1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Garden shed!

Discussion in 'Members Hobbies' started by Dawn78, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Dawn78

Dawn78 Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    didnt know where to post, but i wanted to post as am over excited to have a shed!!! really want it tonight, as bought a 2nd hand one, in rugby, but i have to wait till i find someone who can collect it so im sad, i want it now :D dont know why i am so excited about this shed lol i need to steal a van :gnthb:

2. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +46,169
    So ... collecting sheds is your hobby? :scratch:

And you are excited about it? :hehe:

I'm afraid there is no cure for what you've caught, I think its called gardenersitis :lollol:

3. clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
    +19,596
    Shame you're just a bit far away from me, otherwise I'd have done it. Couldn't you hire a van? They are only about £35 for half a day.

4. Dawn78

Dawn78 Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    i didnt know where to post it, and randomly wanted to tell everyone that i keep talkin about sheds and have been on a mad mission to get one lol

yeh wish one of you was local lol was going to hire a van but they wanted alot of money down, 150 i think, so thought id find another option, roll on the shed, over excited, i would carry it home if i could lol

5. JWK

Ratings:
    +46,169
    I hope you can find someone to help you, seriously, I know what its like when you get your heart fixed on something. When you've got it you'll wonder how on earth you coped without it, then you'll start wishing you had a bigger one ... :gnthb:

6. Dawn78

Dawn78 Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    i have wanted one for years, but not felt desperate for one, i cant wait, feel like its xmas lol its 8 and a half foot by 6 foot, should be a ok size for my first shed? wont have many tools etc as i am a single woman that just owns a lawnmover, and drills and basics lol

wany my shed now :( are they easy to put up? obviously it has been up before

7. JWK

Ratings:
    +46,169
    "are they easy to put up?" - I'd recommend you have a good look at the shed before its taken apart, then mark each section with a big indelible pen, so you can put it back the same way - also note where the fixings go and keep them safe in a box. I guess it will simply bolt together with coach bolts, so that should be fairly easy to do - if its not too old and the bolts not rusty. You will need two people to put it up, its nigh on impossible to hold a 8 foot panel on your own and fix it to the next! You may need to re-felt the roof, again not too difficult. The biggest job will be preparing the base for it, if you haven't already got a base.

8. Dawn78

Dawn78 Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    it comes with a floor, i dont know what prep i need, its going on a concrete area at bottom of garden, and he said all i need is nails to put together, it has already been taken apart as he wanted the room, its 90quid

9. clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
    +19,596
    When I've hired vehicles in the past, if you give them credit details, even if you are paying in cash for the rental, then they don't take a deposit. The logic being if you use the van in a ram raid or drive it into the sea, they'll just bill your card.

10. Sam1974x

Sam1974x Gardener

Ratings:
    +17
    Well if your anything like me i usually buy the stuff then ask other half how its fitting in the car :)

Am also in Rugby and hope none of my darling children have sold you my shed for extra pocket money lol

hmmmm ...... wonders outside to check its still there ........

11. JWK

Ratings:
    +46,169
    Dawn; is the concrete area you putting it on level? If it comes with a floor then it sounds fairly straight forward. Keep us posted, with some photos, its always interesting to see these sort of projects

12. Dawn78

Dawn78 Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    shed is home, no messing about lol i have no patience, i have to admit i am not over keen on the shed, but my builder who picked it up with me thinks i got a bargain for what i paid, i dont like the colour, the paint needs re doin as it hasnt been done in a while so most has faded and its dark brown :( the one colour i didnt want lol is it easy enough changing the colour, or will i have to stick with this sort of dark shade, i ideally wanted that varnished wood look rather than painted brown lol but suppose for 2nd hand i cant be over choosy when price is ok, shed looks ok condition, needs to put new pane of glass in, as one fell out on way home lol and replacement of part of felt, i hope i havent gone and bought something **** out of random impatience for a shed lol, im sure when its been painted and treated better it will look fine, i will show a pic of it 2moz when it is up, just dont laugh and me buying something bad if i have lol

13. Dawn78

Dawn78 Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    its going on concrete and it is reasonably level as level as my eye can tell, isnt all over the place, and there was 2 sheds down before, but neither had a floor lol. i think the shed will need a little tlc as not been cared for enough lol lack of keeping stained etc ;) i will look after it, looks bloody huge :O

14. Dawn78

Dawn78 Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    well i didnt have a other half to do that lol so i sweet talked the builder instead lol, but he didnt mind helping which was nice :) nice to see nowadays how people can still help each other, even though he doesnt know me lol :)

i just hope in the morning when i see shed in the light that i dont think, why did i buy that heap lol :dh:

15. Dawn78

Dawn78 Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    now i have my shed, and dont like it lol the colour, what colour it has is brown but it hasnt been treated in a long while, so what is the best thing i do from here? also now it has brown on it, will i have to paint it brown or shall i do it same colour as fence panels which is green? i wanted a pine looking shed, but i havent got that lol, advice would be good as feel a fool for buying it :( hopefully its not as bad as i think lol