1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

New to the forums- Introduction

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Lydia, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Lydia

Lydia Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    I started becoming passionate about indoor plants just a few months ago, I have started a collection of indoor plants. The plants I have now are: monstera deliciosa (swiss cheese plant), a ficus elastica (rubber plant), an aloe vera, a sanseveria (mother in laws tongue or snake plant) and I am also growing flowers from seeds. I am obsessed with my monstera deliciosa and I am hoping that my plants stay healthy. I am from Lincolnshire in the UK therefore the weather varies so it isn’t hot enough for many plants to be outside at the moment. The monstera is my favourite plant out of all the plants I have. I am going on to do biology as an A level as I love learning about cells and life and love to expand my knowledge on plants. :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Verdun

Verdun Passionate gardener

Ratings:
      +17,487
      Hello Lydia and welcome :)
      Not great on indoor plants but there are some on the forum who are very skilled with them:)

• Like Like x 2
      • Lydia

Lydia Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
        +3
        I am hoping to propagate some cherry trees in my garden because I have so many! Mostly from the birds eating the cherries and scattering the seeds so we have to take the cherries before the bird eats them:biggrin:if I can dig some up and pot them without killing the roots it would be a miracle.I also love indoor plants since my house is quite damp sometimes and I use a dehumidifier but the plants help a lot :)

• Janet mahay

Janet mahay Gardener

Ratings:
        +611
        Hi lydia a warm welcome to forum there are great people on forum you enjoy it much as i do all the best with your cherry trees and house plants

• Agree Agree x 1
        • Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
          +52,615
          Welcome to Gardeners Corner Lydia. :)

• Mike Allen

Mike Allen Total Gardener

Retired. Plant Pathologist.
          Ratings:
          +6,097
          Hello Lydia and a very warm welcome to the forum.
          So you are looking toward your 'A'Levels. Good for you, and I wish you all the best. Biology is certainly a very good and worthwile subject.

So you have been bitten by the houseplant bug. Perhaps if I may. Take it easy with building up your collection. Something I learned a longtime ago, 'You learn by your mistakes' in the case of plant collections including specializing. A mistake can often be very costly finacially. Take your time and enjoy. Any problems, just ask. All the best for te future.

• shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
          Ratings:
          +118,523