1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

GC Megalist of Discounts, Offers & Good Old Freebies

Discussion in 'Retailer Feedback' started by Aesculus, Jan 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spruce

Spruce Glad to be back .....

Ratings:
    +12,322
    mmm now I understand give it to "M" instead !!!! :th scifD36::thud:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Jenny namaste

Jenny namaste Total Gardener

retired- blissfully retired......
      Ratings:
      +31,187
      naughty boy...
      Please may I have,
      Jenny

• Funny Funny x 5
      • "M"

"M" Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +31,885
        No worries: it's Mr M's turn to take offspring to Wales today .... I gave *him* the flask ;)

• Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
        +28,997
        Today's Telegraph (£2) has a voucher for 2 x £3.50 packs of primroses, 'worth' £7. The same voucher can be used to get £5 off £20 spend on plants. Unfortunately that word 'spend' on my voucher makes me think that the £7's worth of Primroses may not be able to be included in the £20 (but I might have a go!) EDIT The free primroses don't count as spend.

You can get The Telegraph free at Waitrose if bought with £3's worth of other shopping, as explained here http://gardenerscorner.co.uk/forum/...rs-good-old-freebies.39667/page-6#post-749649

Time to fill my tubs with a Spring display.

• Like Like x 1
        • Informative Informative x 1
        • Scrungee

Ratings:
          +28,997
          This is the reason to have multiple myWaitrose cards (only one free newspaper per day per card)

freeflowers.jpg

Got free Telegraphs doing multiple shops using all of our Waitrose cards. This offer is also supposed to be on tomorrow (when we can get another load of free newspapers) but there might be none left as everybody at the tills seems to be getting them.

P.S. Don't forget to use your Nectar Card when getting free stuff as you still get points because the till counts coupons as if they were money.

• Like Like x 3
          • ballistic_bro

ballistic_bro Gardener

IT
            Ratings:
            +241
            Thanks for the heads-up Scrungee.:SUNsmile:
            My Wife and I needed a few primroses to brighten up the garden, unfortunately no waitrose near us or waitrose card, but for £4 we got 24 primroses, plus in the clearance section we picked up 6 large primulas for £3(rather than £5) and 6 other primroses for £2. So not a bad haul for £9.:)

(Then we went to B & Q and picked up 15 clearance primroses for £3 instead of £6. So along with the 10 I picked up yesterday, that's a total of 61 new plants - I'm not sure we've got enough room for them!:doh:)

• Like Like x 1
            • Scrungee

Ratings:
              +28,997
              Unfortunately there's no voucher in today's Sunday Telegraph. Re-checking the wording it appears that the vouchers in yesterday's (Sat) paper can also be used today.

P.S. Several times a year The Telegraph has vouchers for £10's of free stuff from the Body Shop that are usually in both Saturday and Sunday's papers, another reason to have plenty of myWaitrose cards.

Guess what we give as Xmas presents?

• Scrungee

Ratings:
              +28,997
              In case anybody missed it in the 'Skint' thread, there's vouchers in today's Telegraph £2 or free from Waitrose) for 2 x half trays of violas/pansies (RRP £7.00) together with a £5 no min spend voucher for House of Fraser

Our haul from Homebase

pansies free.jpg

• Scrungee

Ratings:
              +28,997
              5 Packets of seeds (+ a dibber!) from T&M for only £2.30 http://www.thompson-morgan.com/vip/salad-seeds-and-sowing-dibber/tcf55588pTM It actually makes the postage zero and the product cost £2.,30 so you can't add additional seeds and get free postage, but that can be used to your advantage as explained below.

But what I did was to order three of these multi-packs and use the £5 off code (that can't include postage, but the postage is zero with this deal!) to get 15 packs of T&M seeds and 3 dibbers for £1.90, which seems a bit of a bargain. Don't forget 12.6% Topcashback for a further 24p off.

TandMorder15pkts.png

• Scrungee

Ratings:
              +28,997
              This weekend only (12th & 13th April)........

Cheap tomato plug plants from Suttons + cheap delivery on the back of it

1) Put 6 'lucky dip' tomato plug plants in your basket (normally £9.99 + £4.99 P&P)http://www.suttons.co.uk/Gardening/Vegetable Plants/Popular Vegetable Plants/Tomato Plants/Tomato Plants - Lucky Dip_243985.htm

2) Go to checkout and use code TOM199 to get them for £1.99 including delivery.

