1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

My blog

Discussion in 'Members Blogs/Websites' started by theplantman, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,125
    I have to say "Thank you" Chris... Your blog is very interesting & I have found out a few things too, thanks very much... That is what it is all about though isn't it... Sharing info & experiences of growing, problems etc etc.... Thanks Chris..:thumb:

2. theplantman

theplantman Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks Marley much appreciated.

3. wiseowl

wiseowl FRIENDLY ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +89,870
    Hi Plantman don,t know how I missed this (must have been when my back went crook) :) Really enjoyed your Blog full of lots of useful information and a pleasure to read,thank you.I always companion plant round my Roses to ward of Greenfly ect,I think its got something to do when for years I worked on a big local country estate with acres of Formal Rose beds in perfect vertical and horizontal lines surrounded by just soil,now I can run wild:hehe:
    Thanks for sharing with us all.:)

4. theplantman

theplantman Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks WOO, Im really glad you enjoyed it.

5. theplantman

theplantman Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all...... updated blog with some thoughts on jiffy 7's, it may be that part of my job means I see so many more perennails form different suppliers that I pick up on this problem when its unlikely other gardeners would.

But please take a sec to read last entry and ask yourself have i had a plant failure from a garden centre or nurery bought plant (or propped yourself with jiffy) that has failed and you had not realised why. Im sure it happens all the time ...

6. wiseowl

wiseowl FRIENDLY ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +89,870
    Hi Plantman Great Blog :thmb:I personally have never had any problems with them,but on saying that I have numerous friends who have tried them once and say never again,:) Sorry I can,t be of more help,but I will ask around.:)

7. theplantman

theplantman Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks WOO, It may be just me, they probably all think im mad at work im always banging on about it...although when I show the plants people do tend to agree (of course that could be to shut me up).

8. theplantman

theplantman Gardener

Ratings:
    +0