1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

How to post a picture?

Discussion in 'How To ..........' started by lakeside, Jan 1, 2012.

1. lakeside

lakeside Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +14
    Can anyone help please?

2. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    • Like Like x 2
    • lakeside

lakeside Gardener

Retired
      Ratings:
      +14
      Thanks Ziggy. No wonder that there are so few pics on the site. You need a computer expert or a 9 year old to understand it. mike

• Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
      +0
      Hi Mike,

Let me know if you need talking through it. We all had to start somewhere. You are right though, I do ask my kids how to do some things:D

• Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
      Ratings:
      +14,125
      :WINK1: It might seem confusing Mike but once you have done it a couple of times you won't think twice.. I still use Photobucket allot as that always seems easiest to me... :WINK1:

• ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
      +100,836
      Yes, I agree with Marley, although the instructions for using Photobucket and how to download to GC don't exactly stand out.:D

• Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
      +0
      Too true.

When you've uploaded a pic to photobucket, hover the cursor over the pic & a link box will come up.

Take the cursor to the bottom one, IMG Code, that should change to copied.

To paste that to gardeners corner, click in the reply box, right click your mouse and select paste.

The image code should appear in the reply box. leave a space before writing anything else to keep the code separate. That should work.

• Daisies

Daisies Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +2,686
      I'll look at it again and modify it. It seems clear enough to me but then .................

• Daisies

Daisies Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +2,686
      Oh jeepers - the screen shots are all from BoneSmart! :DOH: I will redo the entire thing.

• ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
      +100,836
      Not everyone is as quick or computer literate as you, Daisees:D:DOH:, including me. When you set up the Photobucket account there's nothing there really to explain how to do what, i.e: What I fondly called an "Idiots Guide"......which I've needed throughout Life:heehee: Perhaps a "blow by blow" more comprehensive guide is needed??:scratch::D

• Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
      +0
      The Left Arthroscopic Minsectomy should have given us a clue:heehee:

• Daisies

Daisies Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +2,686
      Okay, it's all updated now. Want to take a look and see if it's any easier for you to use?

• Like Like x 1