Bitcoin payment button

Discussion in 'Member Requests' started by FloraPie, Jan 28, 2017.

1. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +45,630
    So you can avoid going to any counters with matching Post Office employees. I always check when I'm drawing out my 5 shilling postal order, you can't be too careful in this day and age.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
      Ratings:
      +117,293
      I suppose you're one of the people that are always complaining about having to stand in line behind us pensioners. :old:

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
        +45,630
        ... depends if you're drawing out your weekly pension in coins and insisting on counting it twice :)

• Funny Funny x 2
        • Like Like x 1
        • shiney

Ratings:
          +117,293
          That's me! :dbgrtmb:

Bitcoins take even longer when at the counter. :)

• Funny Funny x 2
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • roders

roders Total Gardener

Ratings:
            +6,925
            WOW.....

Bitcoin has had a wild start to 2017 after rallying more than 120% in 2016 to become the top performing currency for a second straight year. It rallied more than 20% in the opening says of the year, crossing the $1,000 level for the first time since November 2013 before tumbling more than 35% amid worries that China was going to crack down on trading. Recently, the cryptocurrency has shrugged off the news that China's three largest bitcoin exchanges will begin charging a flat fee of 0.2% for each transaction.

• Like Like x 2
            • Informative Informative x 1
            • ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
              +100,834
              Not quite accurate, Flora:dunno::snorky: I've passed the matter on to our Webmaster to see what his thoughts are. The real issue is that the donation monies are used to pay for the costs of the Host Server and to maintain the IT and software of Gardeners Corner and it is doubtful if Bitcoin could be used for those purposes. So it's not the only "currency" that we are wary of as we don't accept the Zimbabwe Dollar
              upload_2017-2-1_20-37-15.jpeg

The Costa Rica Colon
              [​IMG]
              Paraguayan Guarani
              [​IMG]

Guinean Franc
              [​IMG]

Lao Kip
              [​IMG]

the Belarussian Ruble
              [​IMG]

and a few others. It doesn't stop Ziggy from trying to change them at the Bar though.:dunno::heehee:

• Agree Agree x 1
              • Funny Funny x 1
              • FloraPie

FloraPie Gardener

Ratings:
                +295
                Thanks, but perhaps it would be better left as is. If the majority don't want it..

The lack of understanding and education regarding the UK's economy and imminent implosion is just so very very sad. National currencies have been falling like flies and yet there most stand as if they will be exempt from it all. And not only do they do nothing, they ridicule the most secure and leading currency in the world today. Car manufacturers probably got the same stick from the horse and buggy people :heehee:

Honestly, to all who only have mainstream news to go on and their own personal fear.. save your words of disrespect towards BTC until later this year. Your dear little BOE has been fibbing for years now and without anything but the Sterling to live by, well, you'll not get any tissues from me. I give it eight or nine months before the reality of your fiat finally starts to set in. There's no ifs whats or buts about it, one cannot spend more than one collects, it's a matter of mathematics, but governments never seem to learn that.

I have two Bitcoin wallets... one is for @pete and one is for GC. Neither needs a computer to own them or even use them :snork: Lets see what's in those wallets in one years time eh? And then we'll see what the pound is worth.. err, I mean isn't worth:lunapic 130165696578242 5:

Okay I mean it this time :mute:

• Funny Funny x 4
                • clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
                  +19,594
                  It's devastating. I can't think of anything worse. Let's forget that half the world is either at war or threatening it, that literally millions of people, including mothers and their young children, have been forced to abandon everything and effectively run. We shouldn't worry that China, and nation with a terrible human rights record, is setting itself up to be the boss of the world. Who cares that kids in India routinely get beaten for not working fast enough in the factories that make our clothes. None of this matters. A not-for-profit UK based gardening forum doesn't support some obscure currency. I use amazon a lot. Amazon is massive, and still growing rapidly. I've never seen a bitcoins option on there. They're doomed too. The fact that as a business, they've grown continuously regardless of everything else that's happened since their inception in the 1990s, the collapse of the USSR, the establishment and widespread uptake of the euro, two major European wars, at least one international recession, all irrelevant, because it will be their lack of bitcoins payment options that takes them down.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
                    Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
                  • kindredspirit

kindredspirit Gardening around a big Puddle. :)

Retired.
                    Ratings:
                    +4,585
                    Florapie. My local shop have never heard of Bitcoins. So how would I pay for my groceries?

