1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

posting pictures

Discussion in 'How To Use Xenforo' started by miraflores, Nov 3, 2012.

1. alana

alana Super Gardener

Head Gardener
    Ratings:
    +2,618
    Is there anyway of posting images direct instead of going through photo bucket (or similar) sites?

2. Kristen

Kristen Under gardener

Ratings:
    +12,667
    Press the UPLOAD A FILE button when you post / reply - if the images are on your PC somewhere (or LINK to the images if they are on another website)

There is a filesize limit on the upload, so you may have to reduce them in size on your PC before uploading them. There is also a maximum height / width but the upload mechanism should sort that for you after upload.

I reduce my images to maximum of 800 wide and 600 tall (the max allowed here) and reduce the "quality" to 70% which I find makes a small file to upload, but yet retains plenty good enough picture quality.

3. alana

alana Super Gardener

Head Gardener
    Ratings:
    +2,618
    Thanks Kristen, I've got it now.

4. Julielovesmud

Julielovesmud Gardener

Self employed
    Ratings:
    +24
    When I go to the create album I keep getting an error message. Is it down right now? I'm not able to load the photo thing a ma jig...since the iPad doesn't support or whatever the flash player do hickey....now what? Well, I think it's bed time for me...:snooze:

5. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +118,473
    Re: size of photo for using the direct 'Upload a File' button.

My photos are generally taken at 1.5mb 2048 x 1536. It resizes those with no problem.

If I'm uploading a number of photos I resize them first as it saves upload time. The software that came with the camera (I store all my photos in it) asks for the measurements when resizing. So I just put in 800 x 600 and I also drop the quality a bit.

6. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    You just need some more posts before you can create an album, it's an anti spam thing :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
      +46,143
      Julie, you can raise your post count by going into the games area and posting on some of those threads. Don't stay too long in there though, some of our members have got hooked and never come out again :)

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Fern4

Fern4 Total Gardener

The gardener of the house!
        Ratings:
        +7,491
        Yes, I can't seem to stop myself!! :biggrin:

• Funny Funny x 2
        • Like Like x 1
        • Julielovesmud

Julielovesmud Gardener

Self employed
          Ratings:
          +24
          Thanks I'll do my best to get chatty. I'm pretty good at it. I wasn't able to load the photo shoppish thing that is recommended on this site. It's not comparable on the iPad is what I think it said...or maybe it was the adobe part that wasn't. Anyway, no worries. I will just look at everyone else's photos for now. I just sent away for some of these air plants...they are so cool. I'm going to design a hanging wire thing that will hopefully look interesting and suspend them. I'm sure there is probably some of you that have them. They are low maintenance ...a good Winter house plant.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
          • JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
            +46,143
            Excellent Julie, I can see that attachment OK although it's a bit small it's a start :)