1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

having a swim!

Discussion in 'Wildlife Corner' started by wildflower, Jun 29, 2006.

1. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I found this in my pond today i may actually get some spawn next year!!

[​IMG]

2. Poppy33

Poppy33 Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    This time next year you have hundreds of little froglets..its amazing how they find the new ponds [​IMG]

3. strongylodon

strongylodon Old Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +28,514
    You may be lucky next year, size wise, this one looks like a juvenile and may not be sexually mature yet. Here's hoping!(or should that be hopping) :D

4. fmay

fmay Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I've just been out to weed around our pool and frogs were jumping back into the water from everywhere. There are tadpoles of all sizes in the pond and I also saw a tiny little froglet.

5. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I have seen a larger one than this one in my greenhouse its lurking behind all the pots..i am not keen on them in their .. :( but every year a frog or frogs !! seem to set up house in the greenhouse..i used to be scared of them i am still not overkeen but have to get used to them as this place was over run with frogs when i moved in and they are still here..

6. Poppy33

Poppy33 Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    we have loads of frogs, and when it rains the lawn is covered in them..my son is terrified of them(he is 16 :rolleyes: ) when he comes home on rainy evenings on his motorbike he won't come up the gravel drive, so he phones me and I have to take a broom out to move all the frogs out of his way for him. Alot of people seem to be scared of frogs, perhaps its the jumping that people dislike..look at the frogs face, they have very smilley faces, you never see an unhappy looking frog [​IMG]

7. jay

jay Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    One of my frogs died a few weeks ago :( He did look old bless him.
    I have 2 left now, the big fattie in the back was screaming at one of the neighbours cats last night, I rushed out and chased the cat off...poor froggie. I do love cats but as we have a dog they only sneak through our garden to get home, but obviously harrass my guests en route :(

8. wildflower

wildflower Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I think they are really ugly..they are most unatractive..i wanted spawn for the grandson to see he has a morbid interest in bugs and creatures..he is only 4 and recently went to spain and spent two weeks hunting snails and he kept them all by his caravan as pets for two weeks..when he comes here its like being on a safari!!

9. Honey Bee

Honey Bee Gardener

Queen Bee
    Sunny South coast (well, it used to be......)
    Ratings:
    +54
    We love Frogs here!!!! and Toads, but don't have any - yet.....

10. Fran

Fran Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Surprised a toad whilst mowing the lawn in the wild area - lovely eater of slugs and snails, may he prosper.