1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Glaswegian Greetings

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Greg C, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Greg C

Greg C Gardener

Ratings:
    +44
    Oh duh! I kept trying to insert an image. Thank you. Pics below.
    As you can see, the garden is small. I've already made some changes since taking this. The old shed is gone and the new one seen on the right is erected. I've also moved the wheelie bins against the hedge (where the blue bin is) and am going to put up a trellis in front to hide them and also to use to grow plants up (probably Sweet Pea which I love). Excuse all the paving slabs and wheelie bins all over the place (gosh I didn't even see I knocked the red bin over!) :thud:. Also the washing line pole slap bang in the middle is coming out.

Garden 1.jpg Garden 2.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
      +0
      Hi @Greg C adding the pic's helps members on giving you advice :dbgrtmb:

Your decking is nice but ropes on it would really make it :love30:...you could always add two posts:thumbsup: and then a wooden arch way with roses growing over from the sides :wub2:

Rough idea off the net with this picture :)

[​IMG]

P.S Don't go there where wheelie bins are concerned :mute: :heehee:

• Like Like x 3
        Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2018
      • BeeHappy

BeeHappy Total Gardener

Mother Nature's Garden Apprentice
        Ratings:
        +6,133
        Hi @Greg C and :sign0016:to GC - you've made some great garden progress already - and with Winter behind us and lots of good weather ahead to enjoy your outdoor space plus the rest of your gardening plans :gardening:
        Happy days :yes:

• Like Like x 2
        • Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
          +0
          Hi @Greg C ....hows your garden going mate since you last posted your pictures :)

• Greg C

Greg C Gardener

Ratings:
          +44
          Hi Gail_68 and every one who has commented since I last visited. The garden is coming along nicely. I'll post some pics soon. I've got 3 beds dug. My spring bulbs are starting to open and my grass is growing (although filling the patches is going to take a while). So much nicer to work out there now that my fingers aren't numb with cold anymore :biggrin:

• Like Like x 2
          • Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
            +0
            Hi @Greg C nice to hear off you mate :thumbsup:....sounds like things are coming together and i totally agree this time is better than the cold mate plus patches on grasses always take a while...when it happened with we through the dog ripping a certain section..my hubby did a middle piece and dug that grass up and replaced it where the damaged was...then the dog started on another area in the end it was gravelled mate.

Be nice to see some pic's :thankyou:....as we'd all like to see how it's developing :cheers:

• Greg C

Greg C Gardener

Ratings:
            +44
            Sorry Gail_68, somehow missed your post. I've been making use of the sudden burst of good weather to get some prep work done. Grass patches are still looking sad, but at least I've levelled the path and some of my plants are going in. And my spring bulbs are flowering which is adding some much needed colour!

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

• Like Like x 2
              Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2018
            • Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
              +0
              Hello @Greg C don't apologise mate...you've worked hard while the weather as been there [​IMG]

Looks a lot better mate [​IMG] but like you said a shame about your lawn :sad:...hopefully it will recover but i could just imagine a new one there :love30:....ours went like that after the dog kept ripping it and in the end it was like mowing dirt so we removed it and had the gravel instead.

I :wub2: the barrel pots mate they always make a garden plus your flowers will look stunning...i'm really pleased for you and :thankyou: for adding the pic's on your update :cheers:

• Greg C

Greg C Gardener

Ratings:
              +44
              Thought as the season starts to near its end, I would post some pics of how the garden turned out. I am happy with the results for the first year ever of gardening. Big plans for next year already.
              Anyone know the best product to treat the whiskey barrels with?
              Garden 2.jpg garden 1.jpg Garden 3.jpg Garden 4.jpg Garden 5.jpg

• Like Like x 3
              • Jack Sparrow

Jack Sparrow Total Gardener

Ratings:
                +5,414
                I painted my whiskey barrel with shed paint. It was rather old and faded by that point. I guess you could use something like teak oil to preserve it.

The garden looks fab. Well done. :dbgrtmb:

G.

• Agree Agree x 2
                • Like Like x 1