1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Pests and diseases FAQ(s)

Discussion in 'Member Requests' started by Dorsetmike, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Dorsetmike

Dorsetmike Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, might it be an idea for some of the more common (and even some less common) pests and diseases be assembled into an FAQ or as a "sticky" (always on top) topic?
    The current thread in roses re caterpillars has been raised previously, in the pests and diseases forum.
    Maybe Rose specific problems at the head of Roses forum? Others in appropriate fora, or all grouped in pests and diseases.
    Main problem is the majority will just ask the question without looking elsewhere, possibly a link at the head of the forum to the problem solving page would solve this?
    Ideally we would need pics where possible to assist in identification.

Cheers MIKE

2. compost maker

compost maker Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
  3. ed251137

ed251137 Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I am new to this forum but the first thing that struck me is there is no Search facility to take you to a discussion on a particular subject. E.g. I came here looking for advice on controlling lygus bugs in strawberries. I do not have the time to trawl through every thread to find out if this subject has been covered.

4. wiseowl

wiseowl FRIENDLY ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +89,902
    Hi Ed251137 I would respectfully suggest that Perhaps If you were to put your Question In the Pests and Diseases and Cures Thread you would get more chance of an answer from one of our many Knowledgeable Friends on this Forum :thmb::) Thank you

5. Sussexgardener

Sussexgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +41
    The Advanced Search works well, but it does involve setting it up correctly. Not difficult to use though!

6. Steve R

Steve R Soil Furtler

Carer
    Ratings:
    +3,699
    There is a search facility on this site and you can find it near the top of the page third from the right on the line. that starts "User CP - Favourites - Donate etc"

But I agree an FAQ type stickied topic in each forum to answer commonly asked questions would be a good idea, even if it contained links to topics where it had been asked before. I've seen a lot of the same questions asked this year as where asked last year...and no doubt will be asked again next year. In short, its a form of indexing for members to have quick access too.

Steve...:)

7. Sussexgardener

Sussexgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +41
    I can think of one Sticky that needs creating right away -

"Dahlias - what to do with them, when to lift, how to chit, when to plant". I've seen that question come up time and again.