1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Robin

Discussion in 'Wildlife Corner' started by mazambo, Apr 4, 2020.

1. mazambo

mazambo Forever Learning

Ratings:
    +3,718
    Been in the garden a lot more than usual and had a Robin keeping an eye on me as they do, I've been talking to it and I can get quite close before it flies off, I noticed today it has only one working leg, so I'm going to see if I can get to give some extra good food.

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • mazambo

mazambo Forever Learning

Ratings:
      +3,718
      Managed to get some pics, poor little thing is being blown over by the wind, I've put a little bowl of mealworms where it sits hope it help. IMG_1376 (2).JPG IMG_1365 (2).JPG

• Like Like x 4
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
        Ratings:
        +86,035
        I've got a female blackbird around here that appears to have dislocated one leg.
        It sticks out at a really bad angle and is probably more of a hindrance than perhaps if it had lost it entirely.

• Like Like x 1
        • Informative Informative x 1
        • mazambo

mazambo Forever Learning

Ratings:
          +3,718
          Sadly but inevitably I think, it's been put out of its misery, I noticed a couple of magpie in the garden about 10 mins ago the most likely culprits. 20200405_182017.jpg

• Friendly Friendly x 5
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Nikolaos

Nikolaos Total Gardener

Ratings:
            +4,289
            Sad, but probably the best outcome really, better than a protracted period of suffering and decline for the poor thing. :sad: At least you tried as much as you could for it mate, sometimes that's all you can do with wildlife, try to help and simply hope for the best. Perhaps your voice was a comfort in its time of distress, I always think animals know in their own way that someone cares. :)

Nick

• Agree Agree x 4
            • Friendly Friendly x 2
            • hans

hans Gardener

Retired
              Ratings:
              +745
              Last year we had a tame Robin who would land on your knee while sitting in the garden in shorts enjoying a mug of tea. It went missing we blamed predators. A couple of days later I went in the lawnmower shed and it was the on the floor dead. It had followed me in and I had closed the door. We now have a small slightly open window in place. I buried it under one of our trees. It is well remembered.

• Like Like x 1
              • Friendly Friendly x 1