1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Member Requests' started by Waco, Oct 18, 2008.

1. Waco

Waco Gardener

Ratings:
    +3

2. Nursewhen

Nursewhen Gardener

Configuration management analyst
    Ratings:
    +45
    My nick wasn't my choice. My boyfriend's internet persona is Doctor When (play on Dr Who), and he and his friends started calling me Nursewhen, so I got stuck with it.
    I used to have a manga nurse character as my avatar, but too many people though I actually was a nurse, so I changed it to reflect my love of animals while still reflecting my nick.

[​IMG]

3. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,667
    Interesting, Waco. I'm actually a very neat and tidy artist and everything has its place and is in its place ...... :( Perhaps the framing has something to do with the art. :scratch:

4. lollipop

lollipop Gardener

Ratings:
    +24
    Finishing touches! Every single solitary artist has them.

5. terrier

terrier Gardener

Ratings:
    +12
    I didn't know what to use as a avatar, so I just used an old photo of myself :)

6. wiseowl

wiseowl FRIENDLY ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +89,784
    Hi Terrier I tell you what your looking well Love the Hair :lollol::rotfl::thmb:

7. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +118,310

So did I. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

8. JarBax

JarBax Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    I chose my favorite flower. This isn't the best shot I had, but the only one I could find! Phuopsis smells a bit foxy, is very hardy, a slow creeper and delicate when observed in close up...

9. Ivory

Ivory Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    I chose the red sunflower because it is such an iconic flower, beautiful also in solitude, out of context, in a white page, without a garden to surround it. Few flowers do. And it's colour is so unusual and surprising. And it is a pic of one of my own plats that also matters to me.

10. Waco

Waco Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    The thing is Terrier, its not just any old photo of you - the photo is a full frontal with a quisical look. You are a terrier - smart rather than glamerous and probably more interested in getting your teeth into something than being an accessorie to a shooting party.

Ivory - your sunflower is so so different from roders a bit like my rose and LoL's. yours is not a complete circle, its "Shy" - peeping out of a corner. It wants to be dramatic as the colour is so rich, but the sun has cast a shadow on it.

11. Pro Gard

Pro Gard Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
  12. spudbristol

spudbristol Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Mines the bristol coat of arms cos im bristolian an proud :)

13. Rhyleysgranny

Rhyleysgranny Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    I like gardening and tea although I do a lot more of the latter. My name I think is self explanatory and why I don't get as much gardening done now as I'd like:wink:

14. Waco

Waco Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Rhyleysgranny - your avatar is charming, the choise of cup, the colour of rose and even the strength of the tea all beautifully presented on a lace cloth. I hope your grandson does not play football in what I could imagine your lovely garden!

15. Rhyleysgranny

Rhyleysgranny Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    My Dear Waco, thank you for your charming comments. I am afraid Rhyley is a girl............yes I know it is a boy's name but what control over names do we have in this day and age. I do have grandson too. I am not sure my garden is what people would generally call lovely. It's a little on the wild side but it's roomy and leafy and there is plenty of room for little ones to play even if I have lost my beloved pond to a fence. The frogs don't seem to object however.:)