3) Use back button to order anything else you need from Suttons and there's no further P&P costs added.

I haven't ordered anything, but put some random items in my basket just to check it out it sets P&P to zero

suttons.jpg

Don't forget cashback http://www.topcashback.co.uk/suttons_seeds/

P.S. Whilst on the Suttons site, use their search facility to look for Showmaster (a variety of onion) and see what comes up.

• Scrungee

Ratings:
              +28,997
              Free P&P all Easter Weekend at T&M using Order Code TWBP18YZ

This may not work with the Voucher Codes sent out in catalogues, enclosed with orders, but always works with Gift Codes obtained by using £5 in Tesco Clubcard Vouchers to get a £15 T&M code.

• Scrungee

Ratings:
              +28,997
              A freebie (my favourite price). Valid until 26th April.

Get a The Works loyalty card (pick up instore), register online then go back with the voucher in the link below and get 4 packets of seeds for free.

Voucher http://email-theworks.co.uk/pub/sf/FormLink?_ri_=X0Gzc2X=WQpglLjHJlYQGnU7BmSdzgbwTbsMKCUzbEfA9f0YoPNzboLlqizaVXMtX=WQpglLjHJlYQGkDEFWNtIHBzaw46oPzftXWjrf0YoPNzboLlqiza&_ei_=EolaGGF4SNMvxFF7KucKuWMOnW2tkpvMT5loJ77GPpunbepacrVKY2JRqmg.

I snipped it and pasted 3 into a single page for printing as we've got 3 of The Works loyalty cards, so we got 12 packets of free seeds.

works seeds.jpg

P.S. Their loyalty cards are worth having as they give you a 50 points (50p) bonus for joining and they very often have gardening books even cheaper than some people try and sell them for secondhand and you get points on every purchase. And they very often have them reduced even further. We once found then selling greetings cards at £1 for a carrier bag stuffed full and have got enough father/mother's day, welcome to your new home, congratulations, condolences, get well soon, etc. cards to last us for any years.

You get 5 points (worth 5p) for every pound spent and get a money off voucher every 3 months, but you need a minimum of 50 points to get a voucher, but you can carry over unused point to the next accounting period (but not subsequent periods). So the very least you need to spend to be able to get something back from this scheme is £10 over 6 months (to get 50p back), but they might also send you money off vouchers.

Sometimes they issue £5 off £20 spend vouchers at the same time as a £20 in store spend at The Works is eligible for £5 Topcashback (which can be exchanged for Tesco Clubcard vouchers, which can then be converted into a £15 T&M voucher). If they're as 'generous' as Tesco and the points are based on the gross spend, that would be £1 in loyalty points, £15 in T&M vouchers, £20's worth of purchases, and all that for a £15 spend!

• Jenny namaste

Jenny namaste Total Gardener

retired- blissfully retired......
              Ratings:
              +31,187
              GARDENERS WORLD - MAY EDITION- OUT TOMORROW.
              It will have the 2 for 1 vouchers in it. You can visit nice gardens and houses all over the UK and only pay entry for one instead of the two of you,
              Jenny

• Informative Informative x 1
              • Useful Useful x 1
              • Webmaster

Webmaster Webmaster Staff Member

Ratings:
                +2,931
                I have started a new area up here :- http://www.gardenerscorner.co.uk/forum/forums/magazine-watch.129/ , which is entitled 'Magazine Watch', for any free stuff available through mags/newspapers etc.

If need be, the area can contain more than just magazine bargains/freebies and include in-store bargains also.

Let me know of any feedback you have for this new area .

Thanks

Nathan

• Like Like x 1
                • Scrungee

Ratings:
                  +28,997
                  @Webmaster what about online discount codes, free P&P promotions, etc. To me it would make sense to have everything in one place.

And there's also the dedicated thread for reduced stuff at Wilkos http://gardenerscorner.co.uk/forum/threads/wilkos-half-price-sale.42517/page-12 which is a useful resource for checking back when & what's been reduced the previous year and keeping a lookout for it as it's often the same time every year.

Thread Status:
                Not open for further replies.