Gardeners Corner Seed Swap Parcel 2011

Discussion in 'Swaps/Freebies' started by Steve R, Jan 11, 2011.

1. penny_lane

penny_lane Gardener

working with animals
    Ratings:
    +63
    I would love to join in if it's not too late and have some fresh veg seed I overbought this year to donate :sunny:

2. Melinda

Melinda Gardener

Ratings:
    +437
    Just seen an email/ pm from Sadowska. Im relieved it arrived safely.

Ive not been around, sorry. Ive been up to my neck in water - kayaking for the first time in a pair (rowing is my sport) and also doing some testing for a new bridge we are designing at work.

Ive just about dried out.

3. Becks081

Becks081 Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Oh No sorry I had stupidly sent my address to Cadminister instead of Sadowska have I missed my place now? - didnt realise about the PM setting it must be from when the website chaged as I used to get them

4. Steve R

Steve R Soil Furtler

Carer
    Ratings:
    +3,698
    No worries Becks..parcel is on its way to me now, I'll go through the list and contact those who expressed an interest, make a new list and start again.

Steve...:)

5. Steve R

Steve R Soil Furtler

Carer
    Ratings:
    +3,698
    The seed parcel has just arrived back to me. Many thanks to all those who took part in this round, there looks to be just as many seed packets in it now, as when I sent it out...but they are for the most part different.

I hope you all benefited from the parcel.

I'll start a new list with Becks at the top and send out at the end of the week, I'll contact those people who expressed an interest in it by pm to see if they still are.

6. Steve R

Steve R Soil Furtler

Carer
    Ratings:
    +3,698
    I now know I'm going to be very busy next Spring, due to this I wont be able to organise the seed swap in 2012 efficiently as I would like. So I will be withdrawing from the organisation of this, but I invite people to send me a personal message if you would be interested in taking over the organisation of the seed swap for 2012.

I will forward all names to an admin, who will then choose someone for 2012.

It involves being a regular visitor to this site to keep the seed swap topic updated and answer personal messages and queries from members, you may spend a couple of extra pounds on postage than those on the list will.

I have quite a big seed swap package from this year, I'll add some of my own to this and post it on to whoever takes over from me.

No interest so far, in which case I'll probably pass the parcel onto a local charity or school to use.

7. Steve R

Steve R Soil Furtler

Carer
    Ratings:
    +3,698
    I still have the seed parcel, nobody has pm'ed me to offer to continue doing this next year (2012) and I'm sorry I wont be able to organise it myself as I have other committments.

In the next week or so I will make a list of the seeds (checking it twice :) ) And give the seeds away to those interested, remaining seeds will then be given to our local school here in Cumbria.