelled abroad? My mum was 70 when she passed away last year and had never been abroad nor did they want to.

• Islander77

Islander77 Keen Gardener

Ratings:
      +1,218
      Oh how lovely! I have CFS/ME to a seriously disabling degree so energy is as gold dust and I perforce have to turn a blind eye to many things. it is like the power plug being pulled out of the wall. That awful noise when a record was depowered! being But I live alone and am totally isolated even before cocooning ( as we call it here!).

Oh yes; I was a keen traveller " before" and even since. Camping all around Europe, then Scandinavia and one stay in Strasbourg with friends. Then of course I moved abroad to Ireland, which is an intensely alien land! Visiting and living are 2 totally different things. Oh and then to a small offshore island which again is " abroad" in most unexpected ways!

Have you ever won a significant prize?

• Telmadee

Telmadee Gardener

Lab tech
      Ratings:
      +351
      Oh bless you, I do hope you have iplenty of good days (health and energy wise, to cope when you have the bad days x

I think the only thing that I have ever won was at the silver jubilee street party I won a beauty contest when I was 10 years old. So not that significant of a prize, but more of the only prize.

Do you drive?

• Islander77

Islander77 Keen Gardener

Ratings:
      +1,218
      Sore point that I am coming to terms with. My car died and it costs too much to replace. It can come over as an "island car" but so far no one has fulfilled the promises they made to do that and then just as we were organised, along came covid. My mobility is slighter so I am stuck. So my continental and Irish driving days are over. Feels strange but there we are.

Do you play any sport?

• Like Like x 1
      • Telmadee

Telmadee Gardener

Lab tech
        Ratings:
        +351
        Not as such, I do a lot of walking been serious walking (mountain) for a couple of years, prior to that we did mountain biking used to leave pir house around 5 30am and get home about 6PM....zonked but content, had to stop that because I have arthritis in my spine and also an old back injury many years ago, so was in a lot of pain with all the shaking around caused by the uneven ground. We took up road biking instead but that lasted a total of 6 weeks after my son and husband were both almost knocked off their bikes in the same day neither I may add was caused by them but both by young drivers.. one on his phone and the other straight around the roundabout in the wrong lane, it scared us all immensely so we sold up and took up walking instead.

Are you crafty....not as in sneaky but as in enjoy making things by hand like cards etc?

• Islander77

Islander77 Keen Gardener

Ratings:
        +1,218
        Anyone who has six cunning cats has to be crafty! Trust me on that! And yes, I am creatively crafty. I ran a market/craft fair stall for over a decade, selling my work for funding of overseas work . Knitting, . rosaries, beadwork, gourmet preserves, and I knit constantly, totally addicted and it keeps me sane and focussed. So I don't feel useless ! Never use patterns. not since the days or earning peanuts working for the Aran export industry!

Do you prefer urban or rural?

• Telmadee

Telmadee Gardener

Lab tech
        Ratings:
        +351
        Oh wow very nice :biggrin:

I would love to live out in the middle of nowhere, hubby and I once discussed moving to Italy live off the land so to speak.

Are you any good at photography?

• Islander77

Islander77 Keen Gardener

Ratings:
        +1,218
        I think so. In a non-professional loving way; see my cat staring at you! And the clouds etc I have posted.

DO you like writing actual letters? Rather than emails..

• Telmadee

Telmadee Gardener

Lab tech
        Ratings:
        +351
        I cant actually remember the last time I physically wrote a letter with pen and paper. I have written little notes to pop in my husband case when he has been away for car related trips, but I think that's about it. When my cousin who was also my best friend found out she was terminal, I bought her a card and wrote a fair bit in that too just telling her how much she meant to me and has always meant to me etc.

Do you go to church?

• Islander77

Islander77 Keen Gardener

Ratings:
        +1,218
        As I cannot be among/near people with no working immune system, no, as I cannot. My home and my heart are my Church.

Do you enjoy housework?

• Like Like x 1
        • john558

john558 Total Gardener

Retired
          Ratings:
          +8,380
          I don't go to Church but I am a believer.

Do you or have you ever listened to Radio Caroline (648AM or online)

• Like Like x 1
          • Telmadee

Telmadee Gardener

Lab tech
            Ratings:
            +351
            @Islander77 yes I absolutely love it I find it very therapeutic, I do my in laws for them too because they are elderly
            @john558 no I haven't I tend to listen either to my local radio station or absolute

Do you like watching nature programmes?

• Islander77

Islander77 Keen Gardener

Ratings:
            +1,218

• Islander77

Islander77 Keen Gardener

Ratings:
            +1,218
            No TV by choice and nature here is all around me anyways. Especially weather.

Do you enjoy cooking?