1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Chat Rooms

Discussion in 'Member Requests' started by spotofbother, Nov 29, 2008.

1. spotofbother

spotofbother Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys! I would come in to the site much more often if I could interact with other users realtime. It would be a great string to your websites' bow, for like-minded people to share experiences and make friends. How about chat rooms or another arm; singles dating room/catagory on the site? Just some thoughts...
    Carly x

2. lollipop

lollipop Gardener

Ratings:
    +24
    Is there a particular person you have in mind Carly?:wink:

3. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Perhaps you ought to Join Second Life or as I call it Single Life then you can do plenty of on line dating while your OH is in France making himself a Lathe over the Winter months:hehe::rotfl:

4. spotofbother

Ratings:
    +0
    Awwww foiled lol (I have an OH). Even still, there are many likeable men on here, I was just thinking that it may add a new dimension to the site is'all. I like the idea of chat rooms at the very least. My OH lives away and admittedly I do get a lil' lonely sometimes, it'd be grand to make some friends (that I can steal away ideas from lol).

5. spotofbother

Ratings:
    +0
    You are naughty! Not I. I am as angelic as a very angelic thing and loyal to boot! And he still hasn't started the lathe, his own nights are obviously not as lonely as I had anticipated lol

6. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    Likeable Men Carly :cnfs: :flag:

7. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Dating chatroom indeed! Remember some of us are oldies :old: and can't remember that boy/girl kind of thing..... I'm sorry to say!:cry:

I'm all for a laugh-in now that kind of chat room would be great as a good giggle does indeed brighten up the darkest day, although it would have to be good clean fun.

The Pop Inn was ok but it did turn pretty smutty and if we want smut there's plenty of places on the net we can go for that or so I have been told.:hehe: Hel.xxx.

8. Sussexgardener

Sussexgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +41
    How about using MSN or Yahoo to chat with fellow members? I know you can do a multiple chat option with MSN. Can get a bit confusing at times!

9. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +86,035
    :hehe:I' v e n e v e r b e e n a b l e t o t y p e f a s t e n o u g h f o r a c h a t r o o m.

10. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,919
    May I just say that GC is a gardening forum and not a 'dating agency'.

I may be speaking out of turn because it's not my forum but Nathan's and no doubt he will come along and slap my hands.

There are many of us who have made very good friends over the years here .... and some enemies have also been made sadly ... but we are here basically to discuss gardening and miscellany associated with it.

We have 'other' sections .... photography comps which is very popular and wildlife and our pets .... these all fit inot the life of gardening ....

.... to me, a dating agency does not .... and most of us have our partners with us not in another country ....

just my opinion ....

11. Pro Gard

Pro Gard Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    It could be quite fun !!, cant see it hapening though.

12. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    LoL said,
    May I just agree with you my lady.

13. spotofbother

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello fellow members. May I say, I was not really suggesting a 'dating agency'. Sheesh, ruffled some feathers though I read. I was mostly offering an idea for another dimension to the forum, a 'real-time' social engagement with other members. People have seemed to latch on to the singles angle of my offering though it was not my first thought nor particularly personally significant to me. However, I would like to make friends and broaden my experience within this environment (both website and industry related). I like the idea of multi-chatting on msn or messenger and have both, but my problem with this is that I currently no no-one on this site and would feel uncomfortable doing so in a more intimate setting. I love to come on to this site and browse and have occasionally attempted to share advise, or commented on on a topic. I had suggested a chat room as I know for certain that I would come more often. I am studying in horticulture at the present time and a great deal of you have so much knowledge and hold such interesting lives that I simply thought it an (possibly naive idea) idea to relate with one another a lil' closer. It seems I have spoken out of turn. Pro Gard, I think i may be deemed as mad as a bag of badgers!!

14. lollipop

lollipop Gardener

Ratings:
    +24
    Carly, I was only pulling your leg, I don`t take myself quite as seriously as some do you will find. Mad????? You`ll fit in then.

15. Pro Gard

Pro Gard Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    Indeed,

Were all secretly a bit mad, most gardeners are lol!!!