• Like Like x 2
                    • HarryS

HarryS Eternally Optimistic Gardener

Retired
                      Ratings:
                      +16,246
                      OMG another financial prediction !!! We all know how accurate they have been in the past 10 years :snorky:
                      Anyway it's reported that Donald Trump is to curtail the Bitcoin as it fuels the drugs trade . So sell sell sell !:biggrin:

• Funny Funny x 2
                      • Like Like x 1
                      • shiney

Ratings:
                        +117,293
                        @kindredspirit don't worry, send me all your Bitcoins and I'll have a word with your local shop ;) :whistle:

• Like Like x 1
                        • Agree Agree x 1
                        • Funny Funny x 1
                        • ARMANDII

Ratings:
                          +100,834
                          To be honest, Flora, I'm surprised somewhat at your somewhat patronising view and blinkered thinking "regarding the UK'S economy and imminent implosion". We're the 5th largest economy in the World, our forcast growth rate for 2017 is 2% which is well ahead of Europe, the US is predicted as being 2.5%, Australia 2.5%. You seem to have a blind belief and faith that Bitcoin is the panacea and miracle electronic currency that will save the World's economy which seems to be slightly obsessive giving Bitcoin an almost Godlike status.:scratch::doh:

"
                          Actually, right now, our "dear little BOE" has a Canadian citizen as the Governor and he is one of many since the Bank came into existent in 1694, the Pound is 1200 years old having been born around 775AD as the main currency in Anglo Saxon Kingdoms. So it's come through all the ages as a viable unit of currency, been reviled and mocked by many countries, foretellers of doom, stayed as an independent currency instead of going into demise when the EURO was being touted as the new World Currency. It also has never been linked solely to a electronic system whereas the Bitcoin is solely Computer driven and without a computer the Bitcoin disappears into oblivion as though it never existed.

1 and 1 is 2, but there are very few Humans in this world that hasn't had to borrow 3 so that eventually they can make 4, 5 and beyond. I'm lucky being in the position to pay cash for everything I buy, but a lot of people are not and have to borrow...........Bitcoin would not be in the least helpful and using it in the context you seem to be suggesting would lead to stagnation.

If you believe that the Bitcoin is, in your opinion, the Miracle, Crisis proof, infallible currency then please continue to do so. But a computer driven and dependent electronic currency is, in my opinion, limited, fallible, and therefore more vulnerable than any cash currency.

The UK has taken, rightly or wrongly, a historical decision to strike out on it's own, having faith in it's own abilities, future trade dealing, and faith in the strength of one of the oldest currencies in the world . So, in "eight to nine months" time don't come back to me but just look in the mirror, shrug your shoulders, sigh and realise that perhaps your fanaticism, joyous faith in the Bitcoin, scepticism, and belittling of an economy that has withstood many, many centuries of crisis, might be due to a lack of understanding and education regarding the UK's economy and imminent implosion, on your part:dunno::coffee::snorky:

• Like Like x 2
                          • Agree Agree x 1
                            Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2017
                          • roders

roders Total Gardener

Ratings:
                            +6,925
                            :goodpost:

Oh how I love the way you put your words together Amandii.
                            They sum up most of our thinking perfectly .
                            I understand that the Australian economy is in big trouble ,the housing market is about to collapse ,so I don't see what Waltzing Matilda has to shout about ........I suspect deep down she is envious of our beautiful country...........Bitcoin huh.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
                            • ARMANDII

Ratings:
                              +100,834
                              Thank you, roders, a compliment from you is a compliment indeed.:love30::snorky:

• roders

roders Total Gardener

Ratings:
                              +6,925
                              IMG_1956.PNG

• Friendly Friendly x 1