1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Crow's pecking at window

Discussion in 'Wildlife Corner' started by Jiffy, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Jiffy

Jiffy The Match is on Fire

Pyro
    Ratings:
    +31,954
    @shiney
    Shiney you had a crow which used to peck at your windows, can i ask how did you stop it please, asking for a friend who has a big problem and want to know how to stop crows pecking at their window at 4am till night time

2. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +46,192
    When we had new patio doors installed we had problems with crows flying into them, the glass is reflective and think they were attacking another bird. They would knock themselves out sometimes and leave a dusty impression on the glass. I made a scarecrow to keep them away which worked. A neighbour used to hang a shirt inside the window which worked for him.

• Like Like x 2
    • shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
      Ratings:
      +118,514
      Our crows weren't pecking at the window but one of them kept pulling out the stoppers in the French door hinges. I hung an outline of a cat there. I don't know whether that worked or whether they got fed up. :noidea:

I think that the three crows (can recognise each one) are now in their 15th year with us. They're no nuisance any more, don't attack the other birds and just come to eat things dropped from the bird feeders and take away any bone we chuck out.

• Like Like x 3
      • Black Dog

Black Dog Gardener of useful things

It's a secret
        Ratings:
        +1,136
        Teach them to trade slips of paper for food! Preferably ones with high numbers printed on both sides :dbgrtmb:

• Funny Funny x 3
        • Jiffy

Pyro
          Ratings:
          +31,954
          Thanks guys, the crow is only just pecking at the window as he/she can see them self's and not flying into window, but what even our friend put there to stop it the bird just pull anything that is there away and carry's on pecking the window, just though any one may have any good tip's as your freind isn't a morning person so being woken up at 4am his not happy,i think he'll have to wait till breeding sesson is over and then he'll get some sleep

• CanadianLori

CanadianLori Total Gardener

Battle Axe
          Ratings:
          +30,616
          What about something similar to what @shiney tried, taping a picture or pictures of cats on the inside of the window so they appear to be waiting for dinner? Might scare the crow and if not scared, they wouldn't see their reflection? Then once they've stopped for a few days, remove to see if the "training" worked. :noidea:

• Like Like x 2
          • Jiffy

Pyro
            Ratings:
            +31,954
            Thank you Lori
            I'm passing on al comments to the person with some hope they will work :dbgrtmb: