1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Newbie first post

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by DaiWig, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Loki

Loki Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +4,092
    What am I missing?
    Lots of old threads are being revisited, however the op is nowhere to be seen :scratch:
    I realise it's a quiet time but this thread is from September :dunno:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
      Ratings:
      +118,310
      I don't know about anyone else but when it's a quiet time (not the weather for gardening or not too many topics being discussed) I tend to find time to look at some posts I've not visited before.

My usual process is that I open GC on 'Watched Threads', deal with those and rarely have time to visit others - unless I've been 'called'. When I've got some spare time I then click on 'New Posts' and have a look. Usually they are proper 'new' ones and I join in if it interests me. That adds to my 'Watched Threads'.

On other very rare spare moments I go to the 'New Members' section and greet new members. Sometimes they aren't new but are new to me. :noidea: :)

During the winter I think a lot of members are just scrolling through different topics, but things do slow down on here at that time of year.

So I don't think you're 'missing' anything :)

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Loki

Loki Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +4,092
        Really nice explanation :)
        I just go to new posts, really busy with family at the moment so my time here is limited.
        Thanks @shiney :blue thumb:

• Friendly Friendly x 4