1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Old Faithful

Discussion in 'Pets Corner' started by Vince, Jul 21, 2019.

1. ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +100,836
    Unfortunately, my Sister phoned me just two days ago that her dog, "Lady", has passed away and, of course, she is more than upset. She is a real dog lover and time and again has had another dog after losing one but as she is finding it harder to take a dog for a walk she is now contemplating getting a bird of some sort.

• Like Like x 2
    • lolimac

lolimac Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +4,984
      That reminds me of the Rudyard Kipling Poem ..'The power of the Dog'.

What about a Budgie Armandii..lovely little birds,I remember all our budgies that have been and gone..Bit odd we always called them Joey though.:)

• Funny Funny x 2
      • ARMANDII

Ratings:
        +100,836
        Well, loli, I have to be honest, I steered clear of recommending that "Sis" should get another dog as she is not able to take it for a walk due to ill health and suggested that she might find that having a Bird would give her the company that is needed. Having said that I didn't recommend a Budgie as although they're said to have a life span of 5 to 10 years all the people I know who have had one have lost them within a couple of years, so I suggested perhaps a Parrot, or the like, would be more interesting and be more interactive than a Budgie. I shan't repeat her answer to my offer to buy her a Pirates uniform if she did get a Parrot:hate-shocked:
        [​IMG]

And she could teach the Parrot all the words she used on me on my kind offer to get her that Pirates dress.:dunno::heehee:

• Funny Funny x 2
        • Like Like x 1
        • CanadianLori

CanadianLori Total Gardener

Battle Axe
          Ratings:
          +30,610
          Over the years I had cats and in between the cats, a golden retriever. Her name was Lady as well. Broke my heart when they grew old and died but after the last cat passed, I discovered that I suddenly didn't have the sniffles or stuffed up sinuses... allergies, big time.:cry3:

Most here are lucky to have the choice to get a new little friend. I have to take antihistamines before a friend comes to visit because the bit of fur that accompanies them sets off an allergic reaction in a hurry. I still pet others' pets when I'm outside but keep it brief. :doh:

Just love the little beasties :)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
          • ARMANDII

Ratings:
            +100,836
            I know where you are on that, Lori, as a life friend of mine comes to visit me even though she reacts badly to Cats. So she stays as long as she can and and then has to go, she deserves a medal for trying! Her husband is my life long fishing companion and we regard ourselves as brothers and he, like me, seems to be immune to anything.

• Like Like x 1
            • Sian in Belgium

Sian in Belgium Total Gardener

Ratings:
              +9,233
              I can relate to that @CanadianLori . My husband is very allergic to cats, and slightly allergic to dogs. When we got married, I had a gorgeous long-haired cat, who loved him. They lived together for 6 years, until the cat passed on. We were fortunate that hubby is normally better with long haired, rather than short haired, cats.

• Like Like x 1
              • Friendly Friendly x 1