1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

NEVER buy anything from JERSEY PLANTS

Discussion in 'Retailer Feedback' started by Chopper, Mar 29, 2011.

1. gcc3663

gcc3663 Knackered Grandad trying to keep up with a 4yr old

Ratings:
    +1,663
    I emailed last week to enquire when my refund would be received, having waited more than a month.
    I have now received the response.:thumbsup:
    Apparently, due to the length of time between placing the order and requesting the refund it was not possible to return the payment to my card.:mute:
    Strangely though, no one had mentioned that to me, and even more disturbing the response suggested that - due to an oversight the payment has not been completed.:scratch::scratch:
    I am advised they are now going to send a cheque - hopefully signed and correctly targeted.
    My advice to others is to follow up any expected refund - they may require a prompt (or 2)

2. digging dave

digging dave Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I came upon this while looking for something else and I see a lot of negativity regarding J.P.D. I'd like to try to redress the balance a little. I have used them for years and had few problems. Sure not all plants from 160 grew on but then not all seeds in a packet of 100 would germinate. My plants have always arrived in a reasonable time and been good quality. If you are ordering more than 1 tpye of plant it is safe to assume that they will not all arrive at the same time. Two seasons ago part of an order didn't arrive and I was sent £15 worth of vouchers to cover the cost. This was more than the value of the missing plants and I didn't ask for them, they were sent before I knew the plants weren't going to arrive. Last year I was ill and didn't do any gardening so was unable to use the vouchers which had a 1 year expiry date. I e-mailed to explain my situation and asked if the use by time of the vouchers could be extended and I got a reply two days later saying that that wouldn't be a problem and just to use them with my next order. Well I did just that earlier in the year and my order has arrived and the plants are now thriving in my greenhouse just waiting to be planted out. From 360 plug plants I have 345 healthy plants. Less than 5% failure rate.
    J.P.D. are one of a very few companies who don't charge p&p and while their prices have gone up this year, this is due to an increase in taxes, they still represent good value for money.

3. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +46,062
    Not everyone on this thread has had bad experiences dave. I've used them without problem also. It's how they deal with customers once things go wrong that seems to mark them out.

PS: This thread is nearly a year old!

4. jack1e

jack1e Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    orderd 4 set of plants of jpd came with no prob 3rd order 4 more sets there courier could not find my address thay had my post code and house num and still could not find my house 1 week later thay found my house with 4 boxes of dead plants . i emailed jpd an was told i gave them the wrong address and 2 bad will never order of them again .

5. jack1e

jack1e Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    i had orderd begonias a 3rd lived

6. George Foweraker

George Foweraker Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    For many years I have bought plug plants from Jersey plants and have always been pleased with them.The only thing about the small plugs is that you have to transplant them into small pots to bring them on to a size ready for hanging baskets.

This year I thought I would buy the larger plants that are sold ready to plant out.This is a more expensive option but saves a lot of work.

When the plants were delivered about a two weeks ago they looked strong plants but very dry.One box had obviously been kicked about in transit so I rang Jersey plants and they sent a replacement box.The replacement box were all the small plugs so not the same as the damaged ones.Not a great problem and I was pleased they had sent replacements.

I planted all of the large plants into 14 hanging baskets in Miracle grow compost after a good soaking as directed.The baskets were placed outside.Over night the plants started withering and dying and now two weeks later about 75% are dead.When they first started dying I rang Jersey plants and spoke to someone who said I should have kept them indoors as they had come strait from a greenhouse.As they are sold as ready to be planted out that is what I would expect to do with them.

They have sent me a £5 00 voucher which as far as I am concerned they can shove were the sun doesn't shine.

It is not about the money it is about the inconvenience.

I now have to go out and buy a lot of replacement plants so as you can imagine I am not impressed with Jersey plants and will not be buying from them again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
      Ratings:
      +14,125
      [​IMG] George.. That is a darned inconvenient, but as you can see you are not alone.. Such a shame, all those plants and the inconvenience and time wasted on your part as you say... :mad:

I have to admit after a lot of disappointments I now use our local nursery and the plants are much better quality.. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • strongylodon

strongylodon Old Member

Retired
        Ratings:
        +28,415
        Welcome to GC George, their quality is hit and miss, I have had good plants, Pelargoniums, (but also kicked around by Royal Mail, as were the replacements) and Begonias but frequently they will send out mini plug plants barely big enough to handle as it fits in with programming.
        If your plants were healthy looking they should have been ok outside but they not hardened off before posting they shouldn't be advertised as garden ready. I will be trying another supplier.

• Like Like x 2
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
          +28,997
          And all too often, despite it being their fault, some suppliers try and fob you off with some voucher that has a short expiry date and can be only redeemed against actual products and not their P&P. They just don't seem to realise just how much their failure has mucked up all your planting plans for the summer, and think that five quid off another order will make it OK.

• Agree Agree x 3
          • Like Like x 1
          • longk

longk Total Gardener

Ratings:
            +23,089
            Just googled them and here's the result of the search.....................
            Capture.JPG

This thread is at number two in the search results!

Anyway, the small print covers their ass................
            Capture1.JPG

So much for garden ready!

• Like Like x 1
            • Informative Informative x 1
            • George Foweraker

George Foweraker Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
              +5
              The plants that have died cost me well over £30 00 so how does a fiver that has got to be spent by the 25th help.Anyway why would I want to throw good money after bad.On their sit the have a contact form which I have sent them details on and have not had a reply.

• Agree Agree x 2
              • Like Like x 1
              • bexy13

bexy13 Stay calm and eat cucumber!

Student
                Ratings:
                +423
                I hope you get it sorted, and welcome to gc george. I really don't know how people have the heart to do that. If i start my own business then i will make sure i either hand deliver them myself to the recipient or make sure before sending them that they are actually ok and ready and if something bad happens resolve is asap not 3 weeks after. These people are A***Holes

• Like Like x 1
                • Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
                  +28,997
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
                    Ratings:
                    +14,125
                    • Like Like x 1
                    • Agree Agree x 1
                    • john michael cook

john michael cook Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
                      +3
                      Im not supprised to see other people who have had trouble with Jersey plant I orderd plant in the November 2013 expecting them to come in the march or april of 2o14 and got them in the last week of july Loads of phone calls and emails and all i got was first come first serverd and when they did come it was sorry we cannot fill your order completley but please except these plants in there place if i wanted them i would have orderd them plus they were weak dry and leggy to behonest the worst ive ever had from any where i spent 45 pd on rubbish and still have heard nothing from them so no more from jersey plants for me even memers of my family unawares to me have had trouble with delivery dates and the wrong plant

• Informative Informative x 2