1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Garden Open For Charity Sunday 25th May

Discussion in 'Garden Visits' started by shiney, May 9, 2008.

1. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +118,515
    [align=left]We open our garden at least once each year in aid of a local charity.[/align]

[align=center]GARDEN OPEN FOR CHARITY[/align]

[align=left]We are approx 15 minutes from junctions 7 and 8 on the M11 motorway and about 20 minutes from Chelmsford and Hertford (the County towns of Essex and Hertfordshire).[/align]

[align=left]Our charity this year is Accuro which is based in Great Dunmow and Harlow. It organises volunteer carers who provide shared care for children and adults who have learning and/or physical disabilities, and sensory disabilities. This provides a much needed break for the families of these children and adults.:thumb:[/align]

[align=left]If you like to look at gardens, support a worthy charity or just have a break, we
    shall be happy to see you on Sunday 25th May (Bank Holiday Sunday). [/align]

[align=left]The garden is open from 10 a.m. - noon and 2.00 â?? 4.00 p.m.[/align]

[align=left]Entry £1 per person. [/align]

[align=left]Tea/coffee with cake or biscuits will be available for a donation of £1.[/align]

[align=left]There will also be plants for sale.[/align]

[align=left]Please PM me or email me for directions.[/align]

[align=left]For those of you that have been here before, the garden will look different because we have done a lot of alterations.[/align]

[align=left]There are three pubs in the village and a very nice Village Tearoom.
    There may also be cricket on the village green (I'll check this and let you know).[/align]

[align=left]I have now checked and there is cricket on the village green cricket pitch from 2.30 and they are now erecting a fun fair on the green.[/align]

We would love to see our GC friends here :thumb::)

2. Kedi-Gato

Kedi-Gato Gardener

Ratings:
    +35
    Thank you for the invitation, shiney, we would love to come but we live too far away. Hope that the GC members who live within driving distance will be able to make it though.

I'm sure that it will be as big a success as it has been in the past, and that you will have a tidy sum to give to Accuro.

Hope that this lovely weather keeps up for all the guests to enjoy the Open Garden, also the tea and cakes.

3. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    Shiney - we'd love to come, but so far for us to travel at the mo. Would love to be able to feed your pheasants!

The very best of luck to you for your fundraising for such a worthy cause!

Watch out for people taking sneaky cuttings!!!!

Can you PM me your address so that James and I can send you a little donation anyway?

Have a fab day!

Kath x

4. shiney

Ratings:
    +118,515
    Thanks Kedi :)

We'll also see what Oscar thinks of all the visitors :D

5. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    A LITTLE BIT TO FAR FOR US SHINEY WE DID SET OFF TO YOURS ONCE BUT HAD TO TURN BACK:D:D.......BUT WOULD LIKE TO SEND YOU A LITTLE DONATION FOR CHARITY THE SAME AS C,M. WILL PM YOU FOR DETAILS..IF I MAKE A DONATION YOU HAVE TO SEND US A SLICE OF CAKE:thumb: GOOD LUCK WITH OPENING THE GARDEN:)

6. shiney

Ratings:
    +118,515
    Thanks Imp :thumb:. I'll wait to hear from you. I'll ask Woo if one of his pals can deliver the cake for you :).

I said I would find out about cricket on the village green and the cricket club say that there will be a match on that day starting at 2.30.

7. Kedi-Gato

Kedi-Gato Gardener

Ratings:
    +35
    It's obvious that it is too far for us to come, shiney, but I hope that a few of our GC members manage to.