1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

NEVER buy anything from JERSEY PLANTS

Discussion in 'Retailer Feedback' started by Chopper, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Chopper

Chopper Do I really look like a people person?

Seal Clubber
    Ratings:
    +112
    Yet another box of begonia destiny arrived this morning, Again good condition but small, still no geraniums just endless begonias thats 480 so far ... we only ordered 160. :S

What also arrived were petunias fron suttons .. lovely little strong plants and a stick to poke them out these were only ordered on sunday :) well done suttons.

2. Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
    +28,997
    My earlier post .....

3. Kristen

Kristen Under gardener

Ratings:
    +12,667
    <DartsVoice>

"Four hundred and eighty!"

4. RachelN76

RachelN76 Gardener

Midwife
    Ratings:
    +15
    That's quite a lot of begonias!!

5. HarryS

HarryS Eternally Optimistic Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +16,246
    I have been buying my plug plants from Funky Flora for the last 3 years. As I dont need 160 Busy Lizzies or 120 petunias. This company sell in 6's and 12's and they are big plugs. Photos below of some of them potted up in 3" pots just after receiving them on 1st of April. All are doing very well , not lost one .............yet:happydance:Prices work out at about £0.75 each so if you do need 100s of plugs this would be expensive , but for those plants which you may have trouble finding in the nurseries or GC's this company is 10/10 .

[​IMG]
    Trailing begonia and Bidens Pirates treasure

[​IMG]
    Sunpatiens

[​IMG]
    Geranium Blue Wonder

• Like Like x 1
    • Chopper

Seal Clubber
      Ratings:
      +112
      How strange that your first post is about a company that I am in dispute with? Also strange that your post is almost word for word the same as another post on another forum. Even more strange is that every time I post something about those charlatan cowboys at JPD, someone like yourself, joins the forum I have posted on and praises JPD inthe same way you have done. Slightly different words, different screen names, but always saying pretty much the same thing about JPD.

These posts from someone that praise JPD are all evading or deliberately avoiding the point of my dissatisfaction with JPD.

1. JPD took my money at the time I ordered my plants, early January.

2. They think that stating a very wide and ambiguous estimated delivery time excludes them from having to be more specific when or IF someone actually manages to get through on thier phone lines.

3. JPD advertising says that they base thier orders/deliveries on a first come first serve basis. If they cannot fill the orders by the time that the plugs are needed thay should NOT take the orders or offer an immediate card refund.

4. JPD customer service is an absolute joke. You can never get through to them without either an engaged tone or being put in a queue and being told you will be waiting up to 46 minutes AND you are paying for that waiting time.

5. IF and it is a very BIG IF, you do manage to get through and speak to someone, the person will not or cannot answer any direct questions. They will also make promises that they have absolutely no intention of keeping. They will also tell you a false name and claim they are a manager. Then when you ask for them by name, no such person o rposition exists. In short THEY LIE FOR A PASSTIME.

6. IF you happen to be lucky enough to actually receive any of the plugs you ordered, they are most likely going to be damaged in transit. Or they will be the wrong plants, or they will arrive too late to mature this year.

7. ANYTHING that you are promised does not appear. Inlcuding the promised refund cheque.

8. They lie about refunding money to credit/charge cards. If they can take money via card they can also refund the money to the card. I checked with three banks and two card companies.

9. Raising a cheque does NOT take anybody 10 working days. If JPD cannot raise and post a cheque quicker than that then they should NOT be employing such incompetant staff.

10. JPD do not publish thier head office address, instead they have a PO Box number.

Well the bad news for JPD is that they have picked on the wrong guy. This weekend several club members are visiting the island of Jersey. They have all the names of the staff that have been given to me. They have an ariel photo of the company nurseries, the name of the place and the postcode. They also have the head office address in St Hellier with a photograph of the building.

After the weekend I will have allof the information I need totake them to court and claim all my money back, plus costs. They will also be getting a visit from the Jersey equivalent of Trading Standards.

I have been in touch with the BBC Watchdog programme and ITV's "Rogue Traders". I am writing to every gardening magazine that is published in the UK.

After that, I am not going to be very nice to them.

Chopper.

