1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

my blog n freebie site

Discussion in 'Members Blogs/Websites' started by RandyRos, May 7, 2009.

1. water-garden

water-garden Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree.

Its like saying, buy this item, but I am not going to tell you what it is until you have brought it. It does not make your forum very welcoming does it?

I can, to a point understand why you have done it, but would you buy something if you did not know what it way you were buying?

2. RandyRos

RandyRos Gardener

Ratings:
    +404
    youre not buying anything, its free!

and i know not all Pagans are wiccans as wiccan means to practice wicca (magic). as far as i was aware, Pagan means to venerate more than one god/diety

3. clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
    +19,596

Wicca generally refers to 'witchcraft', so a practitioner of wicca, a wiccan, is someone who practices witchcraft. Not so many years ago you'd have been burnt at the stake for such behaviour, which was by and large little more than the celebration of nature and its bounty (herbal medicines, mind altering rituals often involving some very common and often overlooked wild plants that happen to make temporary changes to your mental state). Nowadays, wicca tends to be largely benevolent in its nature, but of course there are many very poisonous articles in natures store cupboard, so who knows what went on years ago:) Interestingly, although in the west, the whole idea is a bit of a taboo, in the east it is still commonplace, just going by different names. The early christians saw to that, on realising they couldn't convert everyone by force, they adopted the new tactic of mockery. They even pinched many of the pagan festivals. It is no coincides that halloween, the day we are supposed to chase evil spirits away, coincides with Samhain, the day the celts believed that the boundary between the mortal world and the spirit world was weakest and they could commune with their deceased relatives. The early church didn't even bother to rename Easter when they pinched it, Easter (etimology: Eastre, Oestre) was the norse goddess of fertility, manifesting herself as the first full moon after spring equinox to bring life back to the land.

Not quite, that would make hindus and buddhists pagans.