Countryfile Photographic Competition 2009

Discussion in 'Photography Talk' started by rosa, Jun 29, 2009.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    ive entered these 4 pics and sent them to countryfile photographic competition for BBC the first prize is £1000 photographic equipment and 2nd prize is £500.Wish Me Luck

Seaside Poppies

[​IMG]

Durham Cathedral

[​IMG]

Lake At Durham

[​IMG]

Seaton Sluice

[​IMG]

2. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    thanks peri, i sent A4 size to them this morning after i saw it on telly last night i thought why not im not losing anything go for it

3. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +694
    Good luck with those Rosa :gnthb:
    They are fantastic pictures. The colours of the poppies against the sky is just stunning. They would be lovely to paint!

It would be great if one of our GC members won! Go Rosa, go Rosa....:yho:

4. Dave W

Dave W Total Gardener

Anything I fancy and can afford!
    Ratings:
    +3,035
    Good luck Rosa, I particularly like your poppies and the Seaton Sluice photos!

For anyone else interested in the competition here's a link to the rules >
    http://www.bbccountryfilemagazine.com/photographic-competition

I'm a bit annoyed that the closing date is early September as we are going to the island of Mull in mid September and part of the reason for the trip is to take wildlife and landscape photos!:mad:

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    thanks jazmine and dave, i guess there will be a lot of entrants and maybe better pics than mine anyway we will see, pity dave you will miss it maybe next years, the seaton sluice one thats my hubbys favourite one.

6. Steve R

Steve R Soil Furtler

Carer
    Ratings:
    +3,699
    With competitions, I'm always sceptical..rule 15.

15) Entrants will retain copyright in the photographs that they submit to the BBC. By entering the competition all entrants grant to the BBC the right to publish and exhibit their photographs on television and on the BBC's website. Entrants whose photographs are one of the Finalists or selected to appear in the Countryfile Calendar 2010 pursuant to paragraph 11 above grant to the BBC (including BBC Worldwide and other publishers authorised by the BBC) the further rights to publish and exhibit their photographs in print, on their respective websites or in any other media. No fees will be payable for any of the above uses. Entrants whose photographs are one of the Finalists also agree to take part in post-competition publicity. While we make every effort to credit photographers, including in printed reproductions of their work, we cannot guarantee that every broadcast use of the photographs will include the photographers' names.

This seems to be in more and more competitions nowadays..sadly. But on this occasion as its Children in Need who benefit, I think I willl find an entry or two to enter.

Good luck Rosa, I wish you all the best and I too...reallly like your poppies photo.

Steve...:)

7. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    thanks steve its normal standard practice what you put in, it states you cant have sold any of the pictures you send which is fine by me.good luck with what you enter do put them in here would love to see them.

peri i would be very proud iff one of mine wins this comp, and would be very happy to see one of mine in their calendar.