• Like Like x 1
      • Chopper

Seal Clubber
        Ratings:
        +112
        Hi Harry

Thanks for the tip about Funky Flora. Unfortunately they are too expensive for what I am trying to do.

Must agree that your plants do look very healthy. Hope your garden plan works out better than mine is at the moment.

Chopper

• HarryS

HarryS Eternally Optimistic Gardener

Retired
        Ratings:
        +16,246
        Hello Chopper
        I am sure that with Mrs Choppers and your planning and hard work everything will come together ! Just think all them over delivered begonias - pot them up - bring them on a touch , and sell them from the roadside :thumb:

• Chopper

Seal Clubber
        Ratings:
        +112
        Well surprise surprise!! I have received a refund cheque from JPD. Still not received the rest of my order as was promised though.

This company is a joke. I am so hacked off about it, that I really feel the need to do something very unpleasant to them. Really upset them by way of revenge.

On the other hand, I have another brand new Harley, the sun is shining, the roads are dry and one of my brothers has just suggested that we go for a ride. Have to thnk about that for a while..............

Ok, time to get my new Harley out!! JPD can wait till I get back.

Chopper.

• Chopper

Seal Clubber
        Ratings:
        +112
        While I was very busy at my clubs annual custom show and party, Mrs Chopper was running backwards and forwards looking after me and my club brothers, then driving forty miles back hoime to tend the animals and plants. What a woman.

On saturday after feeding and watering the club, Mrs Chopper went home to find 320 Begonia Destiny, 160 Geranium Parade, 160 Geranium Tutti Frutti and 120 Impatiens Waterfall. All of them small plugs, all of them in dire need of watering, none were damaged but all of them in desperate need of potting on.

So JPD can deliver plants in good order, they just need lots of threats of legal action and abuse. Not sure if I have come out ahead in this dispute, but one thing is for sure. I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM AGAIN.

I would rather shove a wasp nest up my backside.

Chopper.

• Like Like x 2
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
          Ratings:
          +14,125
          :yay: Well done Mrs Chopper..!!! :hapfeet:

Funnily enough Chopper I spoke to another villager yesterday & asked her where she had got all her plug plants from, she now uses Sutton & Dobies now as she had a dreadful experience with JPD..
          Only you have come out of it better than she did, but she will never use them again & also went on to say she had heard others having problems with them...!!! :scratch: So maybe you have done OK out of them in the end, but you shouldn't have had to argue like that... Disgusting.. I worked in retail for some years & was always taught that "The Customer was always right"..!! :yess:

• Chopper

Seal Clubber
          Ratings:
          +112
          Mrs Chopper says... in a small voice .... hope they stop sending begonias... 800 is more than enough, anyone want a begonia or two?:help:

• Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
          +28,997
          Looks like they delayed dispatch to the virtually the very last day. You ordered in January and I seem to recall something about a 'first come first served' policy being mentioned somewhere which is obviously nonsense because Jersey Plants told me on the 1st April (!) in that email above that I if I placed an order then, some 3 months after you ordered, I would also receive mine by the same date yours arrived.

• encapsulated-sapling

encapsulated-sapling Apprentice Gardener

student-part time self employed.
          Ratings:
          +1
          Scrungee!
          its not just JPD that do that,
          i've had so so so many problems with sutton seeds and thompson and morgan.
          i seem to have my best luck with mr-fothergills and he gives free P&P with all seed orders! :D

• Chopper

Seal Clubber
          Ratings:
          +112
          Thanks Marley

Thing is, I should not have to start a ruck with a company just to buy the products I want to buy. This little spat has caused me a lot of stress, which does bring out the worst in me.

I too have worked in retail, in the motor trade, advertising, TV and radio. I build custom bikes and do a lot of biker leather work. NONE of my customers ever get treated in the manner that JPD have treated me.

The customer is NOT always right, BUT HE IS ALWAYS THE CUSTOMER. Customers pay the wages.

Now that I have got my plants and a refund, I really can't be bothered with them any more. They are just not worth the effort. I would rather spend my time enjoying my garden and trying to catch up with things I should have been doing while I was getting angry with JPD.

I just hope that they have not ripped off or upset anybody that cannot stand up for themselves.

Chopper.