1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

NEVER buy anything from JERSEY PLANTS

Discussion in 'Retailer Feedback' started by Chopper, Mar 29, 2011.

1. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +118,497

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Kristen, our apprentices used to be sent out for lots of things like that :thumbsup:. The female staff were the worst because they knew the male apprentices knew nothing about food shopping so used to send them out for things like going to the butcher for a pound of dingo's kidneys. :heehee:

2. Clematis

Clematis Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +20
    Well I received a tray of begonias today. They were looking very sad and were not packed well. In fact some of the tray pots are empty. I feel a complaint coming on!!!

Still need to receive the rest of the order - goodness knows when that will be but too late to grow them on I'm sure. They haven't answered my email either about delivery - they said within 6 days - it's already been 8.

3. ArtB

ArtB Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    I'll buy locally next time

Received plants from JerseyPlantsDirect which were very small but hopefully will be OK over time. However I am still waiting for the second part of my order which should have been despatched April/May. It is now June 9th. I e mailed to find out when I would receive them. Received an automated reply saying they would reply in 6 days.!!! What sort of organisation is this?
    I'll never use them again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Kristen

Kristen Under gardener

Ratings:
      +12,667
      Thanks for taking the time to register to contribute to this debate ArtB :thumb:

• gcc3663

gcc3663 Knackered Grandad trying to keep up with a 4yr old

Ratings:
      +1,663
      Hi ArtB
      were they Begonias?
      Mine arrived last week (Garden Ready!!!) They were up to a max. 1.5" of leaf - many were much less.
      The root systems are very poor and are currently being tenderly coaxed to try and save them.
      JPD tell me they are going to refund me for them - its the last of a long line of problems from an order I placed in March.
      For years we have ordered Mail order for Plugs to give an economic start to the displays. Not usually from JPD - and guess what??

Hope you get the remainder of the order - before the frosts arrive!

• Chopper

Chopper Do I really look like a people person?

Seal Clubber
      Ratings:
      +112
      We have achieved a 25% survival rate on the begonias we recieved, not great as many were in very poor condition on arrival. The geraniums faired better, though they are still very small, the last batch that arrived and are currently in 3 inch pots are around 1.5 inches high but many are throwing up flower heads, they look like bonsiaed geraniums :scratch:.

Mrs Chopper

• Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
      +28,997
      For comparison, the 168 begonias I purchased from T&M for £7.98 incl P&P (back in post #26 on page three of this thread , which arrived 7 days after ordering on a Saturday evening, all survived and now look like this (bit behind with planting the beds at home!) in 3½"/90mm pots:

[​IMG]

And they would probably have been larger if they hadn't been chucked out my small polytunnel into coldframes to make way for tomatoes.

P.S. Having said how good T&M's plants were, I bought some very expensive seeds, that appeared sub-standard immediately on opening the packet, only achieved about 50% germination and those that grew were runts. T&M (stupidly?) put the batch details on the top of their seed packets, the bit that you tear off when opening, so you can't provide them with the information they request when making a complaint. After 2 - 3 emails I got the offer of replacement seeds, but had to explain that is was then way past the time for sowing, so was promised a refund, but they credited the wrong amount to my credit card, as apparently their accounting system apportions a money off voucher value to each item in the order, meaning if something you've bought using one fails you don't get (up to all!)your money back for them! More emails to T&M and they've promised to refund the full value of the failed seeds. I'm now awating my next statement to check they've done it properly next time. I feel less angry now.

• Clematis

Clematis Gardener

Retired
      Ratings:
      +20
      I've had an email from Jersey Plants in response to my complaints and they have offered to refund the lot. I'm taking them up on that offer - but we'll see how long that takes!!

• Scotkat

Scotkat Head Gardener

Retired
      Ratings:
      +827
      Sorry to hear you have had a bad experince with Jersey Plants I have used them for years and no problem healthy plugs .

This year I tried Gardeing Direct for a change and there plants were rubbish ,I got a replacement they were worse I have now had a refund.

• kapper5502

kapper5502 Gardener

Retired
      Ratings:
      +30
      Hi, l ordered from Jersey Plants Direct on 01/June/11, 28 Petunia Surfina Classic (Trailing) Super Ready Plants , and received them on 08/June/11. They were delivered by Royal Mail, and were in A1 condition. Maybe, because l ordered them so late in the year, they had already fulfilled their orders of these plants, and l received the ones which they had left over. :scratch:

This is basket No. 1 - taken when they had been planted for 3 days - 5 days after receiving them.​

T[​IMG]

This is basket No 2 - taken when they had been planted for 3 days - 5 days after receiving them.
      [​IMG]

The Petunias around the outside of the baskets are the ones from J.P.D.

Josie

• lazydog

lazydog Know nothing but willing to learn

waiting to win the Lotto
      Ratings:
      +641
      Wish i had read this much earlier in the year Jersey Plants Direct are rubbish plugs when they did arrive they were very small and dried out,pinks had no roots at all waterfall bizzylizzy survived,just.
      When i complained phone calls got no reply and emails were just automated I did get one reply stating I would get replacements for the pinks which i did receive after a week they where slightly better,
      Made me laugh when i received an email stating they are a british company and where very busy bla bla,Well they might be better next year 'cause they wont be so busy but we will never know once bitten and all that.
      I took advantage of Wilko's 3 for2 offer on seeds and will grow on my own + cuttings worth the extra work I am thinking unless people actually want bonsai plants out of season!

• Clematis

Clematis Gardener

Retired
      Ratings:
      +20
      Well at least I have received my refund and replacement plants - I shall just be a lot more careful who I order from next year - or I may just go to Tescos or Morrisons and buy trays of plants ready to go.

• kyleleonard

kyleleonard Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +950
      I ordered a rose from them a few weeks ago, which will be despatched between July-August, so no idea when it'll get here!

• gcc3663

gcc3663 Knackered Grandad trying to keep up with a 4yr old

Ratings:
      +1,663
      Hi Clematis
      what form did your refund take. I have been waiting for over a month and no sign yet.
      I have heard they send a cheque, even though payment is by card.

• kyleleonard

kyleleonard Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +950
      My Jasminum nudiflorum came today, nice quality.