1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

man and dog

Discussion in 'Pets Corner' started by miraflores, Aug 28, 2012.

1. miraflores

miraflores Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,389
    dog.JPG
    John Unger and his dog, a German Shepherd cross for 19 years, are immersed in the waters of Lake Superior. In the photo, the man hugging his life partner trying to put him to sleep like a baby. And he does every day: a ritual that has been repeated for years, because Schoep is suffering from a form of arthritis that does not allow him to sleep. Even painkillers cannot give him relief and so John tries to make him relax thanks to the movement and temperature of the water.

The story of John and Schoep began almost twenty years ago, when the man with his ex-girlfriend has adopted the puppy which had previously suffered ill-treatment. The two became inseparable from the start, as often happens in the relationship between owner and pet. Shortly after the adoption of Schoep here is the triggering event: John is dumped by his girlfriend and decides to end it but his dog saves. "If I had not Schoep with me that night, I do not think that I'd be here - Unger confessed to a newspaper - I do not know how to explain it, he just pulled out of that bad moment. Want to do what I can for him, I has literally saved my life.

The story of John and Schoep was so moving over the network that now the animal, thanks to many donations, is following laser therapy in a veterinary clinic that seems to help a lot in treating the disease and alleviating the pain.

• Like Like x 4
    • "M"

"M" Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +31,885
      A very moving report, thank you for posting that.