1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

NEVER buy anything from JERSEY PLANTS

Discussion in 'Retailer Feedback' started by Chopper, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,125
    :scratch: OK found it Chopper.. Will be back to sort it later.. :thumbsup:

2. Chopper

Chopper Do I really look like a people person?

Seal Clubber
    Ratings:
    +112
    Thanks for that link Ziggy.

I am not the most friendly or sociable of people, even on a good day. Yesterday was a bad day, Jersey plants have upset me now. So I am going to cancel the order and demand a full refund. I am also going to lodge a formal complaint with Trading Standards. I am sure there is some sort of link between them and the authorities on Jersey.

I tend to get very wound up over things like this, because all of these problems are avoidable. They are very quick to take peoples money and then come up with all manner of excuses and lies to stall issuing refunds. Very sad state of affairs. The people concerned may think they are being clever, but they are just proving that they are not fit to do the job for which they are being paid. Instead the are doing a good impression of shady conmen. Maybe it is not an impression, quite possible, even probable they are just conmen out to make a fast buck. Sooner or later all these wide boys come to grief. Then watch them cry.

Chopper.

3. CosmosGuy

CosmosGuy Gardener

NHS
    Ratings:
    +306
    Hope you manage to get something sorted.

We have been minding the neighbours house while they were away, and found a package from Thompson and Morgan. The dispatch was about 19/03/11 and by this point it was 02/04/11. I opened them up, and they had completely stuck and rotted, out of about 50 plugs none were viable.

I was quite surprised as I had always known them to have a goodish reputation (correct me if i'm wrong). When my neighbour returned he contacted Thompson and Morgan who said they had sent them out too early, and had basically been sitting with a courier. He has since been sent 3 in replacement.

It's a shame there is no consistancy with these companies. Hopefully with a bit of pushing you can get them to submit!

4. Chopper

Seal Clubber
    Ratings:
    +112
    Don't worry, I will not be letting them off the hook lightly. Not my way at all.

Chopper

• Like Like x 1
    • ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
      +100,836
      I, for one, will take on board what happened to you, Chopper, and not buy from Jersey Plants.

• Like Like x 2
      • Chopper

Seal Clubber
        Ratings:
        +112
        Still heard nothing from these cowboys. Not received the replacements they promised either.

So when they turn on thier computers in the morning, they will find 27 copies of the same email telling them if they do not get my plants to me by 12.00 noon Monday 18th April 2011, I will be taking them to court and the Trading Standards, or the equivalent on Jersey.

No more Mr Nice Guy.

Chopper.

• ARMANDII

Ratings:
        +100,836
        You're doing the right thing, Chopper, and on the basis of your experience I'll never use them for anything. I've used Jaeger and, Gardening Direct, and Plants Direct in order different varieties of Cannas over the last few weeks and got the goods within a week or less of ordering and was pleased with the quality of the corms, so there are some good companies out there.

• Chopper

Seal Clubber
        Ratings:
        +112
        Another Update!

After bombarding Jersey Plants email address with dozens of copies of the same email, which all threatened legal action, I got a surprise phone call today!!

The guy was most apologetic and claimed he didn't know anything about the problems I have encountered, until he read my emails.

I now know that the bloke I spoke to before, that claimed he was the call centre manager is in fact a bare faced liar. The call centre manager is a woman!

The guy I spoke to today tried to give me the same flannel as the other bloke, until I stopped him dead in his tracks and told him that I am not interested in any of thier operational difficulties. The fact is that they have had my money since January and what has been delivered was damaged.

Long and short of his call was that he was going to try and sort out the problems. I told him that was not good enough and if my goods did not arrive by Monday 12 noon, then legal action would definately follow. I then told him that if they send out 55,000 packages a week as they claim, then they must have at least some of my order in surplus stock, why didn't he check and call me back?

The guy did call me back a couple of hours later. End result according to him is that my replacement plants are being despatched today, so is a full refund cheque. The rest of my order will follow ASAP. He actually expected me to be grateful for this.

I will wait till Monday and see what, if anything happens.

Chopper.

• ARMANDII

Ratings:
        +100,836
        Good for you, Chopper. Like you said, let's wait to see if your goods do arrive in a proper state and in time.:thumbsup:

• Chopper

Seal Clubber
        Ratings:
        +112
        Got back from the clubhouse today to findfour boixes of plants on my doorstep. All of them were in good condition. 1 box of 160 Begonia Destiny, 1 box of 160 Impatiens Waterfall and two boxes of 160 "Mystery plants" and I have no idea what they are.

Stillno cheque refund as was promised. Still half of my order missing. If the other plants are not here by monday, I am making an official complaint to Trading Standards and lodging a claim through the county court or the Jersey equivalent.

These people are beyond a joke. Now its payback time.

Chopper.

• Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
        +28,997
      • RachelN76

RachelN76 Gardener

Midwife
        Ratings:
        +15
        My mum was going to order some plugs from Jersey plants, but changed her mind. Sounds like she might have had a lucky escape.

• Chopper

Seal Clubber
        Ratings:
        +112
        I suggest you avoid them like the plague. The lies and bull I have had from this week alone is staggering.

They have till monday 12 noon, then I take legal action.

Chopper

• R Orton

R Orton Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
        +0
        jp

Hello Chopper

Sounds like you have had a bad time with Jersey Plants Direct, I have been ordering with them since 2004 and have had some great plants from them..
        I remember when I first ordered with Jersey Plants I had the same kind of experience, but soon realised that on all their adverts.. website.. etc they give delivery times for example end of feb - end of may, because they grow all their plants from seed I was told?

We all want our plants early, especially if the sun is shining eh.. but suppose they cant send them if they are not ready, and this may be why they give lengthly dispach periods? Would be irresponsible to send if they are not ready, and I hate to see plants dead in a box..

I am definately not opposing you Chopper, I dont want to be killed :-)

Give JP a chance they are cheap and great quality....

R Orton

• shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
        Ratings:
        +118,488
        Although we use JP we have also been disappointed this year. Some of our plug plants look as though they couldn't have been packed very well. We know they come by courier and they should be packed to withstand shaking/throwing around. Quite a lot of them were out of their modules because they were given too much space without packing.

Some were badly damaged and we have found that the begonias are not a very good quality this time. About 10% of them have died off whereas some from other sources are doing much better.

Come on JP, it's good to see that you are doing well but you really must keep your standards up.