New laptop -suggestions please

Discussion in 'Computer Corner' started by ricky101, May 6, 2018.

1. martin-f

martin-f Plant Hardiness Zone 8b

Ratings:
    +10,302
    Hi Aldo thank you for the information, i do not will not bank online i just use Epic as i am not tracked and bombarded with adds/etc.

• Like Like x 2
    • Aldo

Aldo Super Gardener

Ratings:
      +1,318
      That makes perfect sense, I also use VPNs mainly for avoiding being profiled.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • martin-f

martin-f Plant Hardiness Zone 8b

Ratings:
        +10,302
        Are you using a paid one Aldo, i had Express VPN for a while but recently let it go it was quite expensive,

I was thinking of getting a cheaper one to work with the firestick for geo blocked content.

• Like Like x 1
        • Aldo

Aldo Super Gardener

Ratings:
          +1,318
          Yes, I use a paid one, which at the time seemed quite reliable in term of not disclosing data and deleting logs. Of course, if you just wish to bypass georestrictions that should not be a concern.
          But it is hard to know when different sites will blacklist some specific IP ranges, so it is hard to choose one, unless they explicitly promise to update the addresses to guarantee you access (which I think might be illegal to promise explicitly for VPNs based in the US and several other countries, but I might be wrong)

• Like Like x 2