1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Hello From Glasgow.....and does anyone want some good spare seedlings?

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by David Hume, Jun 14, 2020.

1. David Hume

David Hume Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hello. David here from Pollokshields in Glasgow. This looks a lovely forum to join from the posts I've read following a search about wee orange egg things on a few compost pots I've got.
    I've put half of my back garden in to a wee allotment and have constructed some little home made greenhouses ( I use the term loosely).
    I've done this for a few years and I have never had such a brilliant crop of seedlings. So many, in fact, that I've got lots of spare seedlings- beetroot, spinach, lettuce, bread beans and dwarf french beans and some flowers.
    Does anyone want any?
    It would be nice if someone knows of a good home for them.
    I've given quite a few away already to friends and neighbours but there are loads left.
    You would be very welcome to come and get them.
    I look forward to seeing photos of all your hard work.
    Take care. Regards. David

• Like Like x 1
    • Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +52,610
      Welcome to Gardeners Corner David. :) We're a friendly bunch and always willing to interact and help out along the way.

I'm not really a veg gardener but others may be interested. Perhaps you could try your local allotments to see if anyone there would be interested.

• Telmadee

Telmadee Gardener

Lab tech
      Ratings:
      +351
      Hiya @David Hume welcome to the forum. It’s very kind of you offering your seedlings to people. Have you thought about putting them on your front wall or in front of your property with a little sign saying that people are welcome to them. I’ve got a cucumber plant at the minute that a kind man on our walk had left on his wall with a sign saying for people to take just bring the pots back

• Upsydaisy

Upsydaisy Total Gardener

Living in hope of world wide peace.
      Ratings:
      +54,374