1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Shelving/Staging

Discussion in 'Wants Lists' started by Fat Controller, Jan 7, 2013.

1. KevinH

KevinH Guest

Ratings:
    +36
    That's a shame. I'm sorry that you all aren't in God's Wonderful Garden here Ooop North...(!:dancy: )

(e2a: I used to live in Tottenham/Enfield in the early 1970s and Jaywick and Clacton-on-Sea in the late 1970s- wonderful days!)

2. Fat Controller

Fat Controller 'Cuddly' Scottish Admin! Staff Member

Public Transport
    At me 'puter, GCHQ Ashford Office, Middlesex
    Ratings:
    +49,471
    Thanks for the offer Kevin, but I am miles away as you now know - I am a bit further round the old M25 near Staines.

I like the pallet idea - whether I could acquire some or not would be the question. Mind you, for the sheer convenience, I am quite taken with the Wilko or Greenfingers ones.

• Like Like x 1
    • "M"

"M" Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +31,885
      Pallets are getting harder to source these days, FC; I know because I send Mr Mum on an expedition last year and told him not to come back empty handed :paladin:

He returned, war weary, shaken and ..... empty handed!! :oopss: :nonofinger:

Seems any company that deals with them in any quantity now sends them back to suppliers for re-using (recycling). Even our builder friend is having troubles sourcing them.

My neighbour did offer to source some for us, *but* most of the ones he gets he chops down for kindling for the log fire in the restaurant his co-owns. Having said that, he chops the flimsy ones and has been very kind in giving us two strong and sturdy ones! For which I am grateful :)

I even posted on Freecycle - one response, weeks later suggesting I ask at a particular garden centre ... but, as I only have a little car, I'm having to wait until a friend of ours is visiting in their big vehicle.

• Like Like x 3
      • chitting kaz

chitting kaz Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +2,616
        if you need a lot buy two for now space apart and lay planks of wood across the gaps morrisons had them cheaper last year then any where else and at the end of the year i picked some up for 2.50 so it worth bidding your time

• Like Like x 1
        • Kristen

Kristen Under gardener

Ratings:
          +12,667
          I got a whole lot of Dexion-type "mechano" and some mesh very cheap - had a search running on eBay for ages before it came up trumps, but I was then able to replace all the heath-robinson stuff in the greenhouse with something that, now, an Elephant could stand on ...