1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Free 6ft Eucalyptus tree

Discussion in 'Swaps/Freebies' started by PinkBug, Mar 5, 2011.

1. PinkBug

PinkBug Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I currently have a Eucalyptus tree growing in a raised planting bed which has terrible clay soil in it. I bought it as a 0.5ft sapling (along with 2 others that had the disc shaped leaves) but this was the only one that seemed to do well. So well that i have to keep chopping the top off as it puts on about 5 to 6ft of growth over each year.

It seems to recover well from this and is currently sprouting new growth at the moment from the top most leaves. I was sold this, along with the others as gunni, but it has long slender leaves and seems to grow alot faster than friends gunni trees with the coin/disc shaped leaves.

Its looking a little sorry for itself at the moment because of having to be cut back at the end of last year (it always gets this treatment :heehee: as its very close to a fence) But always goes mad with new growth as soon as it starts warming up.

I am now in the process of sorting out the soil in this raised bed and unfortunatley the tree has to go :cry3:. So before i send it to the great compost heap in the sky i thought id offer it to people on here as this little tree has done me proud :dbgrtmb:.

Its free to whoever can collect (sorry i dont drive) and can give me a hand digging it up (the roots wont be deep as the planter is less than knee height, should only take 10mins). Im in North Cheshire and in most days/evenings.

2. PeterS

PeterS Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +4,015
    That a very kind offer PinkBug. Its a shame I am not looking for one.