1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

How Does Your Cat Sleep?

Discussion in 'Pets Corner' started by shiney, Feb 7, 2020.

1. ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +100,836
    When I first got the two Kittens back in February the people I got them from told me buying a Cat Nest was a "waste of time" due to Cats sleeping where they wanted to and not where you wanted them to. So my two Kittens decided to sleep under the Kitchen table on one of the cushioned chairs for a month or two and then decided to sleep on a thick blanket I'd placed on the Kitchen table, then they decided to sleep in one of the large, long empty Cat Food boxes. They abandoned those for the two plastic Kitchen Waste boxes that I keep
    upload_2020-9-3_18-20-54.png
    on the Kitchen Work Top.
    But a week ago they decided to do a full circle and sleep on the cushioned chair under the Kitchen table again, as they had originally, until I went shopping on Wednesday and saw a small Cats Nest going cheap at Aldi's. Thinking I wanted to see how the Kittens would react I bought it and placed it on the Kitchen table and........
    upload_2020-9-3_18-25-52.png

upload_2020-9-3_18-26-47.png

upload_2020-9-3_18-33-22.png

upload_2020-9-3_18-27-38.png

but how long they will stay in it as a permanent home is another story:dunno::doh::cat-kittyandsmiley::coffee:

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • ARMANDII

Ratings:
      +100,836
      While I love my two "Monkeys" to pieces they do drive me daft when I'm at the Computer. The Mouse Cursor is black and they love chasing it around the Screen while also sitting or walking on the Keyboard.:doh::cat-kittyandsmiley:
      So, I prefer them when they're doing this..........
      upload_2021-1-2_22-22-21.png

upload_2021-1-2_22-23-12.png

upload_2021-1-2_22-23-56.png

upload_2021-1-2_22-24-27.png

• Like Like x 5
      • Friendly Friendly x 2
      • Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
        Ratings:
        +50,667
        Ah, they are growing up, guess they are over a year old now. Fern reminds me so much of my beloved Calvos who disappeared. You never really get over a disappearance ... and worse we live a half kilometer from the hamlet of Calvos where I found him. Sigh!

Cal 20 July 08 Expat.jpg

And of course Teasel reminds me of my two dearly departed white babes, Puschka and Skwij.

Puschka.jpg

Skwij.JPG

• Like Like x 2
        • Friendly Friendly x 2
          Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
        • JJ28

JJ28 Gardener

the best - retired
          Ratings:
          +772
          I've only just found this thread!!!! It's been so lovely to read of your girls' activities...fun and games.. Armandii. What wonderful characters they have developed into. I've had my rescue tortoiseshell for almost 5 years now and she's been my saviour during shielding times. (I can't put up pictures as my camera...phone.. and computer don't talk to each other) She's gently snoring on the back of the sofa behind my head at the moment.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
          • Like Like x 2
          • Upsydaisy

Upsydaisy Total Gardener

Living in hope of world wide peace.
            Ratings:
            +54,373
            • Like Like x 1
            • Friendly Friendly x 1
            • DianneW

DianneW Head Gardener

Ratings:
              +2,860
              Could not agree with you more,except we just had to let her get on with

it..she has two sides and very sharp claws....yes much prefered her asleep

Taken when living in Bexhill on Sea and the handsome Boyze on the PC Screen who was a true Hunter Puss and went to a Rainbow Bridge at 3 years old with a type of Botulism caught from his wild diet..no sad faces please..He was treasured like all our family of pets, past and present..:cat-kittyandsmiley:

thumbnail_P8194364.jpg
              thumbnail_ADVANCED USER.jpg
              Big Boy Saber as a Youngun
              [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
              • Friendly Friendly x 1
                Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
              • DianneW

DianneW Head Gardener

Ratings:
                +2,860
                I have only used our old mobile recently taking some Photos and found after you connect the usb cable that comes with the phone..this is what mind does...it comes up on the screen upload and then you agree to this with options yeas or no boxes..click that and the photos could download to your PC...into the download files near your documents,pictures etc. best of luck.:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
                • Victoria

Lady of Leisure
                  Ratings:
                  +50,667
                  It was June 2013 Upsy. He was seven. He was on the sofa behind me, got up. went out and never returned. He was mentally challenged ... found him in a plastic carrier bag in front of a rubbish bin on the roadside in 34c temp just born, wet with umbilical cord. He was not breathing and I massaged him in milk till he took a breath. Here is the story ...

Worst Nightmare!

I hate driving through Calvos and always live in hope.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
                  • Upsydaisy

Upsydaisy Total Gardener

Living in hope of world wide peace.
                    Ratings:
                    +54,373
                    Awww how do people sleep at night after doing such a cruel and evil thing like that. Can't understand the mentality of some people..it beggars belief.:sad:
                    If they had left the kittens by the door of the Sanctuary or even the vets.... I could then accept their behaviour a bit more.

• Agree Agree x 4
                    • Friendly Friendly x 1
                    • Victoria

Lady of Leisure
                      Ratings:
                      +50,667
                      I agree and get angry about such. They dump them, drown them, bash them to death. It is all farmland and orchards, just leave them with the mother and go roaming. It is miles to vets/sanctuaries ... that would cost time and fuel.

• Like Like x 3
                      • Friendly Friendly x 1
                      • luciusmaximus

luciusmaximus Total Gardener

Lost in the Wilderness
                        Ratings:
                        +6,899
                        They look very cosy in that bed:). When Dimitris first arrived he had the choice of 5 cat beds, both shop bought and 2 that I made. He refused them all and from day one slept on the bed and the sofas. This time of the year he also favours the wood burner ( when it's on) as well as much of me as he can get. I don't know if the extra clingyness is due to the cold weather or his kidney problems. Do your kittens sleep with you, @ARMANDII ?

• Like Like x 2
                          Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
                        • ARMANDII

Ratings:
                          +100,836
                          It's one of the reasons, Victoria, that I spent over two years constructing 3' x 6' wooden frames of slack Chicken wire to put on top of the 6' high panels of fence all around the garden to stop my Cats getting out and other Cats getting in. My wife and I took in quite a few Kittens, which mainly came from my visiting different Clients and finding one of their members of Staff who had found one and was looking for a Home for it. Unfortunately, in the those early years, the Kittens grew into Cats and we couldn't stop them roaming when they were out in the garden and they all disappeared over time and it upset my Wife greatly as well as me. I don't like taking on the responsibility of any animal if I can't protect it and stop it from the dangers of becoming Road Kill or just disappearing which is why I spent time raising the height of the fences.......which worked perfectly with my last two cats

Sally (who only had one eye)
                          upload_2021-1-4_12-46-37.png

Jenny
                          upload_2021-1-4_12-48-32.png

upload_2021-1-4_12-48-57.png

I'm pretty sure that all the Cats I've had think that of me, Victoria:dunno::heehee:

No, lucius, it's always been a rule of the House that animals have their own comfortable, warm, place to sleep as I, and they, would never get any real sleep during the night:dunno: So, the Cats and I have a "arrangement" that at around 10pm they both, under their own volition, go into the Kitchen and sleep there until the morning.:cat-kittyandsmiley::coffee: