1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Hello from sunny, if a tad nippy, Peterborough UK

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Graham T, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Graham T

Graham T Apprentice Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +8
    Being outside and doing something creative is my aim. If I get anything at all to eat from it, that will be a bonus. Over last year, I had some mobility issues due to arthritic knees but, at the moment, I am relatively pain free so I intend making the most of it. A couple of years ago, I was looking at taking on a half plot on a local allotment site but I am glad I didn’t as I would not have kept it up. My aim now is to keep it small and do it for the fun. It would be a lot cheaper to just get stuff from Aldi but having a go at growing my own is not about saving money (I won’t), it’s all about doing something that makes me feel good about something I have achieved and enjoying the process.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +52,612
      Exactly Graham! I have problems with arthritis too and there are quite a few members here with health issues, but the garden keeps us all going. It gives us all a good dose of fresh air, in most cases a chance to relax, and a sense of achievement when something pops it's head above ground, hopefully not slugs or snails though. :biggrin:

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Friendly Friendly x 1