1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Ebay Seller Tricks

Discussion in 'Computer Corner' started by ricky101, Oct 3, 2020.

1. ricky101

ricky101 Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +4,203
    Hi,

Think we have fallen for an ebay Seller trick, sure others may have had this problem and wondered what the best way to resolve it.

Ordered 4 different new cables in one transaction from a uk seller but nothing arrived so eventually opened a resolution.
    Despite messages, nothing ever arrived so asked for a refund but they only refunded for one item , but this partial refund caused the resolution to be closed. ?!

Have contacted the seller again, but yet to get any response of course !

Shoud we just directly contact ebay, though of course we cannot point to all the excuses the seller made in the resolution messages.

Only talking a few pounds, its just the principle, more so as the seller has a good rating but feel they are deliberately being devious without any provocation.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • ThePlantAssassin

ThePlantAssassin Gardener

NuttyFruitCake
      Ratings:
      +1,016
      Report the seller in the 'report a seller' section and explain. Ebay can and do read all correspondence between a seller and a buyer EVEN if you have deleted it from your account they will still be able to access it from the resolution site for a certain amount of time.
      The other option is use the ebay 'call me back' option and actually speak to somebody. I have done this successfully once before.
      As a point of interest if they refunded you one item then they have acknowledged the order didnt arrive.
      And of course mess up their good ratings by leaving them negative feedback and say they are thieves! That will get their attention. Im sick of getting ripped off on that site and I agree its the bloomin principle of it!
      Good Luck.

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • ricky101

ricky101 Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +4,203
        Thanks for the heads up, used ebay for a long time with very little trouble but the last few months its been nothing but .

Badly packaged items being damaged, wrong item being sent and another order not arrriving, thankfully proven to be lost in Hermes delivery system.

Just got this sly reply back from this seller in response to my request for the outstanding balance to be paid.
        Wonder if its worth persuing for the small amount, but expect thats what they rely on !

000135.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
        • ThePlantAssassin

ThePlantAssassin Gardener

NuttyFruitCake
          Ratings:
          +1,016
          @ricky101
          It's not the small amount that's the issue its the principal. Think of how much money they will make if they 'keep' small amounts from hundreds of customers? I truly believe as you say that's exactly what they rely on! Its sounding hopeful so fingers crossed eh!

• Agree Agree x 2
          • weedaway

weedaway Gardener

Retired
            Ratings:
            +458
            My greatest losses on ebay are from items being lost and or damaged in transit but couriers refusing to pay out on the enhanced compensation, just a total loss of many hundreds of pounds over the years, and scammers returning a different or altered item to the one I sent, if that is not bad enough to add to the insult I had to pay for the return shipping, so that is shipping costs both ways.

• Informative Informative x 1
            • ricky101

ricky101 Total Gardener

Ratings:
              +4,203
              Hi,

That does not sound right ?
              From any site, unless you have specifically instructed your own courier, then the Contract for delivery is between the Seller and the Courier they choose, if they cannot deliver or damage the goods, its between those two, not you. You have no contract with the sellers Courier.

However the Sellers will often make out its up to you to chase the Courier, but any reputable courier will not deal with any claim from you because you did not send the parcel/have the contract with them.

Regardless , its the Seller who must refund you, even if they do not get anything from the Courier.

As we are learning ,belatedly, you have to play hard ball with them and not allow them any wriggle room.
              Just left bad feedback with a seller for non delivery , what a change, falling over themselves to get the goods to me and asking for the feedback to be removed !

Also pays to make a list of sellers you find are good and the ones to avoid !

• weedaway

weedaway Gardener

Retired
              Ratings:
              +458
              I am the seller, I am the one with all the losses.

• Like Like x 1
              • ricky101

ricky101 Total Gardener

Ratings:
                +4,203
                Ahggg... Sorry, misread your post ! Old age again !! :frown::old: