1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Pop Ups

Discussion in 'Site Feedback/Bugs' started by rosietutu, Mar 12, 2014.

1. rosietutu

rosietutu Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +434
    In the last few days have been inundated with pop ups I cannot view gardeners corner with out Hot Deals half way across the page, I have ticked the box in settings it makes no difference at all. Running windows 7, Firefox Browser, this has only just started .
    HELP:sick0026:

2. longk

longk Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +23,089
    I use Google chrome. I have downloaded an app called Adblock+ which means I'm add free on all forums. Takes about a minute to do. Not sure about Firefox though.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Jiffy

Jiffy The Match is on Fire

Pyro
      Ratings:
      +31,956
      Roise, On the firefox top bar, click on tools, click options, click content tap, and tick the pop up windows and then click save
      or try in private browsing
      hope this helps

• Informative Informative x 1
      • rosietutu

rosietutu Gardener

Retired
        Ratings:
        +434
        Thank you both, In the end decided to take the Computer to the little man in town been before when I picked up a virus, He is good think they call him a Geek !
        collected it back, £25 good as new. I questioned him as to how I got all that rubbish on it anyway. he told me never to click on links, they come with lots of uninvited xtras Toolbars are another No No, Unfamiliar websites (I do internet shopping ) quite a bit.
        He has installed Microsoft Essentials, I did have AVG but that brought in other things,
        It really is a mine field out there, I have Computers for years, |still learning.

• Like Like x 1
        • Agree Agree x 1